SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
OK, I just reinstalled SageTV (Latest beta), SageMC (Latest beta) and BMI. Just to confirm, are these still the instructions for installing SMW:

1. Backup your sage folder (This is beta)
2. Make sure you are running the latest beta sagemc version and phoneix api or BMT latest version
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...37&postcount=6

3. Version 6.18RC is required (I believe didn't test below that.)
4. Extract the attached into your Sagetv\sagetv folder
5. Import Sagemoivewallv1.xml from a blank sagemc xml. (will not import over existing) Make sure you are using latest beta of Sage and Sagemc.
6. Import Latest Version of BMI (batched metadata importer) Version 3.0 or above is required!!! Import of the add-in is required before Sagemoviewall if you use addin.
7. Import Sagemoivewallv3-b1.xml from a blank sagemc xml. (will not import over existing) Make sure you are using latest beta of Sage and Sagemc.
8. Go into sagemc screen specific options and point video library to Sage Movie Wall. (If not running latest see 8.a)
8a. Go to Dynamic menu options on your main screen and add pointer to internal screen Sage Movie Wall. (hopefully Maui will get it up soon where you can point to it in options and replace your video libray view)
9. Explore and Have fun!!!
Should not have to do #5 (I sure didn't). Just install v3 into a SageMC setup that has not had movie wall installed yet.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-27-2009, 11:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Should not have to do #5 (I sure didn't). Just install v3 into a SageMC setup that has not had movie wall installed yet.
Yes that is a little misleading you just have to make sure it is a sagemc wihtout smw already on it any version.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Sage Icon

Alright so as promised i am reporting back:

1) I still have a_45 installed of SageMC so i upgarded to the latest build
2) I did a full redownload, and a clean install. I went in and removed everything SMW related
3) restarted the entire server
4) started from a fresh default stv
5) loaded new SageMC
6) Imported SMW
7) Still was having same problem
8) As suspected animations were the problems. I renabled animations and everything is workgin beautifully.

I haven't been able to test it on the HD200(s) yet, but it works great on the server.

Plucky - if you want to see the issues i was having simple go in an disable ALL Sage animations core animations, everything. SMW will exhibit some strange behavior.

~Mike
Old 06-27-2009, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
On my PC Client in the sageclient.properties file.

Gerry
Gerry,

So I am assuming this is for the propety of

pluckyhd/Image directory?

If so that calls getworking directroy and then the stvs so on and so fourth so it should work regardless of the location of the install. Is this a 64 bit version of OS you are running and it didn't get set right?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Alright so as promised i am reporting back:

1) I still have a_45 installed of SageMC so i upgarded to the latest build
2) I did a full redownload, and a clean install. I went in and removed everything SMW related
3) restarted the entire server
4) started from a fresh default stv
5) loaded new SageMC
6) Imported SMW
7) Still was having same problem
8) As suspected animations were the problems. I renabled animations and everything is workgin beautifully.

I haven't been able to test it on the HD200(s) yet, but it works great on the server.

Plucky - if you want to see the issues i was having simple go in an disable ALL Sage animations core animations, everything. SMW will exhibit some strange behavior.

~Mike
Mike you are the second person to point that out. I am guessing that property ignores the cache focus level and all. I will add that to the requirements glad it is working for you.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Gerry,

So I am assuming this is for the propety of

pluckyhd/Image directory?

If so that calls getworking directroy and then the stvs so on and so fourth so it should work regardless of the location of the install. Is this a 64 bit version of OS you are running and it didn't get set right?
Correct. Both Vista 64 bit and Windows 7 RC 64bit.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

I don't see this option for below, the only options for Dynamic Menu Options are "Enable" and "Disable"

Quote:
8a. Go to Dynamic menu options on your main screen and add pointer to internal screen Sage Movie Wall. (hopefully Maui will get it up soon where you can point to it in options and replace your video libray view)

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

Plucky -

After testing on the Hd200, which have no imports on them other than SMW and SAGEMC of course, as well as animations turned on, I am unable to get an acceptable user experience...

The trasition from one item to another on the wall is roughly 7 - 10 seconds. with animations turned off its instant.

I currently have my heap size set to 768MB...
Old 06-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I redid everything and still get the same issue, click on movie, nothing...

I just tried putting AMIS back and when I go to my videos nothing shows now, so no clue what is going on. BMI also doesn't appear to be doing anything anymore either.

I appreciate all the help everyone has been. From the looks of it you put together a great program PluckyHD. My frustration with SageTV is at an all time high right now, so may be time for me to scrap it and move on...

Old 06-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
ya i noticed this too when helping plucky debug some speed issues early on. I think it comes from how studio layers all of the items it displays when animations are disabled... The programmer needs to be very anal making sure that the UI will display everything in the correct order because with animations off studio does not respect the animation layers settings=. That being said just turn on the animations... on my system it doesnt seem to slow it down too much
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 06-27-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well, I redid everything and still get the same issue, click on movie, nothing...
did you try play when the movie is highlighted in the wall? play should definitely play the movie. i think there may be a bug in the logic for select... one of the earlier betas had this issue, and i havent had a chance yet to try the latest to see if it is fixed yet?
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 06-27-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
did you try play when the movie is highlighted in the wall? play should definitely play the movie. i think there may be a bug in the logic for select... one of the earlier betas had this issue, and i havent had a chance yet to try the latest to see if it is fixed yet?
I don't see a bug at all? All of my select functions work. I will look at it closer.

check your properties file for "pluckyhd/SMWSelect = "

what does it say after =
Old 06-27-2009, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Correct. Both Vista 64 bit and Windows 7 RC 64bit.

Gerry
So did it not set the property right? It should have I am confused why it wouldn't could you try deleteing that property and going back into wall and see if it gets reset right.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I just tried putting AMIS back and when I go to my videos nothing shows now, so no clue what is going on. BMI also doesn't appear to be doing anything anymore either.

I appreciate all the help everyone has been. From the looks of it you put together a great program PluckyHD. My frustration with SageTV is at an all time high right now, so may be time for me to scrap it and move on...
Do you have your librarys mapped right?

Are you mapping "Sage Movie Wall" to your menu and not "Sage Movie Wall Main" or "Sage Movie Wall HomeScreen". You have to make sure you are mapping it to "Sage Movie Wall"

The only time I have seen nothing show is when it is imported incorrectly.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't see this option for below, the only options for Dynamic Menu Options are "Enable" and "Disable"
Just go to sagemc and go to screen specific options and change Video library / Custom Video Library Screen to "Sage Movie Wall" if you don't know how to work the dynamic menus
Old 06-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I don't see a bug at all? All of my select functions work. I will look at it closer.

check your properties file for "pluckyhd/SMWSelect = "

what does it say after =
i spoke too soon. Just installed the latest... select/play works as it should
btw i really like the new themes home page looking awesome.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Do you have your librarys mapped right?

Are you mapping "Sage Movie Wall" to your menu and not "Sage Movie Wall Main" or "Sage Movie Wall HomeScreen". You have to make sure you are mapping it to "Sage Movie Wall"

The only time I have seen nothing show is when it is imported incorrectly.
Yeah, Sage Movie Wall was selected. Everything is mapped correctly as well. On the Movie Wall all my movies show but the screen is black, if I move the cursor around the movies show up but then dissappear. Also, pressing select or enter does nothing, so nothing plays. I am out of ideas, but it seems that others here have it working correctly so I don't want to waste anyones time. I may take one more crack at it with another clean install, but if I can't get this working then I may just have forget about this. Appreciate the time PluckyHD.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Sage Icon

I can’t speak for being unable to see any cover images… One thing I might add is to double check that all your fanart settings are enabled after the fresh install. Also check to be sure that your central fanart directory is correct in paths and BMI…

There is an option to set the action of the select key in SMW. I think default is info. Set this to Play. Then at least it will launch the movie.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I can’t speak for being unable to see any cover images… One thing I might add is to double check that all your fanart settings are enabled after the fresh install. Also check to be sure that your central fanart directory is correct in paths and BMI…

There is an option to set the action of the select key in SMW. I think default is info. Set this to Play. Then at least it will launch the movie.
I set the select key to Play but nothing. I am going to do one more clean install, try to document every step

Old 06-27-2009, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

dbone if you would like to send me in a pm the xml file you are using I would be more than happy to look at it for you.

Also are your core animations on in the sagetv setup? (sagetv part not sagemc?)