SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post

Where you sure and extracted the complete zip on the server? It sounds like the jars didn't get loaded that is why I ask. If you load SMW before BMT plugin there will be one menu item garbled. If you are not running plugin it doesn't matter. Remember just because everything is extracted right on the client doesn't mean it is on the server they are completely independent as far as jars and such.
That was the next thing I was going to check. But I extracted the zip, then copied it to the server, then copied it to the client, so they should be the same. I was installing BMT, then SMW, or only SMW without BMT. Either way, I was getting the garbled menus. The scaling menu was also having issues has it was almost 100% transparent and the highlighted/selection box was missing so I could tell what option I was on, and the scaling menu would repeat itself also after I clicked to scale or transform.

I'm going to reinstall SMW and see if that fixes it, but I just havn't had time to to do it with the holidays. Hopefully I can tonight and will report back.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Where you sure and extracted the complete zip on the server? It sounds like the jars didn't get loaded that is why I ask. If you load SMW before BMT plugin there will be one menu item garbled. If you are not running plugin it doesn't matter. Remember just because everything is extracted right on the client doesn't mean it is on the server they are completely independent as far as jars and such.
I just verified the install, and reinstalled SMW in case I missed something. Still having the same problem. I think I'm going to just wipe the server clean and start fresh again as I can't figure out what is causing the problem.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesee150 View Post
I just verified the install, and reinstalled SMW in case I missed something. Still having the same problem. I think I'm going to just wipe the server clean and start fresh again as I can't figure out what is causing the problem.
I am guessing you problably have an old gk jar are you making sure and overwriting when extracting the smw zip?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Feature request/ issues that need addressed will now be handled by Google code. This will allow me to better track and handle feature request made by you guys as well as issues. Using the first page didn't seem to help.

Note: the googlecode source shows SageMediaManager as that will be the ui replacement for SMW but please post all current request/issues/ideas etc there. I have already forgotten allot of what people wanted so please post to make sure it gets my attention. Hopefully this will better help to do what is needed/wanted and get issues fixed faster on my part after verification.

GoogleCodeSourceSite

Also please use this for request of SageMediaManage (what you would like to have/see that isn't currently in Sagetv or SMW)

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 11-30-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry if this been answered before but their are just too many pages (50+) to go through. I have two questions with this plug in which is great by the way.

1) I currently use the default SageMC and organize my videos. I use file system view. When I tried to use file system view and movie wall view it just gave me a blank screen. Does file system view work with SMW or am I just doing it wrong?

2) Is there a way that when you select my videos that it automatically goes to whatever SMW screen you want or does it always have to load the homepage?

Thanks.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD

Last edited by chrisc983; 12-01-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
Sorry if this been answered before but their are just too many pages (50+) to go through. I have two questions with this plug in which is great by the way.

1) I currently use the default SageMC and organize my videos. I use file system view. When I tried to use file system view and movie wall view it just gave me a blank screen. Does file system view work with SMW or am I just doing it wrong?

2) Is there a way that when you select my videos that it automatically goes to whatever SMW screen you want or does it always have to load the homepage?

Thanks.
1. Those pics are both of the default but yes SMW does work with File-system view make sure you are running the latest sagemc beta and phoenix 1.44 or later

2. You can go into universal options and turn of the homepage on load to go directly to SMW.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the quick reply. Where are the universal options located?

Also I currently use WHS with mymovies to download cover and metadata. Could I theoreticaly keep on using that and then use the other plug in that converts the .jpeg to the format that SMW uses? Phoniex is just used for the cover art, fan art, and metadata, correct??
Old 12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Where are the universal options located?

Also I currently use WHS with mymovies to download cover and metadata. Could I theoreticaly keep on using that and then use the other plug in that converts the .jpeg to the format that SMW uses? Phoniex is just used for the cover art, fan art, and metadata, correct??
Go to Wall options then pane left or right until you get to universal

That is fine phoenix is an api that is required (coding) for the images to work correctly. But yes you can use BMI in with Mymovies for all your needs.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok after I updated the latest version of SageMC filesystem view is working but not exactly of what I would of hoped.

This is okay here even though its not too scale. When I select one of the folders on my previous set up it would show me the genre folders. SMW does this but shows it only it list view as shown below. Is this just the way it works or can it be configured that once it selects a parent folder the subfolders are also displayed in wall view?

Also for the life of me I can't find the universal options. Thanks again.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok after I updated the latest version of SageMC filesystem view is working but not exactly of what I would of hoped.

This is okay here even though its not too scale. When I select one of the folders on my previous set up it would show me the genre folders. SMW does this but shows it only it list view as shown below. Is this just the way it works or can it be configured that once it selects a parent folder the subfolders are also displayed in wall view?

Also for the life of me I can't find the universal options. Thanks again.
List view drill down is default you can change it to drill down into any view you like again in the universal options

pull up options from the wall go to wall options that will default to the options for the view you are at hit left or right until you are in universal options. There you will find drill down and homepage on load and many other options
Old 12-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm starting to like SMW more and more. Thanks for the help. Now one last request/question. On my previous set up I was able to show a particular image for each genre. Am I able to do this with SMW? Thanks again.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm starting to like SMW more and more. Thanks for the help. Now one last request/question. On my previous set up I was able to show a particular image for each genre. Am I able to do this with SMW? Thanks again.
Are they actually genres or do you have folders with genre names?
Old 12-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

They are actual folders that I named genres and not the default genres. I then place the folders that contain the movies into each folder since I have made custom genres.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Are they actually genres or do you have folders with genre names?
Let me speak further genres=categories in SMW

Search = Quick Categories

Which brings up quick categories at the bottom of the screen to filter by

There is also a categories view/option in the homepage (you really should use the homepage it is very dynamic for drilling down large collections) You can do actors and such

but of course you can do that from the wall as well.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
They are actual folders that I named genres and not the default genres. I then place the folders that contain the movies into each folder since I have made custom genres.
Yeah if they are folders you are out of luck the current SMW will show the first fanart within the folder this will change in SMM though.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yeah if they are folders you are out of luck the current SMW will show the first fanart within the folder this will change in SMM though.
sorry whats SMM?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
sorry whats SMM?
Sage Media Manager.... Plucky's replacement for SMW... from what i understand its in very early stages right now
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-03-2009, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Sage Media Manager.... Plucky's replacement for SMW... from what i understand its in very early stages right now
Razor is correct. Early stages is an understatement I am rewriting from the bottom up and time is short right now with holidays and work. Hope to get free time after new years to devote to it.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Consolidated Movie View?

Sorry if I've missed it, but I have gone through this entire thread and its still not clear to me if SMW provides a single consolidated view of all Movies on a Sage system?

What I'm looking for out of this plugin a is a single combined view off all the imported videos (movies) + the SageMC Recorded TV list w/ Movies filter applied ... ie a single consolidated "movie list" on the system.

P.S. Doesn't it seem obvious to anyone else that the "Send to" function in Sage let you move the content in recorded tv to the Videos library and vice versa? just me I guess....
Old 12-05-2009, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xred View Post
Sorry if I've missed it, but I have gone through this entire thread and its still not clear to me if SMW provides a single consolidated view of all Movies on a Sage system?

What I'm looking for out of this plugin a is a single combined view off all the imported videos (movies) + the SageMC Recorded TV list w/ Movies filter applied ... ie a single consolidated "movie list" on the system.

P.S. Doesn't it seem obvious to anyone else that the "Send to" function in Sage let you move the content in recorded tv to the Videos library and vice versa? just me I guess....
Currently it does not import movies in from recorded tv but will in SMM.