SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

Another thing you can do to eliminate problems with multiple imports/new versions of imports is to backup the folder structure of a fresh install (no additional imports) in a safe place. This way you can delete the current folder/subfolder in your program files directory, and replace it with the older clean slate.

Before deleting your current working files and folders always back them up in their entirety. Then you can drop your wiz bin and sage properties files back into this reverted setup. This will give you a nice clean slate to begin re-importing all the customizations you want to be using, without less fear of messing something up by importing a file twice or into the wrong stv etc.

This method is especially helpful if you royally mess something up. You always want to keep a working set of files/folders in their entirety. When it goes wrong, and it will, you can get back to a normal working Sage inside of a few seconds.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Sage User

Hi, thanks PLUCKYHD for the fast responses, really appreciated !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
MHAD,

First step number two you need to be running the latest phoenix api and bmt no version 2 it can be found at the bottom of this thread

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41502
I've done that now, followed the instructions in the thread and using metadata-updater-3.0-beta-9 from the bottom. I followed the instructions from here http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dff28jvm_13f4rf57f6.

So far so good.

Quote:
Second you need to map Sage Movie Wall to your menu. Either by adding a new menu item or changing the default see this post on how to do it

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=494

cheers
Right, I've followed the instructions in the post -

To do the first option of replacing your current default SageMC video library with SMW:
- My Menu
- Settings
- SageMC Setup
- Main
- Screen Specific Options
- Video Library
- Custom Video Library Screen - Mine is called "Custom Program Info Screen" not "Custom Video Library Screen"
- Scroll down to Sage Movie Wall Home Page – select it I don't have this listed. I have Show Offline Icons, Fullsize Genre Icons, Genre Icon Background, DVD Profiler Auto Meta Data, DVD Profiler Character Roles, Auto Add Offline Path, Fullsize Folder.jpg - that's all I have. Arrrgh !

To do the second option of keeping 2 separate video libraries from the main menu:
-click options or press ESC (on server)
- Main Menu Options
- New…
- New Internal Screen
- Scroll down to Sage Movie Wall Home Page – select it
- Give it a name like SMW or whatever you like
- File…
- Save Menu File

I'd much prefer to do this, but how? Is this in another program somewhere or in Sage on my TV? Nowhere can I find "Options" near the main menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Hi MHAD,
Welcome to the Sage community!

Also, I think step 6 and 7 are redundant (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). You only need to add the latest plugin .xml which should look something like sagemoivewallv3-R104.xml.
Thanks Petereader! That answer also helps, I was looking for both but I do have sagemoviewallv3-r104.xml so I've imported that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post

What is meant by a blank sagemc.xml file: boy, that is a good question. When you import an add-in what you're actually doing is importing that add-in (called and stvi in sage world) to your current stv (in your case sagemc.xml). If you look for your stv file inside the sage folder, you will see that it has been renamed each time you added a plugin (once you import metadatatools.xml, sagemc.xml will become sagemc-1.xml, when you import smw it will become sagemc-2.xml and so on). what you want to do is to point your sage installation back to the original sagemc.xml file. That will give you a blank sagemc.xml. Keep in mind, this is necessary only if you had already installed a previous version of SMW. If this is your first time importing it, you won't have to worry about any of this until next time.

Hope that helps rather than confuses. Perhaps someone else can chime in and save you from my directions

Cheers
Thanks again, that does explain it to me and I get it now! I was using "SageMC_169.xml" which I hope is what's being referred to as a blank SageMC xml - I'm now at SageMC_169-6.xml - I'd tried this from my server before realizing I should have been doing these steps from my MVP, so I started from scratch on the MVP and moved up from -4 to -6 by importing the latest SageMC, BMT, and sagemoviewallv3-r104.xml - hope I got that right !

I'm still stuck though as described above - on creating the new menu!

Any more help much appreciated!

Cheers
Old 07-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHAD View Post
To do the second option of keeping 2 separate video libraries from the main menu:
-click options or press ESC (on server)
- Main Menu Options
- New…
- New Internal Screen
- Scroll down to Sage Movie Wall Home Page – select it
- Give it a name like SMW or whatever you like
- File…
- Save Menu File

I'd much prefer to do this, but how? Is this in another program somewhere or in Sage on my TV? Nowhere can I find "Options" near the main menu
if using a hd200 press the options remote button... or if using a computer/mousre/keyboard press ctrl+o on the main menu. It will bring up the options menu.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-13-2009, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

You need to hit esc or options why on your main menu. Make sure dynamic menus are enable if so go to new menu item and go to internal screen then follow to directons as per above.

Also you should not be using sagemc16x9.xml but sagemc_6_9a_46.xml
Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Another thing you can do to eliminate problems with multiple imports/new versions of imports is to backup the folder structure of a fresh install (no additional imports) in a safe place. This way you can delete the current folder/subfolder in your program files directory, and replace it with the older clean slate.

Before deleting your current working files and folders always back them up in their entirety. Then you can drop your wiz bin and sage properties files back into this reverted setup. This will give you a nice clean slate to begin re-importing all the customizations you want to be using, without less fear of messing something up by importing a file twice or into the wrong stv etc.

This method is especially helpful if you royally mess something up. You always want to keep a working set of files/folders in their entirety. When it goes wrong, and it will, you can get back to a normal working Sage inside of a few seconds.
Thanks Wren, good advice.

I have full backups already of my SageTV folders - once from before installing SageMC, and once from before starting with SageMovieWall which is basically a backup of the folder in the post-SageMC-install state with no changes. I'll be hanging on to those then !

Cheers
Old 07-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
if using a hd200 press the options remote button... or if using a computer/mousre/keyboard press ctrl+o on the main menu. It will bring up the options menu.
I'm using an MVP. There isn't an Options button on the Hauppage Remote ... !
Old 07-13-2009, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm using an MVP. There isn't an Options button on the Hauppage Remote ... !
Yellow button.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Sage User

Quote:
You need to hit esc or options why on your main menu. Make sure dynamic menus are enable if so go to new menu item and go to internal screen then follow to directons as per above.

Also you should not be using sagemc16x9.xml but sagemc_6_9a_46.xml
I see, I hadn't realised I should be starting with sagemc_6_9a_46.xml - thanks, I'll try again.

I don't have an Options button on my MVP remote control though, nothing like it ?

I'll look through the menus for how to enable dynamic menus.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I see, I hadn't realised I should be starting with sagemc_6_9a_46.xml - thanks, I'll try again.

I don't have an Options button on my MVP remote control though, nothing like it ?

Thanks
Press the yellow button for the options menu.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Press the yellow button for the options menu.

Gerry
Fantastic, thanks Gerry.

Do you know how I can use lower case and upper case characters in the on screen keyboard?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Fantastic, thanks Gerry.

Do you know how I can use lower case and upper case characters in the on screen keyboard?
Press the Guide button during the on screen keyboard. Stop button will delete a character.

Gerry
Old 07-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Sage Icon

You can edit your menu file with dynamic menus from your server. IMO, it’s easier this way than doing it from the HD200 or MVP… This way you have keyboard/mouse control. The edits you make via dynamic menus on the server will replicate themselves out to your extender(s).

Then from the extender all you need to do is import the stvi and that menu item will work. If you don’t import the stvi at the client you’ll get an error.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Sage User

Quote:

Thanks
I'm there ! I think. Thanks for all the help guys, I'm very grateful.

I've added a new menu to the SageTV homepage (all upper case though so far) to take me straight to SMW. I see the sky / lake background with 5 dvd cover images, and the Sort By, Release, Actor, Categories, Recent etc at the top.

Now - not wanting to sound completely stupid, I can't see how this is navigated... should there be something that highlights which option on the text bar I'm selecting? eg: to sort by filesystem (as this is what I'd want to do) how to I do that? I can see a grey shadow over "Sort By" when pressing left / right but that grey shadow doesn't move. Under "Sort By" there's Release Year, Date Added, All Videos (checked) and File System - but none of the remote presses move up or down this list ...
Old 07-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Press the Guide button during the on screen keyboard. Stop button will delete a character.

Gerry
Thanks, I'd never have worked that out
Old 07-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Sage Icon

MHAD -- i had a simliar problem with the WAll where my menu itesm weren't highlighting at all. Plucky helped me figure out that it was due to the fact i had all animations tunred off in sage..

i think i have core animations, and popup menu animations enabled now. Everythign works good now!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
MHAD -- i had a simliar problem with the WAll where my menu itesm weren't highlighting at all. Plucky helped me figure out that it was due to the fact i had all animations tunred off in sage..

i think i have core animations, and popup menu animations enabled now. Everythign works good now!
Thanks PiX64, I'll give that a try. Cheers
Old 07-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Thanks PiX64, I'll give that a try. Cheers
I don't seem to be able to turn on Core Animations from the menus. I can find the option (both in SageMC and in the main SageTV settings) but when selecting this to change from Disabled to Enabled, nothing happens.

Could this be because I'm using an MVP? I recall reading somewhere that MVPs couldn't handle animated menus. Sounds a bit odd though.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Wanted to share a couple screencaps on the latest. I am hoping to get a tester out this week or next but I have changed allot and fixed allot. It seems to run much much smoother now in my testing.

I am also working on a custom grouping as some had wanted I don't know if it will make it in this build or not but shouldn't be far behind.

3d Wall

CoverFlow Info

New Info List view scrollable

As you may notice I have also added logos throughout the wall views as well as Actor/info options on the info views.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Sage User

All my tv shows are in lowercase text only even though the capital letters are there if I go to "Edit Title" in the menu.

Is anyone else seeing this? It doesn't effect my movies.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdodge View Post
All my tv shows are in lowercase text only even though the capital letters are there if I go to "Edit Title" in the menu.

Is anyone else seeing this? It doesn't effect my movies.
Mine did this as well.. After a day or so, It started looking correct.. I donno what changed to make it show correct, as I was working on metadata at the time (using .properties files for movies and refreshing the imported media)