SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
okay I will look at it and bug it if I can recreate I am also looking into the speed issue on the unwatched filter.
Thanks!
Old 10-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Using File System View?
Yes I am.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiceman1973 View Post
Yes I am.
Do you get the same experience using the default sagemc video library and file-system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrd View Post
I wanted to use Movie Wall to browse my movies which are organized into various folders. I thought the sort by "file-system" option would let me browse them by folder, but that doesn't seem to work (choosing that option just shows no movies at all, not no folders or anything else either, just an empty list). Am I doing something wrong, or does it not work that way?
Yes that is how is should work what do you get using the default sagemc video library.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Sage User

Hi,

I just upgraded to 4.01 from 4.00 and now I have one TV episode showing up in my Sage Movie Wall. This isn't an imported TV episode, but rather a regular Sage Recording. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't have any of the filters set off or anything like that.

-RL

MeinMaui - SageMC ** stuckless - Phoenix & BMT ** PLUCKYHD - Sage Movie Wall ** razrsharpe - TVExplorer ** Slugger - SJQ, SRE and SageAlert ** bialio - Advanced Mini Guide
Old 10-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Sage User

I am also having the same issue. If I select All Videos everything shows up but if I select File System I get nothing at all. This occurs in all views. Everything works great when I use the default SageMC videos screen. Everything worked fine in SMW until 4.01. Is there a link to the 4.00 download version.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Those having a issue with file system view open options up and make sure you are running version 1.44 of phoenix I am thinking that is the issue
Old 10-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Sage User

Also,

I noticed that Clerks II gets organized before Clerks on the wall. Is that as intended?

-RL

MeinMaui - SageMC ** stuckless - Phoenix & BMT ** PLUCKYHD - Sage Movie Wall ** razrsharpe - TVExplorer ** Slugger - SJQ, SRE and SageAlert ** bialio - Advanced Mini Guide
Old 10-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Those having a issue with file system view open options up and make sure you are running version 1.44 of phoenix I am thinking that is the issue
I downloaded and applied the 1.44 version. It looks like things are back to normal. I guess I should have read in the notification thread that 1.44 is required. Would have saved a lot of headaches.

I also wanted to take a few seconds and thank you for all your hard work on this. It has really increased the WAF and I couldn't be happier.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
it was at 1 gig, so i just upped it to 2. i'll report back
2 gig was stupid. It made it even more unstable (but I should have realized that).

So, should I re-run the transformations? I created my own menu option called "MOVIES" instead of using a custom screen for the "My Videos" section. That wouldn't seem to make a difference, would it?
Old 10-12-2009, 06:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
2 gig was stupid. It made it even more unstable (but I should have realized that).

So, should I re-run the transformations? I created my own menu option called "MOVIES" instead of using a custom screen for the "My Videos" section. That wouldn't seem to make a difference, would it?
Yes 2gb is bad idea . Did you let the transformations finish first ? I recomend doing them on your server and watching the sagetv process to see when it is complete not ideal but works.

Making a custom screen shouldn't/doesn't have any affect
Old 10-12-2009, 06:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdodge View Post
Also,

I noticed that Clerks II gets organized before Clerks on the wall. Is that as intended?

-RL
clerks ii should be second got me there I don't have any movies with numerical after it like that to check.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMO View Post
I downloaded and applied the 1.44 version. It looks like things are back to normal. I guess I should have read in the notification thread that 1.44 is required. Would have saved a lot of headaches.

I also wanted to take a few seconds and thank you for all your hard work on this. It has really increased the WAF and I couldn't be happier.
Glad to hear and thanks.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yes 2gb is bad idea . Did you let the transformations finish first ? I recomend doing them on your server and watching the sagetv process to see when it is complete not ideal but works.

Making a custom screen shouldn't/doesn't have any affect
I don't set up my server instance of WHS to reflect all of my SageMC/SMW changes I make on the HD-200, so if I only have one Hd-200 and my server is on WHS and I run it overnight on the HD-200, I should be good, right (as far as letting the transformations complete)?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't set up my server instance of WHS to reflect all of my SageMC/SMW changes I make on the HD-200, so if I only have one Hd-200 and my server is on WHS and I run it overnight on the HD-200, I should be good, right (as far as letting the transformations complete)?
correct should be good.

I think this may be an issue with some I may stop it from running in the background to make sure people finish.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
correct should be good.

I think this may be an issue with some I may stop it from running in the background to make sure people finish.
And just to be clear, while it is running in the background, I should make sure I'm not doing anything else until it completes?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
And just to be clear, while it is running in the background, I should make sure I'm not doing anything else until it completes?
Correct. If you try you could/will lockup the extender or make it shutdown.

Also I recomend shuting down the extender and restarting the service on the server after something this processor intense. (also I still recomend doing them on the server as it is faster but you don't have to)
Old 10-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Correct. If you try you could/will lockup the extender or make it shutdown.

Also I recomend shuting down the extender and restarting the service on the server after something this processor intense. (also I still recomend doing them on the server as it is faster but you don't have to)
Is there a way to trigger it on the server without loading SMW on the WHS instance of Sage?

edit: now that my brain is thinking clearly, this isn't anything more than loading my currently used .xml stv file on the WHS instance and then running the transformations from there, right? Is that what you mean by "running it on the server"?

Last edited by ohpleaseno; 10-12-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there a way to trigger it on the server without loading SMW on the WHS instance of Sage?
no
Old 10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
edit: now that my brain is thinking clearly, this isn't anything more than loading my currently used .xml stv file on the WHS instance and then running the transformations from there, right? Is that what you mean by "running it on the server"?
yes thats what he means
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

So I did that, but the scaling and transformations only lasted about 3 seconds each (I was watching my processor usage). Was it supposed to last longer than that? I'm assuming then that all of the transformations and scaling was done right thefirst time.