SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Would this media wall include music?
Is Music considered media
Old 11-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Sage Expert

May I humbly request... Search?

The only negative I've gotten on SMW here is the lack of search within the screens.

We have virtually all of Good Eats, for instance, on the system. I like to cook and have a touchscreen on the wall in the kitchen. I will search for a specific thing within my Good Eats collection and play it on the screen in the kitchen when I need to learn a recipe or something.

It's the ONLY complaint my wife has about SMW or Sage for that matter.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

If we ask real nice what are the chances of getting some screenshots . . .
Old 11-04-2009, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
May I humbly request... Search?

The only negative I've gotten on SMW here is the lack of search within the screens.

We have virtually all of Good Eats, for instance, on the system. I like to cook and have a touchscreen on the wall in the kitchen. I will search for a specific thing within my Good Eats collection and play it on the screen in the kitchen when I need to learn a recipe or something.

It's the ONLY complaint my wife has about SMW or Sage for that matter.
Noted and already taken into account

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
If we ask real nice what are the chances of getting some screenshots . . .
about as good a chance as ortus being released this week....

I have said about all I am going to say about it at the time (more than I wanted/should have) and really plan on keeping it underwraps until release. Just know I have every intention of putting current SageMovieWall to sleep/shame. (yes for those of you keeping up I am in competition with myself )
Old 11-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Will this media wall include the WAF plugin for TV shows that you provided screenshots for in another thread?

I hope so!!!

Dan
Old 11-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Gotcha, if its gonna best the SMW then I am happy to wait until its fully baked! Can't wait for Ortus as well!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Sage User

I am having some issues with slow fanart and transitions. The server its running off is old so it may be that, but I know there are settings that can be changed to increase performance. I searched for a thread but it was impossible.

Does anyone have a guide to changing settings the get SMW to perform fastest?

Also, is there a way to force SMW to convert/scale fanart? SMW did its conversion but I don't think it got everything. I'd like to run it again but I can't figure out how to get the menu to pop up.

Thanks.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Noted and already taken into account
Why am I not surprised
Old 11-04-2009, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse34521 View Post
I am having some issues with slow fanart and transitions. The server its running off is old so it may be that, but I know there are settings that can be changed to increase performance. I searched for a thread but it was impossible.

Does anyone have a guide to changing settings the get SMW to perform fastest?

Also, is there a way to force SMW to convert/scale fanart? SMW did its conversion but I don't think it got everything. I'd like to run it again but I can't figure out how to get the menu to pop up.

Thanks.
Make sure fast scroll options is on.

To perform transformations again the scaling menu can be reached via the homepage options menu.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

A couple of quirks

Unbelievable the work the Ortus team has put into adding on to SageTV. Wow. Thanks to all of you.

I've slowly added everything I need to my server to get SMW up and running. I do have it running now but I've hit a couple of quirks. I actually read this whole thread (slow day at the office) and saw these quirks appear from time to time but I didn't find a solution that fixed it for me.

Quirk 1: File system sort. I am finding I can drill down into some folders but not others, for example in a folder with 14 movies when I select the folder it plays the first video in the folder. It's doing this for 3/4 of the folders for all wall views except 'Next to come'. Note that when I use 'Next to come' the 'broken' folders also show the 0:00 in the right side time column of the list where as the 'working' folders show the total time of all movies in the folder.

Quirk 2: When I use the 'Next to come' view, when the I first go to the wall, it loads blank. I have to navigate up or down to get it to populate.

I'm running SageMC 6.3.9b_17, Phoenix 1.44, SMW 4.01, BMT 3.04.

Help much appreciated!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Sage User

Custom Tagging question

This might seem like a silly question, but is there any information about how to use the custom tagging feature? On my network server I have all my movies in one folder and my TV shows in another folder with each TV show having their own subdirectory. Whenever I switched to your plugin it displays all 1350 video files without grouping them. I tried to use the tagging feature to tag my 300 movies, but couldn't get it to work. Here is what I tried to do:

1. Clicked the "Custom Tag Edits" button from the menu.
2. Left the Current Group as Movies and clicked the "Search" button.
3. Clicked the "ShowResults" button.
4. It displays all 1324 video files and after a LOT of clicking I remove everything but the movies from the list.
5. I then click "Add all to grouping" button and to my dismay nothing happened

Maybe I am confused on how to work this, but is this the correct way to tag movies? Ideally I would like to be able to only use SMW for movies, but I thought the tagging would solve my problem. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaloney View Post
This might seem like a silly question, but is there any information about how to use the custom tagging feature? On my network server I have all my movies in one folder and my TV shows in another folder with each TV show having their own subdirectory. Whenever I switched to your plugin it displays all 1350 video files without grouping them. I tried to use the tagging feature to tag my 300 movies, but couldn't get it to work. Here is what I tried to do:

1. Clicked the "Custom Tag Edits" button from the menu.
2. Left the Current Group as Movies and clicked the "Search" button.
3. Clicked the "ShowResults" button.
4. It displays all 1324 video files and after a LOT of clicking I remove everything but the movies from the list.
5. I then click "Add all to grouping" button and to my dismay nothing happened

Maybe I am confused on how to work this, but is this the correct way to tag movies? Ideally I would like to be able to only use SMW for movies, but I thought the tagging would solve my problem. Any ideas?

Thanks!
There are better easier ways are you using bmt? If so just go IMO sage movie wall options and uncheck include tv and it will not show any tv files

as for your tagging you need to set a tag name before adding
Old 11-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_ferrets View Post
Unbelievable the work the Ortus team has put into adding on to SageTV. Wow. Thanks to all of you.

I've slowly added everything I need to my server to get SMW up and running. I do have it running now but I've hit a couple of quirks. I actually read this whole thread (slow day at the office) and saw these quirks appear from time to time but I didn't find a solution that fixed it for me.

Quirk 1: File system sort. I am finding I can drill down into some folders but not others, for example in a folder with 14 movies when I select the folder it plays the first video in the folder. It's doing this for 3/4 of the folders for all wall views except 'Next to come'. Note that when I use 'Next to come' the 'broken' folders also show the 0:00 in the right side time column of the list where as the 'working' folders show the total time of all movies in the folder.

Quirk 2: When I use the 'Next to come' view, when the I first go to the wall, it loads blank. I have to navigate up or down to get it to populate.

I'm running SageMC 6.3.9b_17, Phoenix 1.44, SMW 4.01, BMT 3.04.

Help much appreciated!
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Still no luck.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_ferrets View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Still no luck.
1. Are you running latest 4.01 version of SMW and at least 1.44 of phoenix? Are your video files inside the folder names the same or different can I get a example of a folder you are trying to drilldown to?

2. Yeah there are quirks in what's to come it is not fully supported so it is kind of a use at your own risk more meant to be a preview of where SMW was/might be headed.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
1. Are you running latest 4.01 version of SMW and at least 1.44 of phoenix? Are your video files inside the folder names the same or different can I get a example of a folder you are trying to drilldown to?

2. Yeah there are quirks in what's to come it is not fully supported so it is kind of a use at your own risk more meant to be a preview of where SMW was/might be headed.
Yes I am running SMW 4.01 and Phoenix 1.44. File structure examples:

Works: \\WHS\Videos\Movies\Sci-Fi & Fantasy\Movie1\Video TS

This above folder is properly recognized.

Doesn't work: \\WHS\Videos\Movies\Drama\Movie1\Video TS

In this folder I have eight movies, one of them being Downfall. When I use file structure view it does not allow me to drill down into this folder rather it simply shows me the movie info for Downfall (unless of course I use the Next to Come view). There are three folder like this. Interestingly, the run time for all of the movies in each of these folders is 0 min.

Thanks for your help PluckyHD!

Last edited by dead_ferrets; 11-08-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok... I figured it out. SMW doesn't appear to like some folder names? If I change Drama to Drama Movies. All is well.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:16 PM

2 issues

SageMC 6.9.3a
BMT 3.1
SMW4R1.01

Thanks for the awesome looking plugin.
1. I have all of my videos being listed in on the wall and I am unable to play any of the videos. I have tried almost every view with no luck. Can someone point out what I have done wrong?

2. I have many menus that have "ref>>{PRQST-1210134}" or something similar instead of actual choices. Again what may have gone wrong to cause this?

Setabs
Old 11-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by setabs View Post
SageMC 6.9.3a
BMT 3.1
SMW4R1.01

1. I have all of my videos being listed in on the wall and I am unable to play any of the videos. I have tried almost every view with no luck. Can someone point out what I have done wrong?
Setabs
I don't mean to sound like a smart-ass but have you tried the play button? This threw me for a loop when I first installed SMW as I couldn't figured out how to get a movie to play either... You can change this by pressing options and configuring your movie wall settings.

Can't help with #2, sorry.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by setabs View Post
SageMC 6.9.3a
BMT 3.1
SMW4R1.01

2. I have many menus that have "ref>>{PRQST-1210134}" or something similar instead of actual choices. Again what may have gone wrong to cause this?

Setabs
1. What dead ferrets said. You can change the select option to go to info or play the movie directly or you can hit play

2. Is it on the far right menu. That would be the BMT pluging which means you don't have it imported.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question Change Black Background

I've been looking for this answer but am unable to find it in this thread...maybe I overlooked it.

I'm trying to change the default black background to an image so that it has the same look/feel as the rest of SageMC. Is this a .properties setting or a menu option?

I really do like the dark black so changing SageMC to black. Either way I'd like them to be the same across all screens.

Can this be done?

I really hope the newest version of Sage incorporates this STVi - it's great.

AWS