SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Sweet!...i guess :-)

I also have a weird issue going on that maybe you can point me in the right direction to fix.

After leaving the home page and going to the wall it USUALLY shows up a blank black screen with no info...i have to hit the back/exit remote key in order to get out of whatever screen the wall is in..this will take me to the actual wall of movies...

any ideas?
TRY CLEARING YOUR FILTERS.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

As a test, use the bat file from razrsharpe here on a couple of movies to test out fanart in SMW. I used this bat successfully to pull in fanart from some of my HD movies.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 07-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
This is not correct it use to.
woops, my bad sorry for the misinformation
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Wow, That's not how i meant that to be read at all... In absolutely no way was i stating you were forbidden from utilizing someones code. As Andy clearly pointed out (and i already knew) everything in the stv is open and freely modifiable by anyone who wants to open up studio and dig in.
So sorry for the misunderstanding and for how quickly I jumped on the offensive. I can now see what you meant. After I read through all your great contributions to the community I was really surprised to see that sentiment - I guess that's why I reacted the way I did.

Again - so sorry.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless View Post
Again - so sorry.
Thanks for the apology, and no worries, no offense taken.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

PluckyHD,

I may not need to post my xml file as you recommended earlier as I think I have it working. One quick question - How does the movie wall cache posters. I moved a couple of movies as a test to my kids folder and when I rescan the library they show up in the pathfilter Kids Movies menu item, however the posters still show up in my original main movie folder. When I click on the posters in the original folder nothing happens so I assume it is stuck in cache - how do I force this to refresh - I tried rescanning the library while in this menu and nothing happens.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 07-02-2009, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
PluckyHD,

I may not need to post my xml file as you recommended earlier as I think I have it working. One quick question - How does the movie wall cache posters. I moved a couple of movies as a test to my kids folder and when I rescan the library they show up in the pathfilter Kids Movies menu item, however the posters still show up in my original main movie folder. When I click on the posters in the original folder nothing happens so I assume it is stuck in cache - how do I force this to refresh - I tried rescanning the library while in this menu and nothing happens.

Thanks,

Dan
You lost me there I am not fully understanding what you are saying the posters are showing up where?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Plucky to start I had Sage Movie Wall configured to read all my movies in \\Tower\offline\Offline.

Using your suggestion I created two more paths on my NAS
\\Tower\offline\KidsDVD and \\Tower\offline\HomeMovies

I then changed my menu.xml file to add menu items for these three directories with pathfilters.

Using windows explorer I copied one kids movie from \\Tower\offline\Offline t
\\Tower\offline\KidsDVD. I rescaned the library and the one movie (102 Dalmations) showed up in Sage Movie Wall under the KidsDVD menu (as you would expect). When I go to the original Movies menu item which now has a pathfilter to \\Tower\offline\Offline the 102 Dalmations poster image is still there even though the movie is no longer in this path. When I try to click on this poster nothing happens - its almost like the image is stuck in some sort of cache. I tried a library rescan and it does not disappear.

Does this make more sense?

Dan
Old 07-02-2009, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
Plucky to start I had Sage Movie Wall configured to read all my movies in \\Tower\offline\Offline.

Using your suggestion I created two more paths on my NAS
\\Tower\offline\KidsDVD and \\Tower\offline\HomeMovies

I then changed my menu.xml file to add menu items for these three directories with pathfilters.

Using windows explorer I copied one kids movie from \\Tower\offline\Offline t
\\Tower\offline\KidsDVD. I rescaned the library and the one movie (102 Dalmations) showed up in Sage Movie Wall under the KidsDVD menu (as you would expect). When I go to the original Movies menu item which now has a pathfilter to \\Tower\offline\Offline the 102 Dalmations poster image is still there even though the movie is no longer in this path. When I try to click on this poster nothing happens - its almost like the image is stuck in some sort of cache. I tried a library rescan and it does not disappear.

Does this make more sense?

Dan
Doesn't the movie exist in both pathfilter locations? There really can't be a picture without a folder. Did you keep the folder in the original location?
Old 07-03-2009, 04:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

PluckyHD,

No the folder does not exist in both locations as I moved the folder as opposed to copying the folder. Here is what I am working on now - I am moving everything out of the original movie folder and it appears to be working. I created a new folder called \\Tower\offline\DVD for the non kid movies and am moving them from \\Tower\offline\Offline. I used a pathfilter expression to make my original movie menu item point to the new path of \\Tower\offline\DVD. Now all three of my menu items are new and point to a new directory.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

glad to hear you figured it out.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I don’t have a good answer for why your customized saved menu file is not sticking… It sounds like you’re doing it correctly; I personally never had a problem with the menu’s not sticking.

As for BMI, I use it as manual one-off requests as I add new movies to my collection. This is few and far between so it’s not a big deal. For some reason I could never get my BMI to automagically collect my fanart… I also haven’t spent that much time working on it either. I suppose one day I’ll read through the BMI thread and sort out how to get it to work correctly. This doesn’t help you one bit…

Can you use BMI to issue one-off requests? In this capacity is the fanart downloading and displaying properly in SMW and or, in the default SageMC video library?
Ok it seems that I cant make changes to SageMC on my PC I have to make the changes to SageMC from my HD200. Also I have the fanart satrting to work. I just keep having it search for DVD profiler info and it keeps picking up new art. Now for the SMW to stick to the dynamic menu you said I would have to open SageMCMenu.XML and change video library view from My Videos to Sage Movie Wall? Also would that replace My Videos or just add SMW to the Menu? Thanks

Also is it just me or does the extender seem to work faster(snappier) as an extender with SageMC and SMW than it does as a standalone?

Last edited by mkstretch; 07-03-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstretch View Post
Ok it seems that I cant make changes to SageMC on my PC I have to make the changes to SageMC from my HD200. Also I have the fanart satrting to work. I just keep having it search for DVD profiler info and it keeps picking up new art. Now for the SMW to stick to the dynamic menu you said I would have to open SageMCMenu.XML and change video library view from My Videos to Sage Movie Wall? Also would that replace My Videos or just add SMW to the Menu? Thanks

Also is it just me or does the extender seem to work faster(snappier) as an extender with SageMC and SMW than it does as a standalone?
The speed all depends on the server/pc. I don't know what you mean by you can't cahange settings on the pc?? That doesn't make any sense to me.

But if your pc is older the extender could be faster yes. The extender is definately faster in smw than the clients
Old 07-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

You’re right, if you import say SMW on your server (PC) it will not automatically be reflected on your HD200. The changes/plugins/add-ons you want to have viewable on your HD200 must be imported there. This gives you control over having different plug-in sets, UI themes, etc per user access terminal… So if you had several HD200’s each could have completely different setups.

So, you would unzip any import at the server and then go to the HD200 client and do your STVi imports. The server should be kept as dedicated recording/storage/streaming device. Make sure you shutdown Sage and the service before unpacking imports into your Programs files directory for Sage.

You have 2 options that I know of for displaying SMW. You can replace your current SageMC video library link (MY VIDEOS default), or you can add another separate link to SMW naming it whatever you wish. I prefer the second option.

To do the first option of replacing your current default SageMC video library with SMW:
- My Menu
- Settings
- SageMC Setup
- Main
- Screen Specific Options
- Video Library
- Custom Video Library Screen
- Scroll down to Sage Movie Wall Home Page – select it

To do the second option of keeping 2 separate video libraries from the main menu:
-click options or press ESC (on server)
- Main Menu Options
- New…
- New Internal Screen
- Give it a name like SMW or whatever you like
- File…
- Save Menu File
Old 07-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
You’re right, if you import say SMW on your server (PC) it will not automatically be reflected on your HD200. The changes/plugins/add-ons you want to have viewable on your HD200 must be imported there. This gives you control over having different plug-in sets, UI themes, etc per user access terminal… So if you had several HD200’s each could have completely different setups.

So, you would unzip any import at the server and then go to the HD200 client and do your STVi imports. The server should be kept as dedicated recording/storage/streaming device. Make sure you shutdown Sage and the service before unpacking imports into your Programs files directory for Sage.

You have 2 options that I know of for displaying SMW. You can replace your current SageMC video library link (MY VIDEOS default), or you can add another separate link to SMW naming it whatever you wish. I prefer the second option.

To do the first option of replacing your current default SageMC video library with SMW:
- My Menu
- Settings
- SageMC Setup
- Main
- Screen Specific Options
- Video Library
- Custom Video Library Screen

To do the second option of keeping 2 separate video libraries from the main menu:
-click options or press ESC (on server)
- Main Menu Options
- New…
- New Internal Screen
- Give it a name like SMW or whatever you like
- File…
- Save Menu File

wrems you might want to try this I edited the SageMCMenu.xml and right below the My Videos line i added this

<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Sage Movie Wall" title="My Movies and Shows">
<evalExpression> </evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->

I have both My Videos and My Movies and Shows(Sage Movie Wall) on my main menu. Worked great!

Last edited by mkstretch; 07-04-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ive been trying to change the columns from 9 to 6 but it doesnt let me, any ideas? Also is ther a way for me to download my own poster and insert them manually, Ive been doing it through fanart options then refresh images which works, but not for every movie. Thanks
Old 07-05-2009, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ive been trying to change the columns from 9 to 6 but it doesnt let me, any ideas? Also is ther a way for me to download my own poster and insert them manually, Ive been doing it through fanart options then refresh images which works, but not for every movie. Thanks
Are you trying this with the remote (if so you have to hit stop to delete the 9 already in there) also keep in mind the interface spacing wise is optimize for 4 x 9 or 3 x 8 rows and columns. It will work with less but the spacing may not be ideal.

Yes you can go to you fanartfolder\moviename\posters\ and put whatever poster you want in there or fanartfolder\moviename\backgrounds\ for background images.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Though Id give the SMW try.
Thing are not going well with V3, V2 worked fine but was very, very slow!

Im now using a differant machine, the latest Sage RC version & latest SageMC.

Got everything installed (SageMC, phoenix API, SMW), imported the xml. Not installed batch media import though (is that vital?)

I dont get the initial scaling screen liek I did in V2, the movie wall is blank, and the options look like the attached!

Any ideas?

Edit: ALso dont quite understand the installation instructiosn on the first post! Step 6 &7 say import 2 xml files, I can only find 1.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smwoptions.jpg (78.4 KB, 271 views)

Last edited by pjwerdna; 07-06-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Though Id give the SMW try.
Thing are not going well with V3, V2 worked fine but was very, very slow!

Im now using a differant machine, the latest Sage RC version & latest SageMC.

Got everything installed (SageMC, phoenix API, SMW), imported the xml. Not installed batch media import though (is that vital?)

I dont get the initial scaling screen liek I did in V2, the movie wall is blank, and the options look like the attached!

Any ideas?

Edit: ALso dont quite understand the installation instructiosn on the first post! Step 6 &7 say import 2 xml files, I can only find 1.
First did you delete all of you pluckyhd properties before running version 3?

Also the scaling menu comes up after the homepage
Old 07-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Didnt have any pluckHD entries before. I did try closign down, deleting them & restarting with no change.

If I click the "Movie Wall" option at the top I get a blank blue screen with just the disk bar & date/tiem on. Using studio shows that this is the "Sage movie wall scaling menu", but it looks like the menu container goes off the bottom of the screen (5:4 aspect ratio)