SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
What is that saying, 8th times a charm??? Although I did nothing different then in the past I am happy to report that SMW is now working!!! Movies play when I select, art is showing up. Now time to follow #10 of your instructions and explore!
Glad to hear!!! I am guessin you were having some BMT issues?
Old 06-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Glad to hear!!! I am guessin you were having some BMT issues?
That is my guess. Unfortunately I installed BMI at the same time as SMW, so it was hard to pinpoint where the problem. Just needed to take a deep breath, sleep it off, and try again in the morning!!! I will test it out a little more before I move over to my server for my HD200.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What is that saying, 8th times a charm??? Although I did nothing different then in the past I am happy to report that SMW is now working!!! Movies play when I select, art is showing up. Now time to follow #10 of your instructions and explore!
and dont forget to make a backup of that stv file (or better yet the whole sage program folder) so you can get back to a working state in case something screws up in the future
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-28-2009, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
Hey plucky - looks promising, but I can't seem to get the wall view working. It's the one I've liked from the previous versions.

The home screen, as shown in my attachment, seems to work fine. However, as soon as I click the "movie wall" button, all I get is a black screen with some unuseful information at the bottom.

Anything obviously that I should try?

thanks
matt
Matt since you can go into options how about turning of loading of the homescreen first and see if you get anything on the wall if you bypass the homescreen.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Matt since you can go into options how about turning of loading of the homescreen first and see if you get anything on the wall if you bypass the homescreen.
Turns out that a net stop / net start of sage did the trick. I wonder if there was a jar that wasn't picked up or something.

Anyway, seems to work great now. Thanks again.
Matt
Old 06-28-2009, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
Turns out that a net stop / net start of sage did the trick. I wonder if there was a jar that wasn't picked up or something.

Anyway, seems to work great now. Thanks again.
Matt
matt great to hear!! I think that might be some problems is people are forgetting to stop the service when extracting the zip

How is it running on your hd200 and hd100 it runs great on both my hd200
Old 06-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

Plucky,

could you share your settings for the HD200?

I would like to mimic your settings to see if it helps with performance. I had to disable the your plugin on both of my hd200's cause the performance was so bad, but i REALLLLLLLY want to get it working. Its an awesome addition and both my wife and i really like it

~Mike
Old 06-29-2009, 04:59 AM
Sage User

Media Icons

Plucky

I installed SMW for the first time yesterday, first impressions are great!!

Quick question. Are the Media Icons hard coded? Most of my collection is in Matroska format and nothing shows up. My older collection which is encoded as Xvids do.

Again, Great Work!!! Thanks!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 05:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

PluckyHD - thought I would document my experience setting up SMW, so put together a quick post on my blog:

http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...-released.html

I haven't moved it over to my server yet to run on my HD200, but hope to do that soon.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
PluckyHD - thought I would document my experience setting up SMW, so put together a quick post on my blog:

http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...-released.html

I haven't moved it over to my server yet to run on my HD200, but hope to do that soon.
Nice write up

ouch actors

Don't know why the actor image isn't fitting right. I still need to clean that screen up some.

A couple of notes you know you can use file-system to group those tv episodes together? (as long as they are in the same folder)

Also wanted to make sure you know about perspectives (in the universal options)
coverflow
Old 06-29-2009, 06:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgreenle View Post
Plucky

I installed SMW for the first time yesterday, first impressions are great!!

Quick question. Are the Media Icons hard coded? Most of my collection is in Matroska format and nothing shows up. My older collection which is encoded as Xvids do.

Again, Great Work!!! Thanks!!!

Yes those are coded in for now. I didn't get around to adding all the logos I want in the app yet I will release a update that has logos (hd,xvid) suff like that.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Plucky,

could you share your settings for the HD200?

I would like to mimic your settings to see if it helps with performance. I had to disable the your plugin on both of my hd200's cause the performance was so bad, but i REALLLLLLLY want to get it working. Its an awesome addition and both my wife and i really like it

~Mike
I really don't know what settings could help you. I am running on a gb network connection (I realize the hd200 is only 100mb) but when you are running two of them and streaming large files there a huge advantage.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Wanted everyone to know if you don't want to install the latest betas of everything you still can run SageMovieWall just like in the past.

Before loading add this property to your properties file

"pluckyhd/SMWHomePage = false"

That will skip loading the homepage as that is where the new phoenix api is required. Also DO NOT USE COVERFLOW view as it is required there as well, but list view and wall view are still up to use without problems.

I will add this to the installation instructions as well.

Would be interested to hear back from someone doing this and what version of sagemc,phoenix,and sage you are running.

Cheers

pluckyhd
Old 06-29-2009, 06:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Nice write up

ouch actors

Don't know why the actor image isn't fitting right. I still need to clean that screen up some.

A couple of notes you know you can use file-system to group those tv episodes together? (as long as they are in the same folder)

Also wanted to make sure you know about perspectives (in the universal options)
coverflow
Yeah, unfortunately BMT stopped working on me yesterday, most of my collection didn't pull in metadata (only scattered tv show episodes and Horton Hears A Who???, the reason why those are the only ones that show...), so I was trying to figure out the best way to get some screenshots without making it look like there were a lot broken links/images (which is not the fault of SMW). I was able to get the reindex on BMT working this morning, so hopefully when I get home from work today I should have full metadata and can clean up some of the screenshots, as well as play around with some of the other setting (such as file-system, etc...). Overall SMW looks great and a much refreshing change for SageTV.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Sage Icon

Fair enough...the way i have everything set up now is

server 100Mbps
hd 200 100 Mbps
FreeNAS -- 1Gbps

All connected to a gigabit switch.

I will try the following 2 things and let you konw how they go.

1) Move a subset of my movie collection off of freenas and onto the server. I will then remove my import folder (nas) and only have the newly created movies folder on the server as my video import. This way i can try an eliminate the freenas as the issue
2) drop a gigabit card into my server (been meaning to do this just haven't had time)

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately BMT stopped working on me yesterday, most of my collection didn't pull in metadata (only scattered tv show episodes and Horton Hears A Who???, the reason why those are the only ones that show...), so I was trying to figure out the best way to get some screenshots without making it look like there were a lot broken links/images (which is not the fault of SMW). I was able to get the reindex on BMT working this morning, so hopefully when I get home from work today I should have full metadata and can clean up some of the screenshots, as well as play around with some of the other setting (such as file-system, etc...). Overall SMW looks great and a much refreshing change for SageTV.
Thanks also your list view doesn't look right you should have the grey highlighter over the selected?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thanks also your list view doesn't look right you should have the grey highlighter over the selected?
Because I was missing a lot of metadata I had to be careful moving around the mouse to get screenshots (using snipit). I think the grey highlighter would show over the selected but because I was switching backing and forth with Snipit and trying not to move the mouse (so not to select a movie that had no metadata) that is the reason.

I just remoted in to my pc at home, BMI is still running a full index with about 80% of my metadata now populated, so I should be able to get some new shots up later today.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, when I was having problems with SMW jargon would show up in the different options. For instance, if I clicked on View/Filter the options would appear something like "GH87G-GTJWV-GKG54-564RF" instead of "Search", etc.... Same went for Video Options, OSD Options, etc... Since I had never used SMW before I just assumed maybe this was something that had not been completed, until when I got SMW working I actually saw logical words showing.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, when I was having problems with SMW jargon would show up in the different options. For instance, if I clicked on View/Filter the options would appear something like "GH87G-GTJWV-GKG54-564RF" instead of "Search", etc.... Same went for Video Options, OSD Options, etc... Since I had never used SMW before I just assumed maybe this was something that had not been completed, until when I got SMW working I actually saw logical words showing.

That is due to a jar not being loaded (you were either running the service still when you originally extracted or the jar didn't get loaded.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That is due to a jar not being loaded (you were either running the service still when you originally extracted or the jar didn't get loaded.
It was just not meant to be my day on Saturday, I probably would have found a way to mess up Notepad if I had used it!!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Sage Icon

Alright,

So i upgraded my server NIC to a Gbps card. and here is what i got

I can now use the SMW Home Screen (except for joker) relatively smoothly. I had to ONLY turn the core animations on..nothing else.

The Wall view is so sluggish i cannot use it. it is roughly 10 - 12 seconds to load between key presses, even once the page is loaded and i key press over every item on the screen, It is still 10 - 12 seconds.

In Filmstrip view things are MUCH better. When using the arrows to navigate this view seems to load an entire strip at the bottom (9 movies i think) in exactly 4 seconds. Navigating over each item on the screen takes 2 seconds (which is to long) the first time loading. When navigating back over a poster that was previously loaded the screen load instantly.

I read somewhere that if I still have some folders with .png and .jpg folder images inside of the VIDEo_TS that may cause performance issues...I removed all of these however there were very few left over.

Any ideas on what to do to improve the performance of the wall view? This view is def. the one my wife and i like the best as it is the most functional for looking at at large movie collection.

Just a thought, but how do you all have your fanart, and movies setup? I have mine setup such that ALL fanart is on the sage server, while movies are on the NAS. Could this be potentially causing UI lags in the SMW?

~Mike