SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey plucky, how do i go about deleting the fanart? I cannot even see this green/black background when I go into the SMW list fanart options. I try the delete images but they still stay.

As for my movies, are you saying that I can set up the SMW to get metadata from mymovies and still get fanart?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdiablo View Post
Hey plucky, how do i go about deleting the fanart? I cannot even see this green/black background when I go into the SMW list fanart options. I try the delete images but they still stay.

As for my movies, are you saying that I can set up the SMW to get metadata from mymovies and still get fanart?
Go into your main fanart directory and delete the fanar that is causing the issue.

BMT support metadata from mymoives at current yes and I believe it will grab it's own fanart. But mymovies support is coming in full read the link on my signature for more information.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the help on this. I went into sagetv/stv3/phoenix/fanart/startrek/background. I do not see the image that is giving me trouble. However I deleted about 4 out of the 5. Went back into SMW into fanart options and selected the 1 that was available. Same thing. Soon as I scoll up and down back to Star Trek the green and black image is there.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the help on this. I went into sagetv/stv3/phoenix/fanart/startrek/background. I do not see the image that is giving me trouble. However I deleted about 4 out of the 5. Went back into SMW into fanart options and selected the 1 that was available. Same thing. Soon as I scoll up and down back to Star Trek the green and black image is there.
Could you send me your properties file please and what version of phoenix are you running?
Old 03-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Here is the properties file. I am using phoenix 1.43.

Regarding my black screen. I noticed if i set smw to "go to smw homepage" then select go to movie wall the fanart appears right away. If I do not select "go to smw home page" i get the list of movies but no fanart untill I scroll up or down.

I cant get the properties file to upload.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hopefully this works
Attached Files
File Type: txt properties.txt (61.1 KB, 174 views)
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here is the properties file. I am using phoenix 1.43.

Regarding my black screen. I noticed if i set smw to "go to smw homepage" then select go to movie wall the fanart appears right away. If I do not select "go to smw home page" i get the list of movies but no fanart untill I scroll up or down.
I will see if I can reproduce this

Quote:
I cant get the properties file to upload.
Send it to me @ SageMyMovies@gmail.com
Old 03-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just wondering why you preffer my movies data base over dvd profiler? I know profiler cost money, however i bought it along time ago.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just wondering why you preffer my movies data base over dvd profiler? I know profiler cost money, however i bought it along time ago.
For me it is it's great multi disc/box support and it's great WHS plugin with automatic ripping and reconizing dvd's automatically.

cheers

ps you can use dvd profiler with BMT
Old 03-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Im getting alittle frustrated on this bmt/ jetty server thing. The first time I installed bmt/jetty/smw it worked. I was able to access the web no problem. Now all of a sudden, I can no longer access the bmt online part. Any ideas what could of changed this?

Also how do I go about using dvd profiler with smw so I am able to get metadata and fanart? or is dvd profiler only to get metadata?

Thanks again
Old 03-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Also how do I go about using dvd profiler with smw so I am able to get metadata and fanart? or is dvd profiler only to get metadata?
only metadata... to get fanart and metadata set the provider in bmt to be dvdprofiler-2 ... which is dvdprofiler for metadata and moviedb for fanart... this is what i use and it works great...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

are you saying the option dvd profiler + themovie db option? if so I have tried this and then gone to fanart/metadata option in smw for a particular title and no title comes up.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
are you saying the option dvd profiler + themovie db option? if so I have tried this and then gone to fanart/metadata option in smw for a particular title and no title comes up.
ya thats the option I'm talking about... Does fanart exist on the disk? are you sure BMT is downloading it?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
ya thats the option I'm talking about... Does fanart exist on the disk? are you sure BMT is downloading it?
I am pretty sure BMT is downloading. If I select imbd + moviedb I get the metadata and fanart. If I then do a dvdprofiler metadata update it will overwrite the data that imbd and movie db got. Howerver I dont think it is getting the high res posters/dvd covers from dvd proliler.

Also as a side note, when I am using smw coverflow. Is there a way on the hd 200 to speed up the scroll speed when flipping through the dvds/blurays?
Old 03-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Sage User

my SMW findings

Hi

I've installed SMW first time yesterday, after digging a bit (not much) around this thread I did not find anyone mentioning them, so here they are:
1. when I switch sorting to 'File System' -- all movies gone. Completely... it is empty and if I fool around it can hangup (but extender responds to power button)
2. in SMW home page option menu if you select 'diaply logos' menu and scroll down to the bottom, menu goes weird, now if you press up -- sage hangs, does not even reposnd to power button -- I have to unplug extender.
3. Couple of times managed to have 1 or two entries in 'Recent' popup -- they end up horribly stretched.
4. Back button behaves totally erratically -- for example I select an actor, then go to wall, it'll show movies with just this actor, now press back -- it jumps to wall with all movies, back again -- we are back at home page. Annoys greatly, considering that I have no idea how to get back to home page other way. Sometimes it goes back when I press UP button on remote, some times I need to do it twice. sometimes it responds in such way to the left button. Very confusing.
5. Is there any 'high level' description of how SMW was envisioned to be used? I have not grasped the concept of these filters -- sometimes they lead to wall screen, sometimes not, sometimes they stay applied after I return to homepage.

Any help?

Michael.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Also as a side note, when I am using smw coverflow. Is there a way on the hd 200 to speed up the scroll speed when flipping through the dvds/blurays?
Make sure you did all your transformations on the first load (can find that scaling menu again in the homepage and make sure you have fast scan on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader View Post
Hi

I've installed SMW first time yesterday, after digging a bit (not much) around this thread I did not find anyone mentioning them, so here they are:
1. when I switch sorting to 'File System' -- all movies gone. Completely... it is empty and if I fool around it can hangup (but extender responds to power button)
2. in SMW home page option menu if you select 'diaply logos' menu and scroll down to the bottom, menu goes weird, now if you press up -- sage hangs, does not even reposnd to power button -- I have to unplug extender.
3. Couple of times managed to have 1 or two entries in 'Recent' popup -- they end up horribly stretched.
4. Back button behaves totally erratically -- for example I select an actor, then go to wall, it'll show movies with just this actor, now press back -- it jumps to wall with all movies, back again -- we are back at home page. Annoys greatly, considering that I have no idea how to get back to home page other way. Sometimes it goes back when I press UP button on remote, some times I need to do it twice. sometimes it responds in such way to the left button. Very confusing.
5. Is there any 'high level' description of how SMW was envisioned to be used? I have not grasped the concept of these filters -- sometimes they lead to wall screen, sometimes not, sometimes they stay applied after I return to homepage.

Any help?

Michael.
Wow allot of comments for not very much time I will try to address them all. In the end if comes down to if you don't like how it works don't use it.

1. This issue has been discussed many times on the forums and I am sure it relates to you not having a. the newest beta of sagemc or b. not having the latest version of the phoenix api.
2. Yes I don't know why that happens but always has and I never have fixed it as it wasn't a major flaw and you are the first to report it to be honest.
3. Don't understand this but it does stretch covers to fit designated areas throughout smw.
4. Back button was designed that way on purpose if you have a filter set the first back clears the filter the second back would then get you back to the homepage. Some screens (like coverflow/3d wall use up as back) as left wouldn't work on those screens so again this is intently done.
5. The filters are dynamic yes and if you set from homescreen they stay set until you hit clear filters. The reason for this is because you can set more than one filter (2 to be exact)

hopefully that helps you understand some.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Sage User

Red face

Hi Pluckyhd,

I'm really enjoying SMW. Learning it slowly but surely and finding it just gets better the more I discover. Thank you for putting this out for us.

I have one item that I have not been able to figure out yet and hoping someone on the thread could give me a hand. I cannot get actors, directors and writer images working - not even the orange icons when there is no image.

The sagetv log is throwing the following exception:
sage.a.e: UNKNOWN METHOD ERROR name=phoenix_api_GetFanartActor args=[null, Alfred Hitchcock]

I have the following install:
STV 6.6.2.218
JRE 1.6.0_18
sagemc STV version: 6.3.9b pr 24
phoenix.jar 1.61
Central Fanart folder: enabled and uses UNC path (there is an Actors subdir).
STV File: sagemc_6_3_9b24-3
BMT 4.0-beta 15
win2003 sp2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Sage Icon

@jtors: venturning a guess here... stuckless changed the Actor fanart code around build 1.56 (i think). Try a build between 1.44 and 1.55. 1.44 is in the sagemc pre-release notification thread... If that is the case then plucky (or someone else) will need to update smw to use the new actor fanart apis (which if i had to venture a guess he is not that excited to do as all his time as spent working on sage MyMovies...)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-13-2010, 08:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
@jtors: venturning a guess here... stuckless changed the Actor fanart code around build 1.56 (i think). Try a build between 1.44 and 1.55. 1.44 is in the sagemc pre-release notification thread... If that is the case then plucky (or someone else) will need to update smw to use the new actor fanart apis (which if i had to venture a guess he is not that excited to do as all his time as spent working on sage MyMovies...)
That would be correct. I knew stuckless changed the actor API but I didn't want to change it in smw and break everyone who was not using that high of Phoenix API. As suggested by razor the best would be to go back Phoenix builds until I get to changing it.

I have a list of small fixes like this I plan on releasing a patch for but waiting for a couple of things to pan out.

Cheers
Old 03-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
In the end if comes down to if you don't like how it works don't use it.
Oh, don't take me wrong -- it is a great plugin, definitely better than one that comes with SageMC. I do not have a lot of free time, so I play with my SageLego on an on-and-off basis, take notes, do some research on forum (but frankly forum is not the best tool to search for well-known-problems if you do not have enough time filtering out unrelated stuff), and then post notes to forum in hope that some good soul answers them.

Quote:
1. This issue has been discussed many times on the forums and I am sure it relates to you not having a. the newest beta of sagemc or b. not having the latest version of the phoenix api.
What do you think needs upgrading:
SageTV: 6.6.2.218
Java: 1.6.0_18
SageMC STV: 6.3.9a
sagemc.jar: 6.38
df_sageutils.jar: 2.2
phoenix.jar: 1.43

Quote:
2. Yes I don't know why that happens but always has and I never have fixed it as it wasn't a major flaw and you are the first to report it to be honest.
Well, it is quite surprising for user to send his unit to deep stupor by few strokes on remote :-). And I think server side did suffer -- after that sagetv service process was having 50% CPU usage until I rebooted it.

Quote:
3. Don't understand this but it does stretch covers to fit designated areas throughout smw.
I think steps to reproduce are:
- set filter that leaves only 1 or 2 entries
- go back to home page (make sure filter is still in effect)
- go to recent menu -- you'll see only your 2 entries there
- ... stretched to fill entire popup window

Quote:
4. Back button was designed that way on purpose if you have a filter set the first back clears the filter the second back would then get you back to the homepage.
Imho it is a bad idea -- it changes fundamental meaning of 'back' button (that is "to go back to previous screen") and therefore creates confusion. What about returning to previous screen, but if it is SMW homepage -- make sure 'Clear' menu is selected, so that user will be able to clear filter if he wanted to with just one stroke?

Quote:
hopefully that helps you understand some.
It did! :-) Thank you.

Michael.