SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Sage Icon

To Plucky and all the great developers/testers/QA individuals that work on Release 4.

I didnt' think it was possible for you to make something that was already phenominal that much better, but some how you did. SMW V4 is absolutely amazing. The performance improvements that you made along with all of the new features and styles make this stvi, at least for me, hands down, the greatest plugin that is avaialbe.

We cannot of course leave out the other individuals and plugins that make yours possible...stuckless for his amazing BMT/imdb search, and many many more.

Again i just wanted to say that you all did a phenominal job, and My wife and I love this plugin!

GREAT JOB!!!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post

Again i just wanted to say that you all did a phenominal job, and My wife and I love this plugin!

GREAT JOB!!!!!
Thank you very much for the kind words and glad you like it. It is post like this that make all the work and effort seem worth it. I can't speak for all developers but a simply thanks like this goes along way for motivation for me.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Are you trying to get to actors from homepage or within a selected movie?
Either way I get the same default orange image.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium View Post
Either way I get the same default orange image.
Okay i will get together a bebuglog build to send to you to better see what the issue is.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:19 AM
SageTVaholic

When SMW goes through the scaling of Fanart does it change the images - will this screw up my setup in the regular SageMC screens if I decide to stop using SMW?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
When SMW goes through the scaling of Fanart does it change the images - will this screw up my setup in the regular SageMC screens if I decide to stop using SMW?
No the images are all scaled/transformed and cached in SMW folders in your cache directory it does not modify or change the fanart in fanart folders at all.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

PLUCKY, first of all, GREAT JOB. I have to stop myself from just going to my movies selection and scrolling up and down just to see the whole wall. It amazes me.

I did have a quick question. How does the plugin know if it is a Blu-ray rip. I ripped a BD and set the whole disc inside my import folder and the blu-ray logo appeared along with all of the other icons. I then stripped out the single video and audio track and then imported it and it shows all the icons except the blu-ray logo. Just a quick question. Thanks again!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLJLxx View Post
PLUCKY, first of all, GREAT JOB. I have to stop myself from just going to my movies selection and scrolling up and down just to see the whole wall. It amazes me.

I did have a quick question. How does the plugin know if it is a Blu-ray rip. I ripped a BD and set the whole disc inside my import folder and the blu-ray logo appeared along with all of the other icons. I then stripped out the single video and audio track and then imported it and it shows all the icons except the blu-ray logo. Just a quick question. Thanks again!
Thanks

They must be in Native blu ray ripped format to be reconized as a blu ray currently. I have plans at some point to implement a self tagged blu ray method IE you tell SMW what format your blurays are in and it will reconize those a blur rays but for now it must be in default blu ray folder format.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Sage Expert

I use SMW fulltime now with the latest version. No problems at all. It goes great with the TV Explorer, too.

Now who will come up with something for My Music?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Thanks

They must be in Native blu ray ripped format to be reconized as a blu ray currently. I have plans at some point to implement a self tagged blu ray method IE you tell SMW what format your blurays are in and it will reconize those a blur rays but for now it must be in default blu ray folder format.
That makes sense. I didn't know for sure. I agree with Mitch as well. I do feel a little spoiled to have SMW and fanart already but something to incorporate my music would be brilliant!
Old 09-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Sage Expert

A couple months ago somebody made the announcment they were. But quickly deleted the thread. I guess it wasn't ready!
Old 09-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
A couple months ago somebody made the announcment they were. But quickly deleted the thread. I guess it wasn't ready!
Something similar is being done with Media Browser in WMC. A Music Browser plug in has been created so you get the same look/feel as Media Browser without actually having to leave MediaBrowser. Getting everything integrated and keeping the look/feel the same is always a good thing.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 09-03-2009, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It was my thread and it is still around probably won't see it until phoenix or later.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Sage User

Plucky,

Great JOB with SMW. I have upgraded to the lastest version and have not encountered any problems.

Recently, I had some family visit for week. After a brief tutorial, I turned them loose in Sage. (I knew they would be interested in watching several of the movies I have.) They greatly preferred SMW over the SageMC My Videos user experience.

Again, great job.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJohnny View Post
Plucky,

Great JOB with SMW. I have upgraded to the lastest version and have not encountered any problems.

Recently, I had some family visit for week. After a brief tutorial, I turned them loose in Sage. (I knew they would be interested in watching several of the movies I have.) They greatly preferred SMW over the SageMC My Videos user experience.

Again, great job.
Thanks always good to hear people are enjoying it.

Is anyone else having the actor image problem where the actor images are not showing up after you download the zip of them and extract into your central fanart folder?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Sage Expert

Crap, I forgot to check out the actor images. I did download ALL of them and put them in the default folder. Where can I find them at in SMW?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Crap, I forgot to check out the actor images. I did download ALL of them and put them in the default folder. Where can I find them at in SMW?
What do you mean by default folder location? they should go in you central fanart folder\actors

check them out on the actors link on the homepage or push guide on any movie.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

My CoverArt does not show in SMW - works fine in the std SageMC video library. I hope this is simply a missed 'MC' setting somewhere so I won't bore you will all the details (yet). TIA
Old 09-04-2009, 05:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wado1971 View Post
My CoverArt does not show in SMW - works fine in the std SageMC video library. I hope this is simply a missed 'MC' setting somewhere so I won't bore you will all the details (yet). TIA
Is it fanart? Or folder jpegs?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Folder jpegs.