SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Alright, this is meant as a joke because it's certainly not practical (yet), due to market penetration, but could you imagine what could be done if true 3D visuals were possible? I'd love to browse the SMW and have the selection and info pop out towards me! Now, throw in an IR controller for scrolling through the wall with your hand.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 08-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Alright, this is meant as a joke because it's certainly not practical (yet), due to market penetration, but could you imagine what could be done if true 3D visuals were possible? I'd love to browse the SMW and have the selection and info pop out towards me! Now, throw in an IR controller for scrolling through the wall with your hand.
That's got Minority Report written all over it.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

So that last tip finished it all off! I have it working and it is really nice but boy is it slow...

Where should I level the blame? The client or the server? The networking is gigabit so it gets a pass right away.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by que3jxp View Post
So that last tip finished it all off! I have it working and it is really nice but boy is it slow...

Where should I level the blame? The client or the server? The networking is gigabit so it gets a pass right away.
Shouldn't be slow that being said version 4 has major code and speed increases and fixes so I wouldn't lie blame anywhere until that is released have a tester running a client with a celeron and unc fanart says it flies.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Actually, the only real limiting factor is that the sage UI isn't in Direct3D. If it was, and you had a 3D display, it could easily be in full stereoscopic 3D. I've got a great 3D display (Samsing HLT-6189S), and games that work well with it really are impressive.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Sage User

SMW w/o BMT

I don't have a lot of movies and I only DL a few FanArt backgrounds at 1920x1080 per movie so I like to DL manually for the most part. Also I keep my own DVD profiler collection.mxl up to date. I know BMT plug-in is nice to do on-demand for fanart and metadata. If I already have the latest Phoenix files installed separately do I need BMT? Just want to try SMW. If not I will probably will wait until v4 is released.

Jon
Old 08-12-2009, 07:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium View Post
I don't have a lot of movies and I only DL a few FanArt backgrounds at 1920x1080 per movie so I like to DL manually for the most part. Also I keep my own DVD profiler collection.mxl up to date. I know BMT plug-in is nice to do on-demand for fanart and metadata. If I already have the latest Phoenix files installed separately do I need BMT? Just want to try SMW. If not I will probably will wait until v4 is released.

Jon
You can use bmt to import to the correct fanart locations from dvd profiler.

So yes you still need bmt or to manuall put all your fanart in the correct fanart folder locations.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

PluckyHD

I have a couple of quick questions. I have added a couple of pathfilter expressions to my menu file for the following separate directories:
DVDs
KidsDVDs
Home Videos
Exercise

The first two work great with no issues. For Home Videos and Exercise - Is a properties file required for the videos to show up in the Sage Movie Wall - as none of these files have an associated properties file? For some reason these files are not being recognized and I have added them as video import directories in sage. One other strange behavior is that in the sage_mc menu.xml if I change the menu item from Sage Movie Wall to Video Library Folder View all of the movies show up - sage seems to ignore the path that is identified in the menu file and the movies from all four directories above show up in a sage movie wall.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
Old 08-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
PluckyHD

I have a couple of quick questions. I have added a couple of pathfilter expressions to my menu file for the following separate directories:
DVDs
KidsDVDs
Home Videos
Exercise

The first two work great with no issues. For Home Videos and Exercise - Is a properties file required for the videos to show up in the Sage Movie Wall - as none of these files have an associated properties file? For some reason these files are not being recognized and I have added them as video import directories in sage. One other strange behavior is that in the sage_mc menu.xml if I change the menu item from Sage Movie Wall to Video Library Folder View all of the movies show up - sage seems to ignore the path that is identified in the menu file and the movies from all four directories above show up in a sage movie wall.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
A Properties file is not required... but without one you obviously will not have any metadata/coverart/fanart/etc.

The path filter expressions are case sensitive. Make sure the expression in the menu is EXACTLY the same as the inport directory (including CASE).
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Razorsharp

I checked the menu file and did find one typo for the home video directory - I corrected that and it did not fix my problem. I tried rescanning from within sage movie wall and the videos did not show up. However when I wend to the media import directory setup in the detailed sage settings I saw a menu item to refresh Imported Media - and when I ran that the movies showed up under home videos and exercise.

So I am all set - but I don't understand why that made it work.

Thanks for your help.

Dan
Old 08-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

A quick request...

Just got SMW running and boy is it awesome! I have one quick UI request. Would it be possible, when in List View and having just brought up the info, to have the Back button go back to the list (stow the info overlay) rather than back to the last screen?

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolaus View Post
Just got SMW running and boy is it awesome! I have one quick UI request. Would it be possible, when in List View and having just brought up the info, to have the Back button go back to the list (stow the info overlay) rather than back to the last screen?

Thanks!
there are several ways to get out of it

Hit info or up or Down
Old 08-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
there are several ways to get out of it

Hit info or up or Down
I'm aware there are several ways to get out of the info pop-up but to be honest, I'm so used to using the back button for navigation in SageTV that I hit it reflexively. I just thought it might be nice if the back button brought you back out to the menu rather than jumping back a whole screen right away.

A couple other small issues I've noticed... When using the option to keep the selected movie title centered in List View the it doesn't work when you first enter the screen (the first movie selected appears at the top of the screen). Once I hit up/down once, however, it corrects itself. I've also noticed that the fanart doesn't seem to load for the first selection when entering list mode either. This is also corrected by a simply cycling up/down or down/up in the list.

Overall I'm loving SMW and wanted to thank you again for all your hard work!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

thanks glad you like it other than the back request I am pretty sure all those issues are fixed in v4
Old 08-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Sage User

Any idea when V4 will be public or is it possible to get in on the beta? I've been waiting anxiously for this!
Old 08-17-2009, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesee150 View Post
Any idea when V4 will be public or is it possible to get in on the beta? I've been waiting anxiously for this!
Beta is pretty much over and has been for a couple of weeks. I am trying to work a couple of things in and get everything written up and packaged but my time has been limited on sage coding as of late. Hopefully I can get it out soon.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Installing SMW

I'm afraid i dont understand the instructions to install SMW. Still learning Sage etc.

1. Backup your sage folder (This is beta)
- done

2. Make sure you are running the latest beta sagemc version and phoneix api or BMT latest version
- installed

3. Version 6.18RC is required (I believe didn't test below that.)
- Running latest sagetv and sagemc

4. Extract the attached into your Sagetv\sagetv folder
- done
5. Import Latest Version of BMI (batched metadata importer) Version 3.0 or above is required!!! Import of the add-in is required before Sagemoviewall if you use addin.
- i installed BMT is this the same as #2 or something different ?

6. Import Sagemoivewallv1.xml from a blank sagemc xml. (by blank I mean one that doesn't already have a SMW any version imported over it.) Make sure you 5re using latest beta of Sage and Sagemc.

7. Import Sagemoivewallv3-b1.xml from a blank sagemc xml. (will not import over existing) Make sure you are using latest beta of Sage and Sagemc.
- dont understand 6 and 7 - are these the same instructions but different xml?

8. Go into sagemc screen specific options and point video library to Sage Movie Wall. (If not running latest see 8.a)

- sorry dont understand

8a. Go to Dynamic menu options on your main screen and add pointer to internal screen Sage Movie Wall. (hopefully Maui will get it up soon where you can point to it in options and replace your video libray view)

- or this one

9. Make sure core animations are enable!!
- how ?

appreciate help - thanks..
1 x HD200 - connected to 150FD
1 x Sage TV server
Pioneer VSX92THX receiver
Monitor one 5.1 surround speakers
Sony S550 Blueray
Old 08-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhewda View Post
I'm afraid i dont understand the instructions to install SMW. Still learning Sage etc.

1. Backup your sage folder (This is beta)
- done

2. Make sure you are running the latest beta sagemc version and phoneix api or BMT latest version
- installed

3. Version 6.18RC is required (I believe didn't test below that.)
- Running latest sagetv and sagemc

4. Extract the attached into your Sagetv\sagetv folder
- done
5. Import Latest Version of BMI (batched metadata importer) Version 3.0 or above is required!!! Import of the add-in is required before Sagemoviewall if you use addin.
- i installed BMT is this the same as #2 or something different ?

6. Import Sagemoivewallv1.xml from a blank sagemc xml. (by blank I mean one that doesn't already have a SMW any version imported over it.) Make sure you 5re using latest beta of Sage and Sagemc.

7. Import Sagemoivewallv3-b1.xml from a blank sagemc xml. (will not import over existing) Make sure you are using latest beta of Sage and Sagemc.
- dont understand 6 and 7 - are these the same instructions but different xml?

8. Go into sagemc screen specific options and point video library to Sage Movie Wall. (If not running latest see 8.a)

- sorry dont understand

8a. Go to Dynamic menu options on your main screen and add pointer to internal screen Sage Movie Wall. (hopefully Maui will get it up soon where you can point to it in options and replace your video libray view)

- or this one

9. Make sure core animations are enable!!
- how ?

appreciate help - thanks..
See if my post helps any (http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...-released.html)

I will get it updated once again for Version 4 once public.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 08-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
See if my post helps any (http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...-released.html)

I will get it updated once again for Version 4 once public.
Thanks it seems to be partly working.

if i select My Videos from the main screen it brings up the "regular" view / list of movies then when i select on of them it brings me to the movie wall. However i dont get the image for the movies unless and it doesnt scroll?

I will keep playing...thanks
1 x HD200 - connected to 150FD
1 x Sage TV server
Pioneer VSX92THX receiver
Monitor one 5.1 surround speakers
Sony S550 Blueray
Old 08-18-2009, 05:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhewda View Post
Thanks it seems to be partly working.

if i select My Videos from the main screen it brings up the "regular" view / list of movies then when i select on of them it brings me to the movie wall. However i dont get the image for the movies unless and it doesnt scroll?

I will keep playing...thanks
You are not on the right track yet my friend there is no way that if you are bringing up the regular view you are getting into smw from there. Did you do the remapping in the sagemc settings for your video library as per dbone's instructions?