SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aflat View Post
I finally convinced the wife to be able to use this addon fulltime, but I was trying to do 2 more things.
1. How do I change the font size in list view? It's a tiny bit small for me.
2. The left on back seems a bit broken in list view, when viewing files in folders. So I go to Tvshows->News-> then there are episodes here, when I hit left(from the episode folder), it jumps to Tvshows, and I have to hit left again, where it refreshes Tvshows, then left again to go back to the main Sage menu. Small issue, but since converting from Tivo left as back is my wifes way of traversing.

Other then those 2 very minor issues, this looks great!
1. Not possible in current version unless you do it in studio
2. That is as intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuDave42 View Post
Is there any more documentation on how to use the Filters and Tags?

I have many DVDs and BluRays I have ripped down, then assembled into 1 movie file each. As far as I can tell the Filter Blu-Ray Filter only applies to movie ripped into a directory tree, not the approach I have used. Therefore the blu-ray rips do not show up as Blu-Ray in the filter. I must be misunderstanding how this works?

Thanks
you can try the tagging menu but yes in its current iteration it only reconizes native blu ray rips. The tagging will not make it display the blu ray covers though this will be a new feature in v5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFusion View Post
Hi,

I just set up SMW. Very nice indeed, many thanks for the effort!!!

I have a small "issue" -- when using the wall and going up/down pages (using channel), I find that only the last visited page seems to be cached.

That is, say I have 3 pages of movies, when first starting SMW and going to page two (from one), there is a pause and then the wall scrolls. Going back to 1 scrolls back immediately, and same with going back to 2 again. Going to screen 3 there is again a pause before scrolling -- but going back to 2 is instant scrolling (as is going back to 3).

Then, going back to 1 (via 2), there is again a pause before the wall scrolls.

So, it feels like only one page worth of covers (the 'previous' page) is cached, and that other pages need to be re-rendered every time.

I have a similar experience just scrolling up & down a line at a time, but page-at-a-time takes much longer, so the experience is worse. Flipping back & forth ends up being frustrating as you then tend to overshoot etc.

Is there any way to up the number of cached pages, or even pre-cache more (all) of the rendering, so that scrolling is as smooth as it is going back-and-forth between two pages?

Current config is latest stable versions of SageMC, SMW, and BMT, v1.4 of Phoenix API, fast dual processor box as headless server, several HD200s. Java heap memory upped to 1GB (only a couple of hundred MB currently in use). I did all the prescaling and transforms as per install instructions.

Many thanks again!
this is got to be a limitation by your setup. I don't contol how many pages are cached that is all control by how much cache your system/extender has. My hd200s keep all the pages cached after scrolling once. Anyone else seeing this? Also try bumping your rows/columns down as I think it is a memory issue.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
1. Not possible in current version unless you do it in studio
2. That is as intended.
1. I figured, but had to check.
2. Intended? I'm just confused, so don't pay me much mind. It gives me the same menu twice. I hit back, it goes to TvShows, then hit left again, and it shows the same menu again. I figured when you hit left it would go to News. Or if it went to TvShows, then I hit left again, it would go to the menu, not reload the Tvshows menu.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
this is got to be a limitation by your setup. I don't contol how many pages are cached that is all control by how much cache your system/extender has. My hd200s keep all the pages cached after scrolling once. Anyone else seeing this? Also try bumping your rows/columns down as I think it is a memory issue.
Thanks for the rapid response. Much better SLA than many major software companies

Can you please tell me, what version of firmware do your HD200s run (and what hardware revision if there is one), what number of rows/columns have you used, and how many videos do you have online?

Also, is there any particular setup you've done elsewhere as to caching / HD200 config / etc which might have helped?

Failing that, can you please put your HD200s in a box and send them to me, I'll PM you the shipping address
Old 11-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Sage User

Menu/Filters?

I have my menu setup to use filters to go directly to a subfolder in SMW. Is there a way to set up my menu xml so I can have different views? I'd like to use Filesystem view with TV Shows and Alphabetical with everything else.

Thanks

My current menu is below:

Code:
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Sage Movie Wall" title="HD Videos">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "D:\\shares\\Videos\\_HD Movies")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
	<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my tv.png" screen="Sage Movie Wall" title="TV Shows">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "D:\\shares\\Videos\\_Television")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
Old 11-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Sage Icon

im pretty sure this post will help you get there...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...972#post382972
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Sage User

Thanks. I assume then,that the menu xml can be used to modify many/all of the setting in the sageclient.properties file.

BTW- Great plugin.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse34521 View Post
Thanks. I assume then,that the menu xml can be used to modify many/all of the setting in the sageclient.properties file.

BTW- Great plugin.
yup using the SetProperty template you should be able to set most/all settings in the .properties file. I do something similar to modify the views of the default video library.

dynamic menus (the menu.xml file) is actually incredibly powerful... inside the <evalexpression></evalexpression> you are essentially executing a line of studio logic. So theoretically you could do a whole lot more then set properties... not that you'd want to too because its just easier to do that in studio most of the time but its nice that you can
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Sage User

So I've read the entire thread to see if its been addressed, but I couldn't find the following addressed. Is this possible?

For TV shows, I am using Folder View which works great on the top level. Once I drill down, it still works except that the files displayed are being displayed as their filename. So in many cases, the season number/episode number/episode name is cut off. So in some cases, I have a list of files tat looks like: Arrested.Development.S0... or Knowing.Me.Knowing.You.Wi...

Is there any way to have the drop down display the meta title (or some other met field) even when in Folder View?

(If I set the drill down to the ALL-VIDEOS view, it shows every file in the TV folder, not just the TV show subdirectory,so that didn't work).

Or i there something in my setup that is wrong.

Thanks again.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse34521 View Post
So I've read the entire thread to see if its been addressed, but I couldn't find the following addressed. Is this possible?

For TV shows, I am using Folder View which works great on the top level. Once I drill down, it still works except that the files displayed are being displayed as their filename. So in many cases, the season number/episode number/episode name is cut off. So in some cases, I have a list of files tat looks like: Arrested.Development.S0... or Knowing.Me.Knowing.You.Wi...

Is there any way to have the drop down display the meta title (or some other met field) even when in Folder View?

(If I set the drill down to the ALL-VIDEOS view, it shows every file in the TV folder, not just the TV show subdirectory,so that didn't work).

Or i there something in my setup that is wrong.

Thanks again.
it is showing the mediatitle you can do one of two things change the mask in BMI (not recomended) or use TVE for your tv as it is more meant for tve then SMW in it's current iteration is.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:48 AM

I believe it is actually showing the filename. I modified the Mask in BMT and it displayed the way I wanted. However, after updates to sagemc the filename was displayed instead. I now that a change has been made to Sagemc to fix this problem.

SageMc v6.3.9b_17

* Video Library: Media title now displayed instead of file name in filesystem view
* Removable media popup dialog ported from default STV

Hope this helps.

This is a great addon PLUCKYHD
Old 11-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Sage User

Yes, it showing the filename as I did make the change to the meta in BMT and reimported, with no difference.

I will updated SageMC to see if that fixes it.

Thanks.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:00 PM

I loaded the new sagemc, and it fix the problem in sagemc Video Library. However, SMW still showed the Filename.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by potoole View Post
I believe it is actually showing the filename. I modified the Mask in BMT and it displayed the way I wanted. However, after updates to sagemc the filename was displayed instead. I now that a change has been made to Sagemc to fix this problem.

SageMc v6.3.9b_17

* Video Library: Media title now displayed instead of file name in filesystem view
* Removable media popup dialog ported from default STV

Hope this helps.

This is a great addon PLUCKYHD
Those changes don't affect SMW as it is independent stvi of sagemc. I am not sure I guess what people are seeing if this is in tv files it will take a change of code for me to show how tv files should be shown (ie episodenames).

Do people really use SMW for TV over TVE?
Old 11-02-2009, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Those changes don't affect SMW as it is independent stvi of sagemc. I am not sure I guess what people are seeing if this is in tv files it will take a change of code for me to show how tv files should be shown (ie episodenames).

Not me. TVE and SMW have made sage finally function the way I wanted. Now if I only had a music wall... (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, knowwhatImean?)
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
IIRC you copied the sagemc code from 6.3.9_b12 to fix the file system view? I think the issue people are referring to is the file system view in b12 vs. b17, so SMW code should be updated to the new code from sagemc 6.3.9_b17

Quote:
no but then im slightly biased in my opinion
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Until version 2 of TVE or Ortus (whichever comes first) i use SMW for my TV files . . .
Old 11-03-2009, 09:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Until version 2 of TVE or Ortus (whichever comes first) i use SMW for my TV files . . .
hmmm Sage Media Wall sounds like what you need....
Old 11-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
hmmm Sage Media Wall sounds like what you need....
Interesting, care to expand on Sage Media Wall? Are you teasing new stvi's with no screenshots? for shame
Old 11-03-2009, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Interesting, care to expand on Sage Media Wall? Are you teasing new stvi's with no screenshots? for shame
I would never ever do such a thing
Old 11-03-2009, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I would never ever do such a thing
Would this media wall include music?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.