SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Sage Icon

Plucky,

I tried the fix you suggested a while ago for my filter/view problem. To refresh your memry i couldnt' get teh "FILE-SYSTEM" view to stick. It always reverted to ALL_Videos

So you suggest modifying the client.properties file and hardcode the FILE-SYSTEM under the plucky/ settings.

Now that worked for the server running in service mode and using the client on the server...however it didnt' change anything for the HD200's

Any ideas on how i can get those to change. All i want is the home page, which is working GREAT, and then when you select the movie wall have it go to FILE-SYSTEM view rather than ALL-VIDEOS.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Now that worked for the server running in service mode and using the client on the server...however it didnt' change anything for the HD200's
hard code the .properties file for the HD200 in the /clients folder.

Every HD200 has its own .properties file that is independent of the sageclient.properties file. It is MACADDRESS.properties in the /clients/ subfolder.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-16-2009, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
hard code the .properties file for the HD200 in the /clients folder.

Every HD200 has its own .properties file that is independent of the sageclient.properties file. It is MACADDRESS.properties in the /clients/ subfolder.
Thanks razor beat me too it he is 100% right.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Sage Icon

excellent thanks all!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomdog32 View Post
Mine did this as well.. After a day or so, It started looking correct.. I donno what changed to make it show correct, as I was working on metadata at the time (using .properties files for movies and refreshing the imported media)
Well at least there's hope that things will just straighten out for me...
Old 07-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdodge View Post
Plucky,
Also I wanted to point out a bug I'm seeing. I use SMW in wall mode with file system sorting and non-DVD set as the filter. I have random fanart backgrounds on and have not used scaling as my system is stout enough to run quickly without it. I have list view enabled when choosing a folder with multiple items (TV Shows).

If I am in one list of tv shows and then return to the wall list and select another tV show folder the first two pieces of fanart shown will be from the previous show. Once I highlight the item that corresponds to the third background being displayed everything is ok and I see art for the currently selected show. I only see this behaviour in SMW and nowhere else in SageMC.
This behavior is def. tied to Wall View. If I use Coverflow or List View I don't see this behavior.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

The Moviewall link it not working.

http://babgvant.com/downloads/plucky...allV3R1.04.zip
Old 07-18-2009, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerooks View Post
Darn I deleted it from the file server by accident when moving some stuff around. I will get it reuploaded soon as I can find it
Old 07-18-2009, 02:28 PM

Download gone. Mirror?

Movie wall download link seems to be dead. Does anyone know if there is a mirror of it some where? Thanks.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigg75 View Post
Movie wall download link seems to be dead. Does anyone know if there is a mirror of it some where? Thanks.
I was made aware above I deleted it by accident trying to find that build to re upload
Old 07-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Sage User

Plucky, I have the file saved on my local computer. I'm sending you an e-mail with a link to it so you can download it and rehost it for everyone.

-RL
Old 07-19-2009, 09:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Plucky, I have the file saved on my local computer. I'm sending you an e-mail with a link to it so you can download it and rehost it for everyone.

-RL
Thanks superdodge.

The link should be back up now and working thanks to superdodge for supplying the zip file to me I deleted of my computer for some reason I don't normally do that have 100 other builds but not that one

cheers
Old 07-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
All my tv shows are in lowercase text only even though the capital letters are there if I go to "Edit Title" in the menu.

Is anyone else seeing this? It doesn't effect my movies.
I can't seem to shake this problem. If I go into the regular "My Videos" view then all the metadata shows up with capital letters so I'm pretty sure this is tied to SMW in some way. I have tried reindexing my library with bmt and that didn't seem to change anything. Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I can't seem to shake this problem. If I go into the regular "My Videos" view then all the metadata shows up with capital letters so I'm pretty sure this is tied to SMW in some way. I have tried reindexing my library with bmt and that didn't seem to change anything. Anyone else have any ideas?
I call the show titles no different than anything else can i see a couple of screenshots for comparison to see what you are talking about?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I call the show titles no different than anything else can i see a couple of screenshots for comparison to see what you are talking about?
Screenshot One - Here a movie is highlighted and as you can see it has a capital "T" at the beginning of the movie title. All capitals in the title for movies are shown just as they are on imdb or themoviedb where the metadata comes from.

Screenshot Two - Here a TV Show folder is highlighted and as you can see it has no capital "C" at the beginning of the title.

Screenshot Three - Here is the drill down list view for the same TV Show. As you can see there are no capital letters at all. The "S" and "E" identifiers should be capitalized along with the show titles.

Screenshot Four - Here I have gone to the SMW menu, then to "Edit Options" then to "Edit Title". As you can see there are in fact capitals in the title as it is saved; however, SMW does not display them. If I use the SageMC My Videos screen these capital letters do show up.

I hope that clears up what I'm describing. I have no idea why it happens, but I'm pretty sure it's not a SageMC or BMT issue because BMT does place the capitals in the metadata as seen in other locations and SageMC displays it properly in the My Videos screen.

I know nothing about code, so let me know if I can give you any other information to track down this problem.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

First thanks for the screencaps a picture says a thousand words you are showing some beta screencaps but that is okay

First thing your overscan settings are way of the options menus and black should be at the bottom of your screen now that has been said

I am guessing that Taken is a single video and you are only seeing this problem on combined videos via "file-system" view correct? It has to do with the scrapper I use that was provided by Razor as I was to lazy to write my own . That being said it is not his jars fault it is my fault I need to sort and not group by his method. This should be a easy fix gotta give it to you you are a detailed person to notice

cheers

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 07-20-2009 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:28 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
First thanks for the screencaps a picture says a thousand words you are showing some beta screencaps but that is okay

First thing your overscan settings are way of the options menus and black should be at the bottom of your screen now that has been said

I am guessing that Taken is a single video and you are only seeing this problem on combined videos via "file-system" view correct? It has to do with the scrapper I use that was provided by Razor as I was to lazy to write my own . That being said it is not his jars fault it is my fault I need to sort and not group by his method. This should be a easy fix gotta give it to you you are a detailed person to notice

cheers
The overscan settings appear to be off because I took these pictures on my laptop over VNC. The black lines up perfectly on my TV.

Sorry about the screen caps I used. I didn't even think of that.

MeinMaui - SageMC ** stuckless - Phoenix & BMT ** PLUCKYHD - Sage Movie Wall ** razrsharpe - TVExplorer ** Slugger - SJQ, SRE and SageAlert ** bialio - Advanced Mini Guide
Old 07-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Sage Expert

Pluckyhd,

Very nice! I've been using your movie wall and the stuckless bmt for a couple of weeks. My family loves it. The desire to use the movie wall (and not wait on the version for the stock sage UI) drove me to sagemc as well. I've always been in the camp of "what is wrong with the current UI, I just want it to stay out of the way so I can watch tv, movies and play music". Now I understand why so many people want an upgraded sage ui. You have opened my eyes (with lots of eye candy). I hope the ask for your input when they do upgrade the interface.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Pluckyhd,

Very nice! I've been using your movie wall and the stuckless bmt for a couple of weeks. My family loves it. The desire to use the movie wall (and not wait on the version for the stock sage UI) drove me to sagemc as well. I've always been in the camp of "what is wrong with the current UI, I just want it to stay out of the way so I can watch tv, movies and play music". Now I understand why so many people want an upgraded sage ui. You have opened my eyes (with lots of eye candy). I hope the ask for your input when they do upgrade the interface.
Thank you for the kind words very much appreciated. Be sure and let Stuckless and Mike feel your appreciation as well none of this would even be close to possible without their sagemc,bmt and phoenix work.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Sage Expert

Was writing my corresponding post in the BMT thread as you spoke! Not sure where to post to thank Mike, but I suspect he will see it either here or in the BMT thread.