SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I have a request that is simple (at least it sounds simple). I would like to be able to specify what import folders are used with your movie wall. I'd also like to use this with my music. It would be great if each artist had it's own "wall like icon" so I could pick each artist then each album in a wall like fashion (very vmc esque). This would make me very happy.
First import folders can be specified read here

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=102

You must be using dynamic menus

Second

That would be sage audio wall and that is in the works but still off a ways
see here for talk and a screen cap
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41257
Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslatt View Post
Also - make sure your movie files are directly located inside E:\Video\Movies, not in folders under that, but actual files in that folder.
Really? You can't have sub folders for each individual movie and have it set up this way? How do ripped DVD's and Blu-ray's work?

If you have a Movie Wall icon on your main menu, I'd think you'd want it to include DVD's/Blu-ray's as well as individual movie files.

For example:

E:\Video\Movies\Office Space\Office Space.m2ts
E:\Video\Movies\South Park\VIDEO_TS\
E:\Video\Movies\Team America\Team America.mkv
or
E:\Video\Movies\Team America.mkv

In any case I'd like to see Office Space (Blu-ray) South Park (DVD) and Team America (reencoded mkv) all appear together on the Movie Wall. Is that possible?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I have a request that is simple (at least it sounds simple). I would like to be able to specify what import folders are used with your movie wall. I'd also like to use this with my music. It would be great if each artist had it's own "wall like icon" so I could pick each artist then each album in a wall like fashion (very vmc esque). This would make me very happy.
yES 100% possible I don't know what you are quoting...
Old 05-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Nice job once again Plucky. Things are looking great.

How resource intensive is this? My client is setup to test but it's a pretty slow machine.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Peter,

The release posted in this forum is not the processor intense (can take some RAm power though)

No the coverflow demands a little more umph. But I am working on that to try to lower the requirement some if possible.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
yES 100% possible I don't know what you are quoting...
Honestly, I don't know why I used quotes. I had been drinkin a bit. But I would love a sage music wall.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

I am going to reach out to the community here. I need someone to code a menu container for me that has 4 to 6 items with a fixed center focus. (Menu Container not Table) Right now I am kind of overwhelmed with all the coding and projects I have and would love some help so I don't have to learn this as of right now I don't have enough time. If you have studio experience and know what I am talking about above them please PM and I will describe more what I need shouldn't take someone who has already learned that part very long to code.

cheers and thanks

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 05-27-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Hey Plucky!
Well, I finally jumped in and installed this on a 'test' Sage client. Nice job on it. However, I'm not sure I can put it in place on my 'real' clients just yet. My test box is an AMD 4000+ x2 with 2GB of RAM and an ATI 3450HD video adapter, and I'm not getting the performance I'd expect. It takes a good 2 minutes for the initial screen to load up, and then another minute or 2 for a particular video to come up. I am only hitting it against a shared drive on my network that contains about 25 movies, so I'm not really taxing it on that front. I've tinkered with my Java heap size, but pretty much the maximum I can set it to is about a GB. Anything after that generates errors upon launching Sage.
Any recommendations on tweaking performance?
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 05-29-2009, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlobster View Post
Hey Plucky!
Well, I finally jumped in and installed this on a 'test' Sage client. Nice job on it. However, I'm not sure I can put it in place on my 'real' clients just yet. My test box is an AMD 4000+ x2 with 2GB of RAM and an ATI 3450HD video adapter, and I'm not getting the performance I'd expect. It takes a good 2 minutes for the initial screen to load up, and then another minute or 2 for a particular video to come up. I am only hitting it against a shared drive on my network that contains about 25 movies, so I'm not really taxing it on that front. I've tinkered with my Java heap size, but pretty much the maximum I can set it to is about a GB. Anything after that generates errors upon launching Sage.
Any recommendations on tweaking performance?
Lobster,

What are you scaling settings in the first option menu in my app? If you used BMI (which I think you did) to get all your fanart turn scaling off.

Scaling is really only needed if you downloaded fanart yourself and have large fanart.

Let me know
Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am going to reach out to the community here. I need someone to code a menu container for me that has 4 to 6 items with a fixed center focus. (Menu Container not Table) Right now I am kind of overwhelmed with all the coding and projects I have and would love some help so I don't have to learn this as of right now I don't have enough time. If you have studio experience and know what I am talking about above them please PM and I will describe more what I need shouldn't take someone who has already learned that part very long to code.

cheers and thanks
Never got any response to this Anyone?? Also could you someone good at photoshop as well
Old 05-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Wish I could help you out but I just started diving into java so studio is still a few months off for me.

We won't talk about my photoshop skills.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hello Plucky,

I have to congratulate you once again on another jawdropping release! SMW looks amazing.

Unfortunately, I am also posting an issue that I am having that is actually identical to ghostlobster. I am also running this on a client with similar specs: AMD 4600x2, 3GB of RAM, GeForce8500GT, Vista Ultimate64.

Both my Movies and Fanart folder are sitting on a share on my server (gb network). I have about twice as many movies as ghostlobster. I did run a few experiments: played with my Java Heap size, and just as ghostlobster experienced, I can't really go beyond 1GB. I turned various animations on and off, played with various scaling settings (currently have it off).

I also installed SMW on my server (AMD 4200x2,4GB Ram, Geforce 6200, Server 2003R2 32 bit) and experienced the same behavior.

Any suggestions as to what else I could try? It looks so magnificent, I would really like to try and get it working
Old 05-29-2009, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I guess I need to run a client and see what you guys are talking about my first suggestion would be to keep the fanart on the client pc's ( I know not ideal but then it wouldn't have to go over a network to fetch the pictures everytime)
Old 05-30-2009, 08:11 PM
SageTVaholic

It would take me to long to learn java to be useful to you. I'd love to help, I'm just too new to programming.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Quote:
Never got any response to this Anyone?? Also could you someone good at photoshop as well
I'd help if I could, but I'm a horrible developer, as evident by my "Hello World" applicaiton that would only return "Goodbye moron!" I was never able to root-cause that one.
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 06-01-2009, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Removed....
Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Screenshots for the group. Beta of version 3 went out to testers today so depending on how that goes...

Genre View
Fanart is Randomly grabbed from collection not same movies everytime

Home Page
Again Poster in the middle are random and grabs different movies everyload/refresh

NewWallView
Added info to the bottom and a 10% addition in growth of selected as well as white outline to round edges.
NewWallHalo
ActorSearchAllMovies
ActorBreakdown
on selected movie

Also Coverflow and Perspective on Info have been let out of version 3 for now need to make some changes/clean it up and a new phoenix is required, but it will be easily added later.

Cheers
Old 06-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Sage Icon

Cool. Where would the actor stills come from? (that is, I don't recall that they are grabbed by any of the metadata tools, so would they have to be d'l and stored separately?).

thanks
Matt
Old 06-02-2009, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

HOLY ****! That's awesome! Perhaps a really dumb question, but will this work with DVD/Blu-ray folder structures? I'm anxiously awaiting this support in the Sage client software, since I don't want to alter the contents of my rips, except for removal of trailers, and other warnings, which isn't quite so easy yet.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
HOLY ****! That's awesome! Perhaps a really dumb question, but will this work with DVD/Blu-ray folder structures? I'm anxiously awaiting this support in the Sage client software, since I don't want to alter the contents of my rips, except for removal of trailers, and other warnings, which isn't quite so easy yet.
Yes it excepts all the structures video library does so dvd/blu ray work great