SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
Cool. Where would the actor stills come from? (that is, I don't recall that they are grabbed by any of the metadata tools, so would they have to be d'l and stored separately?).

thanks
Matt
Actor stills Peter (THANKS ALLOT!!!)on here grabbed 100 males and 100 females to include with it the rest can be added manually in a folder I have desinated. ActorFirstName space ActorLastNAME.jpg. If anyone starts fetching and wants to share more that is what I am hoping for.

BMI will support actor picture fetching but it is low on his list so for now this will do.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Actor stills Peter (THANKS ALLOT!!!)on here grabbed 100 males and 100 females to include with it the rest can be added manually in a folder I have desinated. ActorFirstName space ActorLastNAME.jpg. If anyone starts fetching and wants to share more that is what I am hoping for.

BMI will support actor picture fetching but it is low on his list so for now this will do.
NP.

Actually, it's 100 males and 50 females. I got a little lazy but it's a good starting point.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

THAT LOOKS AMAZING.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Hello Plucky,

I also installed SMW on my server (AMD 4200x2,4GB Ram, Geforce 6200, Server 2003R2 32 bit) and experienced the same behavior.

Any suggestions as to what else I could try? It looks so magnificent, I would really like to try and get it working
You shouldn't be seeing slow downs on the server (At least I don't on WHS)

Server and extenders should fly, Clients seem to have issues with fanart currently
Old 06-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Server and extenders should fly, Clients seem to have issues with fanart currently
OK, thanks Plucky. I'll focus on trying to get this going on the server first, then post back here what I found. I should probably make a local reference to fanart, rather than UNC, to truly eliminate my network from the equation.

On another note:
Quote:
If anyone starts fetching and wants to share more that is what I am hoping for.
the other Peter would also like to help. It would be nice to be able to make a minor contribution, especially if it doesn't involve programming, since I don't really know any.

Is peter_h (or Peter1 as I refer to him in my head) just pulling these directly from IMDB? Is there any criteria? Should I just start plucking (no pun intended)? Should I get a list of what you already have? Am I making this more complicated than it needs to be?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, thanks Plucky. I'll focus on trying to get this going on the server first, then post back here what I found. I should probably make a local reference to fanart, rather than UNC, to truly eliminate my network from the equation.

On another note:

the other Peter would also like to help. It would be nice to be able to make a minor contribution, especially if it doesn't involve programming, since I don't really know any.

Is peter_h (or Peter1 as I refer to him in my head) just pulling these directly from IMDB? Is there any criteria? Should I just start plucking (no pun intended)? Should I get a list of what you already have? Am I making this more complicated than it needs to be?

If you want to help that would be great shoot me a private message with your email and I will shoot you a list of what has been grabbed and the criteria for it. (Maybe a beta to try )
Old 06-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

On another note:

IMDB's pics are not very good. IMDB was the fallback option for me. I used the-movie-times.com for most of it. Great pics.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks to a generous beta tester we have over 3500 actor images now
Old 06-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Hey plucky!
The screen shots of the new version look awesome! Great job!
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 06-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Thanks to a generous beta tester we have over 3500 actor images now
Well, all I did was take the images from the Google Code Images By Name Project, http://code.google.com/p/imagesbyname/, and run a script against it. The ImagesByName project stores the images in \name\folder.jpg. The script renamed the images from folder.jpg to actor name.jpg, and put them all in one folder.

-Dravor
Old 06-04-2009, 05:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravor View Post
Well, all I did was take the images from the Google Code Images By Name Project, http://code.google.com/p/imagesbyname/, and run a script against it. The ImagesByName project stores the images in \name\folder.jpg. The script renamed the images from folder.jpg to actor name.jpg, and put them all in one folder.

-Dravor
Well you out thought me on that one dravor and it is much appreciated the actor images help complete the look.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I've seen people make comments to this effect as it pertains to some of the fan art-releated imports running on extenders. I've experimented with both the latest version of the SMW and an earlier version of the Movie Info Screen and performance has seemed "slow" to me on the HD200.

Rather than getting into what I've tried to do to improve performance or asking for help, have you considered uploading a video of SMW running on an extender to YouTube? It would provide an example of what kind of optimized performance a user can expect to achieve..

A listing of recommended settings to enable/disable or other strategies used (like when using BMI to fetch images you shoud disable the scaling option) would be icing on the cake.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post
I've seen people make comments to this effect as it pertains to some of the fan art-releated imports running on extenders. I've experimented with both the latest version of the SMW and an earlier version of the Movie Info Screen and performance has seemed "slow" to me on the HD200.

Rather than getting into what I've tried to do to improve performance or asking for help, have you considered uploading a video of SMW running on an extender to YouTube? It would provide an example of what kind of optimized performance a user can expect to achieve..

A listing of recommended settings to enable/disable or other strategies used (like when using BMI to fetch images you shoud disable the scaling option) would be icing on the cake.

Great Idea Maybe I can shoot a video in the next couple of days and upload to you tube of it running on the extender. So people can see what I am seeing and then they can determine if that is up to par with theirs.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Yeah
Old 06-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Great Idea Maybe I can shoot a video in the next couple of days and upload to you tube of it running on the extender. So people can see what I am seeing and then they can determine if that is up to par with theirs.
Perfect! That is exactly what I had in mind.

And thanks to you for your contributions in bringing some of this cool stuff to Sage.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Perfect! That is exactly what I had in mind.

And thanks to you for your contributions in bringing some of this cool stuff to Sage.
You welcome but it is not just me that needs the thanks. Now is a good time for me to give some credit due I am still learning Java and studio at the same time and some credit is due for helping me through hurdles

RazorSharpe- Has helped me in email privately with learning how to build my own arrays as well as contributed a jar file that has allowed me to remove "the","a","an" from titles when sorting

Stuckless-Firstly my app wouldn't be possible without BMI and the phoenix API but he has gone beyond that busy as he is with that he has still helped me through some stubling with all this privately

Mike- Same as above I know he is busy with phoenix but he still takes time to answer questions when I have them

Greg and andy- They help all the time in the studio forum when I have questions no matter how dumb they might be at times.

JaminBen- Always give me his opinion wether I like it or not 100% honest and very helpfuly at giving interface look opinions.

Beta testers- help all the way make the product what it is and does.

So really this is a community effort so thanks to them I would like to say.

I have spent way.... longer then originally anticipated but I am not 100% burnt out yet plus I have a vacation coming up so hopefully a week away from it will refresh me As long as the wife puts up with the late nights of coding I am hoping to help.

cheers
Old 06-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well Plucky,
Another big thanks to you and everyone who helped make you what you are today, a great developer with an amazing plugin. V3 has quite a WOW! effect.

On another note, I am going to try and isolate the root cause of the issues I am experiencing with the client and SMV. I just wanted to know if anyone has gotten v2 working effectively on a Sage Client. Specifically I have about a two minute wait from the time that I select the videos screen to the time that SMV loads. I also see this slowdown when I scroll past the bottom of the viewable page.

Does anyone have this working on a client without seeing these issues?

Thanks.

And Thank you Dravor for your massive contribution. I'm sure many of us will put it to good use.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Well Plucky,
Another big thanks to you and everyone who helped make you what you are today, a great developer with an amazing plugin. V3 has quite a WOW! effect.

On another note, I am going to try and isolate the root cause of the issues I am experiencing with the client and SMV. I just wanted to know if anyone has gotten v2 working effectively on a Sage Client. Specifically I have about a two minute wait from the time that I select the videos screen to the time that SMV loads. I also see this slowdown when I scroll past the bottom of the viewable page.

Does anyone have this working on a client without seeing these issues?

Thanks.

And Thank you Dravor for your massive contribution. I'm sure many of us will put it to good use.
No problem. If I get a chance I'll download the latest from the ImagesByName project, and fix the directory structure. The one I sent is a few weeks old and the newer one may have more actors/actresses.

-Dravor
Old 06-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravor View Post
No problem. If I get a chance I'll download the latest from the ImagesByName project, and fix the directory structure. The one I sent is a few weeks old and the newer one may have more actors/actresses.

-Dravor
Thanks to the ImagesByName folks, here are 4400 actor/actress pictures. Just unrar and you should be good to go.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K6EV52AL

-Dravor
Old 06-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I did some testing on my client last night and thought I would post my findings (if you could call them that) here. I know at least ghostlobster was trying to get SMV going on a client.

Perhaps it would be better to post in list format what I tried. None of the below actions changed the behavior I have been seeing up until this point:
1. turning animations on and off
2. turning scaling on and off
3. changing the album art cache size and turning it on and off
4. deleting my whole fanart folder, going to SMV without any fanart
5. having BMT repopulate my fanart folder then trying SMV
6. pointing the client to a local copy of my fanart folder

The only time I saw acceptable performance on the client was when I disabled fanart altogether, then everything worked fine.

That being said, I tried SMV on my server as well again, and I'm getting similar behavior. So I may play with that tonight and try and get it working properly there.

Cheers,
Peter