SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
That is a weird one what do you mean by online content? Does it show up on the wall as well or only in recent?
i think he means content from playon, other sage online content, etc...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
i think he means content from playon, other sage online content, etc...
thats correct. it shows up in recent and not in the wall that i'm aware of. is there anyway to limit the recent items to movies? thanks.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan15 View Post
thats correct. it shows up in recent and not in the wall that i'm aware of. is there anyway to limit the recent items to movies? thanks.
Wierd i will give the code a look I must be calling different files there as it only should be movies. mind looking at the first page and logging it on my googlecode site so I don't forget
Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

After edit, movie is displayed at the next node up

Applogize if this in the thread somewhere. I have looked but did not see the answer.

After I edit some metadata, the movie displays itself in the next layer up in the SMWl display hierarchy. I use Sort: File System, Grid view, no filter, Drilldown: List view to group my movies. With the following file system layout:
Movies (this contains my BDs)
Movies\DVDs (this is my DVDs)
Movies\DVDs - Children (these are DVDs for children)
Movies\Home Movies (obivious)

I typically see a horizontal list of my BDs, one of which is DVDs (239 movies), one for Home Movies, etc. If I select the DVDs cover, I see a list of all of my DVDs. Sounds right so far...

The problem: When I make a change to the metabase of a DVD, it nows displays in horiztonal list of my BDs - it moved up a layer. The actual movie file is still in the correct file location.

I have looked at the metadata via BMT. I see movies that have not moved show a Title: DVDs\Beerfest. The Title on a moved movie does not have the DVDs\ prefix. After addiing it and saving, the movie does NOT move back to it's rightful position. Even after rescan, the "edited" movie appears the top layer of the tree.

How do I get them to appear in the correct postion in the hierarchy? Maybe a bug, probably something I am doing? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Sage Icon

@MailbuDave... what version of SageMC are you Running? and what version of the phoenix.api? This sounds suspiciously like the SageMC / BMT / phoenix bug..... Make sure you are running phoenix 1.44 or later...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Any chance there exists a hot key that would allow me to scroll through the different categories (action, horror, family, etc)? Thanks.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan15 View Post
Any chance there exists a hot key that would allow me to scroll through the different categories (action, horror, family, etc)? Thanks.
Seach button will bring up the categories across the bottom. You can also change in the options menu to dynamically update them on your screen as you scroll through them.

cheers
Old 02-22-2010, 03:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sometimes Multiple Episodes Now Shown

Sometimes when I import a few episodes of a show at once, SMW will only recognize one of them. So if I import three episodes of Caprica, Caprica S01E0X.avi (where X is the episode number), SMW *should* show the coverart then with a caption of "3 Videos". I click on the coverart to select which episode I want to see and instead of showing a thumbnail for each of the three episodes it displays the details of just one - as if the other two do not exist.

Any ideas why this happens? It doens't happen all the time and I can't figure out what triggers it but it does. . . ?

Thanks,
AWS
Old 02-22-2010, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS View Post
Sometimes when I import a few episodes of a show at once, SMW will only recognize one of them. So if I import three episodes of Caprica, Caprica S01E0X.avi (where X is the episode number), SMW *should* show the coverart then with a caption of "3 Videos". I click on the coverart to select which episode I want to see and instead of showing a thumbnail for each of the three episodes it displays the details of just one - as if the other two do not exist.

Any ideas why this happens? It doens't happen all the time and I can't figure out what triggers it but it does. . . ?

Thanks,
AWS
Not unless it is just simply because Sage hasn't finished importing them all yet or BMT is still working on getting it's info. That is the only reason I can see that happening.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Not unless it is just simply because Sage hasn't finished importing them all yet or BMT is still working on getting it's info. That is the only reason I can see that happening.
Sounds about right. I don't have home Internet so I tether my phone to the Sage box for any metadata, EPG, or updates. Sometimes the tethering gets interrupted by an incoming call or SMS. I'll hook it up again and try restarting the metadata search. Thanks for your help!

UPDATE: yup, that was it. I just reconnected the phone and initiated the update. Works as it should. Thanks.

AWS

Last edited by AWS; 02-22-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just got SMW and BMT installed a few days ago. Like the look of it for sure. A problems I have ran into.

1) Backed up my Bluray version of Star Trek 2009 edition. Fanart is showing a quarter of the screen green the other 3 quarters of the screen black. I went into fanart options and tried changing the background to 1 of the 4 fanart background options. The background does change, however when i scroll up and down though my movies and come back to Star Trek it is back to the old fanart. Is there something I am missing on this?

2) I am using the serentity theme for sagmc, when scrolling through my movies using smw there a slight delay for the fanart to show up. It will show the serenity background till the fanart loads. Is there a way to speed this up?

3) When I first go into smw it will list my movies but the screen will be black untill i scroll up or down through the movie list. Any way to fix this?

4) Lastly I am getting a runtime of 0: min on several dvd backups, blurays are correct. I tried editing through BMT web service but to no avail. I did post this problem earlier today, just thought I would post it in this thread.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdiablo View Post
Just got SMW and BMT installed a few days ago. Like the look of it for sure. A problems I have ran into.

1) Backed up my Bluray version of Star Trek 2009 edition. Fanart is showing a quarter of the screen green the other 3 quarters of the screen black. I went into fanart options and tried changing the background to 1 of the 4 fanart background options. The background does change, however when i scroll up and down though my movies and come back to Star Trek it is back to the old fanart. Is there something I am missing on this?

2) I am using the serentity theme for sagmc, when scrolling through my movies using smw there a slight delay for the fanart to show up. It will show the serenity background till the fanart loads. Is there a way to speed this up?

3) When I first go into smw it will list my movies but the screen will be black untill i scroll up or down through the movie list. Any way to fix this?

4) Lastly I am getting a runtime of 0: min on several dvd backups, blurays are correct. I tried editing through BMT web service but to no avail. I did post this problem earlier today, just thought I would post it in this thread.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.
1. This is due to a corrupt downloaded image have seen this before. Either remove the image or chose a different one (ps it will change but requires a restart of sagetv for the change to effect)
2.This is background loading and is intended effect for faster scrolling as backgrounds hog to much resources to load immediately.
3. Never seen this can I get a screencap?
4. Yeah that is a BMt issue don't know if it is resolved yet or not. I believe setting our provider to imdb/themoviedb will fix this on new imports.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the reply. How do I go about getting a screen cap?
Old 03-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. How do I go about getting a screen cap?
printscreen, paste into paint, save as jpg, and upload

or use alt+printscreen to only capture the active window (and not the whole desktop
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here is the screen capture that I get when I first go into SMW:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smw.jpg (57.9 KB, 176 views)
Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Also still cant get the new fanart background for star trek to stick. Even after exit its still there. I have a paid version of DVD profiler would this be a better option for me?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Display Multiple Episodes

Another little setting I can't find is that when I import a lot of episodes (in today's example it was 26 episodes of a show) it correctly counts the number of episodes in the main screen but when I drill down the first layer instead of showing little thumbnails of each episode it shows just one and I have to navigate left/right to select the episode we want to watch. If I import just a few, say 5 or so, it will show all 5 thumbnails. Is this by design, and if so, can I adjust a setting so that it always shows multiple thumbnails?

I tried reimporting a few times and it doesn't change anything.

Thanks
AWS
Old 03-05-2010, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Also still cant get the new fanart background for star trek to stick. Even after exit its still there. I have a paid version of DVD profiler would this be a better option for me?
That shouldn't make a difference. FYI I prefer MyMovies to dvd profiler.

Did you try deleting the fanart that is giving you the troubles?
Old 03-05-2010, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here is the screen capture that I get when I first go into SMW:
I will see if I can reproduce
Old 03-05-2010, 07:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS View Post
Another little setting I can't find is that when I import a lot of episodes (in today's example it was 26 episodes of a show) it correctly counts the number of episodes in the main screen but when I drill down the first layer instead of showing little thumbnails of each episode it shows just one and I have to navigate left/right to select the episode we want to watch. If I import just a few, say 5 or so, it will show all 5 thumbnails. Is this by design, and if so, can I adjust a setting so that it always shows multiple thumbnails?

I tried reimporting a few times and it doesn't change anything.

Thanks
AWS
What drilldown view are you using? Can I get a screenshot of what you are talking about as you lost me a bit there. Are you using BMT on this tv shows or no?