SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
So for the pathfilter expressions - since I am using UNC paths is this how I callout the path?

\\\\Tower\\Offline\\HomeVideos
Yes that is what your path would be... Can you post the snippet of your sagemc_menu.xml that enters SMW so we can look at it?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-02-2009, 07:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
So for the pathfilter expressions - since I am using UNC paths is this how I callout the path?

\\\\Tower\\Offline\\HomeVideos

I am testing the pathfilters and I must be doing something wrong as I get the new menu item on the homepage but when I click on it - I still get all of the videos. Would this happen because I did not change my regular video menu item yet? I just tried adding home videos to test the pathfilters.

Thanks,

Dan
Post your entire menu xml and I will look at it for you.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Sage Icon

Plucky -

I have my poster art being scaled, and backgrounds scaled to 25%. Can you tlel me the dimensions that fanart/poster art are scaled to when using your movie wall?

Reason i am asking is i am seeing a significant decrease in speed when using context sensitive fanart everywhere else EXCEPT your wall...i think this is due to the fact that my tv fanart/posters/banners i have gotten through BMT, and as you stated a while ago you didn't know if stuckless had it scaling or not...

Thanks!

Mike
Old 07-02-2009, 07:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Plucky -

I have my poster art being scaled, and backgrounds scaled to 25%. Can you tlel me the dimensions that fanart/poster art are scaled to when using your movie wall?

Reason i am asking is i am seeing a significant decrease in speed when using context sensitive fanart everywhere else EXCEPT your wall...i think this is due to the fact that my tv fanart/posters/banners i have gotten through BMT, and as you stated a while ago you didn't know if stuckless had it scaling or not...

Thanks!

Mike
I believe Stuckless does scale the posters when downloading by default now in BMT but I could be wrong.

That being said the backgrounds are scaled to your ui setting in the smw scaling menu (1080p,720p etc) then the smaller ones are a percentage of that.
The posters are scaled to width 200 height is scaled in poportion to that.

Also realize when you scale all items you are scaling all duplicate backgrounds and all so nothing is done on the fly when in the app that helps speed tremidously.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks guys for all the help I finally got SMW up and running. are there any special tips for getting Album art to come up. I installed BMT. Im not getting alot of album art. Also when i load SMW doeas it always stay on the main screen menu or do I have to add it everytime? Thanks agian.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstretch View Post
Thanks guys for all the help I finally got SMW up and running. are there any special tips for getting Album art to come up. I installed BMT. Im not getting alot of album art. Also when i load SMW doeas it always stay on the main screen menu or do I have to add it everytime? Thanks agian.
By album are do you mean posters for your movies? Did you do a full library rescan and setup all your fanart folders when you install bmt?

I am not understaning your question about the menu screen.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
By album are do you mean posters for your movies? Did you do a full library rescan and setup all your fanart folders when you install bmt?

I am not understaning your question about the menu screen.
Yes I mean posters. I did not do a library scan or setup fanart. How would I go about that. I mean the home screen of SageMC it has videos. music, main menu, this is where I select to run SMW. When I would run iMovies I would always have to redo the settings so it would appear on the sageMC homescreen. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Sage Icon

Plucky -

Sorry if this was already asked and answered, but i was hoping there was a way to change the defaul view/filter.

Everytime i leave the SMW HomeScreen and go into the Wall, it defaults to ALL_VIDEOS. I want it to default to FILESYSTEM

Is there a way to do this?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Everytime i leave the SMW HomeScreen and go into the Wall, it defaults to ALL_VIDEOS. I want it to default to FILESYSTEM

Is there a way to do this?
it follows the sagemc setting. Go into the default sagemc video library change the view filter to filesystem, then go back to SMW.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes I mean posters. I did not do a library scan or setup fanart. How would I go about that. I mean the home screen of SageMC it has videos. music, main menu, this is where I select to run SMW. When I would run iMovies I would always have to redo the settings so it would appear on the sageMC homescreen. Thanks.
Do you mean that you installed the STVi for SMW and proceeded to make a menu item on your main menu with dynamic menus? If you did this and used dynamic menus to add an internal screen you must save your nearly customized main menu. Otherwise, every time you close out of Sage it will disappear and you will have to reload that internal screen. In dynamic menus there is a category for FILE and under that tab there’s an option to save your menu. Anytime you make adjustments with the GUI of dynamic menus you must save it. The alternative is to open the .XML file in notepad and make your adjustments, much harder to do…, although in some cases it’s your only option
Old 07-02-2009, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
it follows the sagemc setting. Go into the default sagemc video library change the view filter to filesystem, then go back to SMW.
This is not correct it use to.

You can change the default you just have to change it within the wall options.

The homepage sets no defaults it is meant for quick filtering does not change any defaults those are changed from the wall itself.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Do you mean that you installed the STVi for SMW and proceeded to make a menu item on your main menu with dynamic menus? If you did this and used dynamic menus to add an internal screen you must save your nearly customized main menu. Otherwise, every time you close out of Sage it will disappear and you will have to reload that internal screen. In dynamic menus there is a category for FILE and under that tab there’s an option to save your menu. Anytime you make adjustments with the GUI of dynamic menus you must save it. The alternative is to open the .XML file in notepad and make your adjustments, much harder to do…, although in some cases it’s your only option
Another alternative is to just go to sagemc options and point video library view to sage movie wall
Old 07-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Another alternative is to just go to sagemc options and point video library view to sage movie wall
Yeah, but I like/prefer to keep SMW its own entity because I still use the SageMC video library too. This way I have both operating concurrently and can go between the two.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Sage Icon

plucky -

everytime i change it within the wall options, it is reset aftrer leaving the wall and then returning.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
plucky -

everytime i change it within the wall options, it is reset aftrer leaving the wall and then returning.
Are you doing this from within the wall itself (not the wall options on the homepage)
Old 07-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

yes i do it inside of the wall...not from the home page
Old 07-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Yes, and I did save file but it always disappears when I restart sage. Should I de a save file as instead maybe?. Also I installed BMT and am am not getting alot of movie poster(dvd cases, cover art) for my movies. Do I need to install say Massive fanart pack? or do i need to do this manually? Thanks so much wrems you've been a great help!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
yes i do it inside of the wall...not from the home page
Pix,

Congrats you found your first bug I forgot to set the properties there that is an easy fix for now you can edit your properties file

pluckhd/SMWViewStyle = FILE-SYSTEM

cheers
Old 07-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

Sweet!...i guess :-)

I also have a weird issue going on that maybe you can point me in the right direction to fix.

After leaving the home page and going to the wall it USUALLY shows up a blank black screen with no info...i have to hit the back/exit remote key in order to get out of whatever screen the wall is in..this will take me to the actual wall of movies...

any ideas?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, and I did save file but it always disappears when I restart sage. Should I de a save file as instead maybe?. Also I installed BMT and am am not getting alot of movie poster(dvd cases, cover art) for my movies. Do I need to install say Massive fanart pack? or do i need to do this manually? Thanks so much wrems you've been a great help!
I don’t have a good answer for why your customized saved menu file is not sticking… It sounds like you’re doing it correctly; I personally never had a problem with the menu’s not sticking.

As for BMI, I use it as manual one-off requests as I add new movies to my collection. This is few and far between so it’s not a big deal. For some reason I could never get my BMI to automagically collect my fanart… I also haven’t spent that much time working on it either. I suppose one day I’ll read through the BMI thread and sort out how to get it to work correctly. This doesn’t help you one bit…

Can you use BMI to issue one-off requests? In this capacity is the fanart downloading and displaying properly in SMW and or, in the default SageMC video library?