SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
It really is great so far... though, in honesty, for now I may end up just having it go straight to the wall. i really don't have a collection on here large enough yet to bother with the home screen. As great as it is, it seems like just an extra unnecessary step for now.

Is there a way to call the wall from a menu with a filter selected, like the exclude options? Would be nice to have a separate menu item that brings up different filters... might be smoother and quicker to get the kids movies...

EDIT: I guess I could always just split the kids movies out to a separate folder.. might be easier in the end.
Fuzzy,

Thanks glad you like it. and yes splitting the filters would be best. Remember you can pull up categories from the wall with search or guide (i forget which right now )

Also you can disable the homepage from loading in case you didn/t know.

I am starting to think the issues people are having are related to something wrong in their setup I have put it on 4 computers and 2 extenders without issue but I am doing some more testing before reposting a link.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

yeah, i have it set to go straight to the wall currently. Is there a way to easily add abackground image to the wall screen? obviously, it wouldn't need anything complicated, but something a little more than pure black might be good...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-26-2009, 07:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
yeah, i have it set to go straight to the wall currently. Is there a way to easily add abackground image to the wall screen? obviously, it wouldn't need anything complicated, but something a little more than pure black might be good...
Not currently and this reason for this is transparancy if you turn it down you can see through the movies and with busy cover art it does not look good, but if enough people want it I will consider
Old 06-26-2009, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

I, personally would prefer the covers simply not have any transparency (they don't in my DVD rack), and have a simple colored background.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Alright after much testing and talking with some of my beta testers I think allot of the issues are user related.

That being said I am willing to help anyone so please don't be afraid to state your problems and I will see what I can do to help you.

Joker theme is fixed it takes some powerful pc to scale all the images on load far warning also java heap can reach aroun 400mb so make sure yours is large enough. It runs super fast on my pc and exceptable on the extender. Just remember if it is going slow watch your cpu and ram. To that extent I have set the default to reflections now. I love the joker and recomend it if you have the pc to handle it.

Here is a new build with all the latest fixes I am off to bed

SageMovieWallV3R1.04

please redownload and overwrite (make sure sage and sagetv server are off!!)
Old 06-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

Ill give this another Go tomorrow morning before the day gets hectic. I will report back with how things are going and if your suggestions fixed things for me.

Thanks for all the hard work and dedicated support for us folks Plucky!
Old 06-27-2009, 04:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, it appears the latest SMW download fixed my problem of not seeing any of my movies. However, when I click on a movie nothing plays, so not sure what the cause of that could be.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-27-2009, 04:49 AM
SageTVaholic

By default it will bring up the SMW info. In the options you need to change it to play or to use AMIS.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

I changed "Select Function" on Home Screen Options to "Play" from from "SMW Info" and still nothing. Also, I still encounter the problem where if I try to select a movie from the "Recent" tab it locks up SageTV.

Very odd.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
I changed "Select Function" on Home Screen Options to "Play" from from "SMW Info" and still nothing. Also, I still encounter the problem where if I try to select a movie from the "Recent" tab it locks up SageTV.

Very odd.
I'm using AMIS and that is working fine for me. I'll test the other options on mine.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Plucky

It looks like you're hardcoding this path:
pluckyhd/ImageDirectory=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\PLuckyhdSMWScreens

Just so you know. Any 64bit users need this path:
pluckyhd/ImageDirectory=C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\PLuckyhdSMWScreens

Gerry
Old 06-27-2009, 05:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
I'm using AMIS and that is working fine for me. I'll test the other options on mine.

Gerry
Thanks. I'm trying to set this up on my PC which I use more for testing purposes before I decide if I want to move SMW over to my Server. I may just do an uninstall of SageTV on my PC, and reinstall everything, give me a clean starting point.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:22 AM
SageTVaholic

dbone, it sounds like the JAR may not have been able to completely load up. Do you have other SMW menu items that don't seem to look right? Try going back to the base SageMC STV, shutting down sagetv AND stopping the SageTVService, Then reextract the files, overwriting everything. Then startup the service and sagetv, and import the STVi again.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Sage Icon

I have had problems too. On the server everything works great. On the HD200 the main menu is sluggish. I set in the options to go straight to the wall and avoid the menu and that option doesn’t hold…It always goes straight back to the main menu. At the same time, when I get to the wall the performance is really good. It just seems to be the menu for me/my setup…
Old 06-27-2009, 06:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Well, it appears the latest SMW download fixed my problem of not seeing any of my movies. However, when I click on a movie nothing plays, so not sure what the cause of that could be.
Change the select function but that doesn't factor in from the homepage "recent' those go straight to play. Should work fine I tested again this morning are you sure you are importing on a blank and with sagemc and the server shutdown?
Old 06-27-2009, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Plucky

pluckyhd/ImageDirectory=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\PLuckyhdSMWScreens

pluckyhd/ImageDirectory=C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\PLuckyhdSMWScreens

Gerry
Gerry,

Where are you seeing this? I call getworking directory I believe unless this is the actorimagelocation I may have called it wrong.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I have had problems too. On the server everything works great. On the HD200 the main menu is sluggish. I set in the options to go straight to the wall and avoid the menu and that option doesn’t hold…It always goes straight back to the main menu. At the same time, when I get to the wall the performance is really good. It just seems to be the menu for me/my setup…
Rems,

I will do some more tetsing on my own hd200 this morning.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Just to update I installed on my server today the latest build from last night.

I ran it on my client and both my hd200's without problems even the joker theme loaded and worked fine.

I tried to recreate and problems and everything worked. I have now loaded on over 4 computers and 2 extenders without problems and I know some of my beta testers are not having any problems. Just trying to make you aware it does work and I am not lying or crazy

If you are having issues please make sure you are importing on a Sagemc that does not alread have a movie wall imported on it. Make sure your phoenix jar version is 1.31 or greater and sagemc is pre-release 46

cheers
Old 06-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I just reinstalled SageTV (Latest beta), SageMC (Latest beta) and BMI. Just to confirm, are these still the instructions for installing SMW:

1. Backup your sage folder (This is beta)
2. Make sure you are running the latest beta sagemc version and phoneix api or BMT latest version
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...37&postcount=6

3. Version 6.18RC is required (I believe didn't test below that.)
4. Extract the attached into your Sagetv\sagetv folder
5. Import Sagemoivewallv1.xml from a blank sagemc xml. (will not import over existing) Make sure you are using latest beta of Sage and Sagemc.
6. Import Latest Version of BMI (batched metadata importer) Version 3.0 or above is required!!! Import of the add-in is required before Sagemoviewall if you use addin.
7. Import Sagemoivewallv3-b1.xml from a blank sagemc xml. (will not import over existing) Make sure you are using latest beta of Sage and Sagemc.
8. Go into sagemc screen specific options and point video library to Sage Movie Wall. (If not running latest see 8.a)
8a. Go to Dynamic menu options on your main screen and add pointer to internal screen Sage Movie Wall. (hopefully Maui will get it up soon where you can point to it in options and replace your video libray view)
9. Explore and Have fun!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Plucky

Gerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Gerry,

Where are you seeing this? I call getworking directory I believe unless this is the actorimagelocation I may have called it wrong.
On my PC Client in the sageclient.properties file.

Gerry