SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
smw does not play nice with Animation = off... animations = on is required so all different layers show up correctly... i would recommend that you turn them on (at least temporarily to see if it helps)

plucky... maybe you want to add this morsel to your install instructions?
Now its more stable, however the animation of the GRID screen did not return.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
tHANKS,

Wanted to add if you want an easy way to bypass video library for this

edit your menu.xml file and replace "Video Library Folder View" with "Sage Movie Wall"

that is how I did it until it gets added as a screen option in SageMC
I have decided to use this method since i have a cple folders that I would rather not import into the movie wall, ie home movies.

I would like to use filters something like this:

<evalExpression>SetProperty("sagemc/ui/video_lib_view", "FILE-SYSTEM")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>SetProperty("sagemc/video_lib_filter", "DVD")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>SetProperty("sagemc/ui/video_lib_folder_listview", false) </evalExpression>

To go to specific view within movie wall, i am sure the "video_lib_view" needs to be something else, what exactly would it be?
Old 09-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapp View Post
I have decided to use this method since i have a cple folders that I would rather not import into the movie wall, ie home movies.

I would like to use filters something like this:

<evalExpression>SetProperty("sagemc/ui/video_lib_view", "FILE-SYSTEM")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>SetProperty("sagemc/video_lib_filter", "DVD")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>SetProperty("sagemc/ui/video_lib_folder_listview", false) </evalExpression>

To go to specific view within movie wall, i am sure the "video_lib_view" needs to be something else, what exactly would it be?
try something like this
Code:
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Sage Movie Wall" title="Sage Movie Wall">
    <evalExpression>SetProperty("pluckyhd/SMWHomePage", false)</evalExpression>
    <evalExpression>SetProperty("pluckyhd/SMWViewStyle", "FILE-SYSTEM")</evalExpression>
    <evalExpression>SetProperty("pluckyhd/SMWfilter", "None")</evalExpression>
    <evalExpression>SetProperty("pluckyhd/SMWDisplayListView", false) </evalExpression>
    <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
    <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\PATH\\TO\\FILTER")</evalExpression>
    <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
haven't tested it out at all so it probably needs some tweaking.. but plucky and i talked about it a couple months ago and you should be able to get it working

i use a similar method for the default vid library to load some menus with a list view and others with an icon view
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

I love the look of this in your screen shots.. I gotta have it. But no worky yet for me.

Using the lastest Sage and SageMC. I installed the phoenix api, followed your directions exactly. Several problems though:
1. This line "Install Actor Images (optional). Download can be found here. Extract all files to //centralfanartartfolder/Actors " does not make any sense. Since it was optional, I skipped it.
2. I am a first time installer: the STVi import acted fine, but this direction "Go to SageMC Setup -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> Video Library -> Custom Video Library Screen and load Sage Movie Wall." was quite confusing. My UI does not say "Custom Video Library", it says "Custom Program Info Screen" Is this what you mean? If so, there was no Sage Movie Wall choice, I reimported and it show up. It is now selected - hope that's right.
3. When selection My Video I do not get the Wall but the same thing as before. I am using the CenterSage theme with SageMC. Could this be the problem?

Thanks for the HELP!

Last edited by MalibuDave42; 09-29-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuDave42 View Post
I love the look of this in your screen shots.. I gotta have it. But no worky yet for me.

Using the lastest Sage and SageMC. I installed the phoenix api, followed your directions exactly. Several problems though:
1. This line "Install Actor Images (optional). Download can be found here. Extract all files to //centralfanartartfolder/Actors " does not make any sense. Since it was optional, I skipped it.
2. I am a first time installer: the STVi import acted fine, but this direction "Go to SageMC Setup -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> Video Library -> Custom Video Library Screen and load Sage Movie Wall." was quite confusing. My UI does not say "Customer Video Library", it says "Custom Program Info Screen" Is this what you mean? If so, there was no Sage Movie Wall choice, I reimported and it show up. It is now selected - hope that's right.
3. When selection My Video I do not get the Wall but the same thing as before. I am using the CenterSage theme with SageMC. Could this be the problem?

Thanks for the HELP!
So you don't see this when you are in the video library?

SMW.JPG

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not exactly.. (I could not get the screen cap to show up here).

Yours says "Custom Video Library Screen" mine says "Custom Program Info Screen" -- as a relative newbie, I was trying to follow the directions exactly. Though seem similar, they are different, plus there was no Sage Video Wall entry behind it.

After importing again, I found the ...Wall entry and selected it. It still does not work. I conclude they are different.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Yours says "Custom Video Library Screen" mine says "Custom Program Info Screen" -- as a relative newbie, I was trying to follow the directions exactly. Though seem similar, they are different, plus there was no Sage Video Wall entry behind it.

After importing again, I found the ...Wall entry and selected it. It still does not work. I conclude they are different.
Hmmm...The SMW needs to be applied in the Custom Video Library Screen, that is why it is not working. Not sure why it is not showing

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 09-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Custom Program info screen is the single media item view you get to when selecting a particular media object (tv recording, imported video, dvd/bd movie object, etc).
the Custom Video Library Screen is what SMW replaces... the navigation to select individual media objects...

SageMC Setup -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> Video Library

The first option should be Custom Video Library Screen.... that is where you enter Sage Movie Wall (after you import the STVi) ...

See the attached Jpg. yes the option is blank on mine... i prefer to manually edit the sagemc_menu.xml file so i can still get to the defautl video library video browser...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SMW Custom Video Screen.jpg (79.9 KB, 242 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-30-2009, 06:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

You are not running the latest version of Sagemc if you don't see the custom program info. That was added in one of the later versions versions before that did not have the option.

As for actor images it is self explanatory you download from the link and extract to the folder mentioned.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yep PuckyHD that was it I am embarrassed to say. It's working now.

This is VERY cool, great work and thanks to all for your hard work.

Is there a thread on how fanart works? Previously, I had been meticulous to look up and save IMDB data, but that does not appear to be be used. Do I need to move it? Re look everything up? The default directory in SMW for fan art is in the phoenix directory.. that's seems odd. Can someone point a thread on this?

Thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 01:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yep PuckyHD that was it I am embarrassed to say. It's working now.

This is VERY cool, great work and thanks to all for your hard work.

Is there a thread on how fanart works? Previously, I had been meticulous to look up and save IMDB data, but that does not appear to be be used. Do I need to move it? Re look everything up? The default directory in SMW for fan art is in the phoenix directory.. that's seems odd. Can someone point a thread on this?

Thanks
BMI is what you want
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34301

have fun
Old 09-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Watched indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
yeah that would be a great thing if u could , i have not even one dvd on my server, but over 6000 files in .avi/.mkv and other formats and i had to go back to the default stv, just because i couldnt make out if i watched something or not lol, without playing the video

Another +1. This would be _hugely_ helpful to me. I just installed Sage Movie Wall and think it's fantastic -- but the lack of a 'watched' indicator is nearly enough of a problem I may have to stop using it.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 PM

This is amazing, Nice jobe Plucky! Quick question, is it possible to use an external DVD Software or Media Player with this?
I have Mmy SageMC configured to use VLC with the default page however with SMW it tries to use the default sage player?

Thanks a lot!

-A
Old 10-01-2009, 03:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moothekow View Post
Another +1. This would be _hugely_ helpful to me. I just installed Sage Movie Wall and think it's fantastic -- but the lack of a 'watched' indicator is nearly enough of a problem I may have to stop using it.
I hope a "watched" filter is also in the works
Old 10-01-2009, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
I hope a "watched" filter is also in the works
Watched is coming in the next build along with some bug squashes Should have an updated release next week.

@adburg it should work I thought I fixed it to work with external players but to be honest I am not sure how external players are called. I call the player just like defautl sagemc so not sure why it isn't working.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Watched is coming in the next build along with some bug squashes Should have an updated release next week.

@adburg it should work I thought I fixed it to work with external players but to be honest I am not sure how external players are called. I call the player just like defautl sagemc so not sure why it isn't working.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Filter TV out?

I have searched the forum, and I know this must be an option and I have just screwed something up... But I can't seem to find a way to filter my imported TV out of SMW.

If I choose as filter "DVD & Blu-Ray" - nothing shows up, even my 5 or so backed up DVDs..

I am using Sage 6.6 and BMT 3.1.. Is there an option I am missing in BMT - I am sure it is obvious but I just can't seem to track it down?

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
I have searched the forum, and I know this must be an option and I have just screwed something up... But I can't seem to find a way to filter my imported TV out of SMW.

If I choose as filter "DVD & Blu-Ray" - nothing shows up, even my 5 or so backed up DVDs..

I am using Sage 6.6 and BMT 3.1.. Is there an option I am missing in BMT - I am sure it is obvious but I just can't seem to track it down?

Thanks.
In the universal options uncheck include tv.

Include TV – If on includes TV files in the “None” filter. If off only shows TV files when on TV filter
Old 10-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
try something like this
Code:
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Sage Movie Wall" title="Sage Movie Wall">
    <evalExpression>SetProperty("pluckyhd/SMWHomePage", false)</evalExpression>
    <evalExpression>SetProperty("pluckyhd/SMWViewStyle", "FILE-SYSTEM")</evalExpression>
    <evalExpression>SetProperty("pluckyhd/SMWfilter", "None")</evalExpression>
    <evalExpression>SetProperty("pluckyhd/SMWDisplayListView", false) </evalExpression>
    <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
    <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\PATH\\TO\\FILTER")</evalExpression>
    <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
haven't tested it out at all so it probably needs some tweaking.. but plucky and i talked about it a couple months ago and you should be able to get it working

i use a similar method for the default vid library to load some menus with a list view and others with an icon view
Thank you much, was just what I was looking for.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
First I am goingto say your two movies are getting named the same by bmt and that could me tv issue.

On the other note did you perform all transformations for smw and all scaling and make sure they both finished and then restart client or server?
Is this something that has to be done every time you add new movies or just after the initial install of smw?