SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
dbone if you would like to send me in a pm the xml file you are using I would be more than happy to look at it for you.

Also are your core animations on in the sagetv setup? (sagetv part not sagemc?)
Thanks. I am doing a clean install now. Let me make sure BMI installs correctly first (the first time I installed BMI was when I was trying to install your SMW, so maybe that is the culprit?)

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-27-2009, 06:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So did it not set the property right? It should have I am confused why it wouldn't could you try deleteing that property and going back into wall and see if it gets reset right.
Using your latest SMW 1.04. I deleted the line and restarted SageTV. On Windows 7 64 bit here is what I get:

Quote:
pluckyhd/ImageDirectory=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\PLuckyhdSMWScreens

I have to re-edit it manually to correct for the C\:\\Program Files (x86).
Maybe it's a Windows 7 specific problem. I'll habve to check on my Vista machine.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Using your latest SMW 1.04. I deleted the line and restarted SageTV. On Windows 7 64 bit here is what I get:

I have to re-edit it manually to correct for the C\:\\Program Files (x86).

Gerry
Okay I will look at changing that call there is another api call I can use. May send you a test stvi thanks for finding that I don't run 64 bit so I would have never known.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Thanks. I am doing a clean install now. Let me make sure BMI installs correctly first (the first time I installed BMI was when I was trying to install your SMW, so maybe that is the culprit?)
You really don't have to get BMt working (but it is best to before) but you do need it extracted and sagemc needs to show phoenix_api of 1.31 or higher.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Plucky

It looks like you're hardcoding this path:
pluckyhd/ImageDirectory=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\PLuckyhdSMWScreens

Just so you know. Any 64bit users need this path:
pluckyhd/ImageDirectory=C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\PLuckyhdSMWScreens
Gerry
This is interesting. I'm running Vista64 on my client and didn't notice any ill effects. Checking this property I have the same value on mine, adding the x86 to the path and I don't see a difference. What exactly does this property do?
Old 06-27-2009, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Uses it to load some images like rating images and the such if you are seeing those don't worry about it but would like to know either way
Old 06-27-2009, 08:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Plucky -

After testing on the Hd200, which have no imports on them other than SMW and SAGEMC of course, as well as animations turned on, I am unable to get an acceptable user experience...

The trasition from one item to another on the wall is roughly 7 - 10 seconds. with animations turned off its instant.

I currently have my heap size set to 768MB...
just saw this did you have any luck I run two hd200 without problems

I know allot of the beta testers ran it as well there should not be any delay when changing movies

Make sure scaling is off for posters and try again
Old 06-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Sage Icon

Hey plucky - looks promising, but I can't seem to get the wall view working. It's the one I've liked from the previous versions.

The home screen, as shown in my attachment, seems to work fine. However, as soon as I click the "movie wall" button, all I get is a black screen with some unuseful information at the bottom.

Anything obviously that I should try?

thanks
matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smw home screen.JPG (111.2 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg smw movie wall.JPG (33.8 KB, 214 views)
Old 06-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Sage Icon

Plucky,

I have not had much luck getting it to run on either of my hd200. scaling is turned off and when i turn on animations the performance is so slugish i can't hardly use it. not sure what else to try on this one.

i have latest sage RC server

beta firmware installed on both hd200

latest sagemc
latest BMT

No other plugins besides yours at the moment.

I have a NAS which has all my movies. The FANART is stored locally on the sage server. NAS is connected via gigabit to the server which at the moment is 100MB...hd200's of course are 100MB

I have my video network isolated from the rest of my network just to keep performance up. I have roughly 340 or so DVD's in uncompressed VIDEO_TS folders

Heap size is actually 800MB not 768....

Not sure what other info would be useful for you...let me know though and ill provide it.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
Hey plucky - looks promising, but I can't seem to get the wall view working. It's the one I've liked from the previous versions.

The home screen, as shown in my attachment, seems to work fine. However, as soon as I click the "movie wall" button, all I get is a black screen with some unuseful information at the bottom.

thanks
matt
Hey Matt,
Plucky may have a better answer for you, but in the meantime, make sure you don't have filter applied that yields no results. I believe if you select "Clear" from the home screen it should eliminate any filters. See if that does anything for you.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Uses it to load some images like rating images and the such if you are seeing those don't worry about it but would like to know either way
I'm definitely seeing the star ratings, but the only MPAA rating that shows up for any of my movies is "NRA". Not a big deal for me, but in case you wanted to know.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, well just did a clean reinstall of SageTV, running the latest betas for SageTVm SageMC, and BMI. Fanart/animations is working as well with BMI. Before I bring in SMW I just want to confirm a few things to be on the safe side:

Quote:
5. Import Latest Version of BMI (batched metadata importer) Version 3.0 or above is required!!!
I already did the install of BMI. Are you talking about now under "Import STVi" importing "MetadataFanartTools-SageMC.xml", or since I already have BMI set up there is nothing else to do?

Quote:
7. Import Sagemoivewallv3-b1.xml from a blank sagemc xml. (will not import over existing) Make sure you are using latest beta of Sage and Sagemc.
Not sure what you mean by blank sagemc xml? I have not installed SMW yet, is that what you mean by blank sagemc xml? If so then I would just Import STVi for SageMovieWallv3R1.04.xml.

Sorry if these seems like stupid questions, just trying to play it safe here...

Old 06-28-2009, 06:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Hey Matt,
Plucky may have a better answer for you, but in the meantime, make sure you don't have filter applied that yields no results. I believe if you select "Clear" from the home screen it should eliminate any filters. See if that does anything for you.
Thanks. I tried that, and still get the blank screen. I can view the options by right-clicking, so the screen seems to be working otherwise. It's just not putting up the posters.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post

thanks
matt
Matt what screen are you mapping in sagemc setup or dynamic menus?

The only time I have seen this is when I was mapped to the wrong screen or I imported over an existing. Also did you delete all your previous properties files?
Old 06-28-2009, 06:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Plucky,

I have not had much luck getting it to run on either of my hd200. scaling is turned off and when i turn on animations the performance is so slugish i can't hardly use it. not sure what else to try on this one.

i have latest sage RC server

beta firmware installed on both hd200

latest sagemc
latest BMT

No other plugins besides yours at the moment.

I have a NAS which has all my movies. The FANART is stored locally on the sage server. NAS is connected via gigabit to the server which at the moment is 100MB...hd200's of course are 100MB

I have my video network isolated from the rest of my network just to keep performance up. I have roughly 340 or so DVD's in uncompressed VIDEO_TS folders

Heap size is actually 800MB not 768....

Not sure what other info would be useful for you...let me know though and ill provide it.
That is weird because it is my understanding the ui for the extender it drawn on the server. You said the fanart is a local path on the server correct?

Is just the homescreen slow ot the wall as well?
Old 06-28-2009, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
OK, well just did a clean reinstall of SageTV, running the latest betas for SageTVm SageMC, and BMI. Fanart/animations is working as well with BMI. Before I bring in SMW I just want to confirm a few things to be on the safe side:

I already did the install of BMI. Are you talking about now under "Import STVi" importing "MetadataFanartTools-SageMC.xml", or since I already have BMI set up there is nothing else to do?

Not sure what you mean by blank sagemc xml? I have not installed SMW yet, is that what you mean by blank sagemc xml? If so then I would just Import STVi for SageMovieWallv3R1.04.xml.

Sorry if these seems like stupid questions, just trying to play it safe here...
BMT import is only required before if you want to be able to search/lookup fanart within the wall itself.

By blank I just mean no pre existing SMW on that xml.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
I'm definitely seeing the star ratings, but the only MPAA rating that shows up for any of my movies is "NRA". Not a big deal for me, but in case you wanted to know.
My 2 cents would be on you use themoviedb to get your metadata. There was a problem with BMT (don't know if it is fixed in v3 or not) where themoviedb would not import the ratings correctly. IMDB does not have this issues. If you are seeing NRA it just means there is no rating in your properties for that movie.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Matt what screen are you mapping in sagemc setup or dynamic menus?

The only time I have seen this is when I was mapped to the wrong screen or I imported over an existing. Also did you delete all your previous properties files?
I linked to the "Sage Movie Wall". Again, the main/home screen seems to come up fine. it's just that when I click on the wall from the home screen, it goes to the black.

I deleted out all the plucky properties (unless I missed one, guess I could repeat it again) and installed the newest SageMC and then SMW. that's it. Didn't install over anything else.

thanks
matt
Old 06-28-2009, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Matt feel free to pm me your XML and I will take a look
Old 06-28-2009, 07:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

What is that saying, 8th times a charm??? Although I did nothing different then in the past I am happy to report that SMW is now working!!! Movies play when I select, art is showing up. Now time to follow #10 of your instructions and explore!