SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Then something is not right it is plenty fast on the hd200 for me and many others. Like I stated it is faster than the default sagemc in all my testing. so it should not require a hardware upgrade.
Hmmm, then what is the first thing I should be looking for? Most likely cause?
Old 04-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I've managed to get mine working (without a re-install of Sage). I've also upgrade to the HD200. The interface is fast(er). It still takes about a half second to a second to flip pages, which is about as fast as SageMC. I think that the SageMC interface would be slower if the same number of movies were displayed on the screen at the same time (i.e. an apples to apples comparison).

The interface is great and closely mimics (visually) that of a Kaleidescape system. My only wish is for the cool sorting options that Kaleidescape offers (i.e. the movie wall changes to show movies closer to the one that you've currently selected). Until then, this interface will do nicely. Thanks Plucky!!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathelo View Post
There are allot of things to look for first check your sagetv\sagetv\cache directory and make sure all the SMW directories are there with cached images in them.

Check you java heap size.

Send me a log of SMW loading so I can see if anything is going on there. (sagemymovies@gmail.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkmanCDN View Post
I've managed to get mine working (without a re-install of Sage). I've also upgrade to the HD200. The interface is fast(er). It still takes about a half second to a second to flip pages, which is about as fast as SageMC. I think that the SageMC interface would be slower if the same number of movies were displayed on the screen at the same time (i.e. an apples to apples comparison).

The interface is great and closely mimics (visually) that of a Kaleidescape system. My only wish is for the cool sorting options that Kaleidescape offers (i.e. the movie wall changes to show movies closer to the one that you've currently selected). Until then, this interface will do nicely. Thanks Plucky!!
1/2 sounds about right to flip a page on hd200. I have minimized this to almost none on SageMyMovies port coming up as long as you don't try to go more pages then I can read ahead .

Would you care to elaborate on what you are referring to in Kaleidescope system? I have seen them but never used one...

cheers
Old 04-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Would you care to elaborate on what you are referring to in Kaleidescope system? I have seen them but never used one...
Sure. The company is called Kaleidescape and they make a DVD storage system, very similar to the SageTV system (i.e. server in basement, clients at TV's). Unfortunately, it only plays music/movies, and doesn't have all the other great things like TV capture, pictures, online videos, etc that SageTV has. The Kaleidescape system also has a base price of $12K. Too rich for my blood.

Their web-site is here: http://www.kaleidescape.com/

You can find a movie on how their reorganizing feature works here: http://www.kaleidescape.com/files/me...ce-640x360.mov

The self reorganizing feature is shown around 1:55 in the long program. I've seen the system in action and it's pretty slick (and fast). Given the buffering capabilities of the HD200, I don't think that it would be too difficult to implement from a graphics capabilities point of view. The behind the scenes sorting algorithm (i.e. which movies show up on the wall) would be a little more difficult.

Have fun!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sure. The company is called Kaleidescape and they make a DVD storage system, very similar to the SageTV system (i.e. server in basement, clients at TV's). Unfortunately, it only plays music/movies, and doesn't have all the other great things like TV capture, pictures, online videos, etc that SageTV has. The Kaleidescape system also has a base price of $12K. Too rich for my blood.

Their web-site is here: http://www.kaleidescape.com/

You can find a movie on how their reorganizing feature works here: http://www.kaleidescape.com/files/me...ce-640x360.mov

The self reorganizing feature is shown around 1:55 in the long program. I've seen the system in action and it's pretty slick (and fast). Given the buffering capabilities of the HD200, I don't think that it would be too difficult to implement from a graphics capabilities point of view. The behind the scenes sorting algorithm (i.e. which movies show up on the wall) would be a little more difficult.

Have fun!
Yeah I am familiar with that system (overpriced as it is) . To me there is nothing unique there. The shuffling of the covers is just confusing/annoying to me the way it does it almost to much going on.

That being said what they are doing is done in SageMyMovies. It has a "similar" feature like that which will show you all movies which are simliar. Looking at that interface I am still amazed they get away with Highway robbery on their prices. I use the same "similar" algorithm that mymovies uses so I can't take credit for it but it is very nice feature I do agree.

Thanks for sharing the video I have seen them in action but never to that extent.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Plucky one quick question. Does the search option work? I kind of remember it working once where it went to the wall and only showed the movie that matched the search. That was a long time ago.

Since, doing a search just takes me to the full wall with all the movies. Is there anything that I can change so I can use the search from the main menu (right side sub-menu).

Thanks.
Main Server: Intel Core i5 Processor i5-670, MSI Motherboard H57M-ED65, Corsair 4 GB PC3-12800, Intel 320 Series 160 GB SSD, Western Digital 150 GB VelociRaptor, LIAN-LI PC-C36B Case, Vista 64 Home Premium, JavaHeap = 1,200. +Network Encoder.
Storage: HP487 with 37.5TB of storage.
Extenders: x2 HD300 x6 HD200.
Tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB x3, USBIRT.
Adds-in:Many!.
Others: Sony BDVE500W, OPPO HM-31 dvanced HDMI 1.3 1080p Switch, Harmony One.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
Plucky one quick question. Does the search option work? I kind of remember it working once where it went to the wall and only showed the movie that matched the search. That was a long time ago.

Since, doing a search just takes me to the full wall with all the movies. Is there anything that I can change so I can use the search from the main menu (right side sub-menu).

Thanks.
No I don't believe search works . If you can log it on the google page on the second post I would appreciate it.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yeah I am familiar with that system (overpriced as it is) . To me there is nothing unique there. The shuffling of the covers is just confusing/annoying to me the way it does it almost to much going on.

That being said what they are doing is done in SageMyMovies. It has a "similar" feature like that which will show you all movies which are simliar. Looking at that interface I am still amazed they get away with Highway robbery on their prices. I use the same "similar" algorithm that mymovies uses so I can't take credit for it but it is very nice feature I do agree.

Thanks for sharing the video I have seen them in action but never to that extent.
I'm looking forward to your "similar" algorithm in SageMyMovies. Regarding Kaleidescapes search algorithm, my description, nor the movie doesn't really do it complete justice. It comes in really handy if you don't know what kind of movie you want to see; but, know that you want to see something with a given actor in it, or perhaps a movie with a similar plot, or a sequel to a movie. There's a lot of intelligence put into the backend of the software.

I'm with you on the high-price as well, but, right now it's the only "plug-and-go" system out there that can be operated and maintained by a technophobe. It also has much better video chips inside which produce superb images. Gennum's VXP processor inside of their mini-player is the same processor that many professional broadcast studios used for their up/down scaling. It's without a doubt the Ferrari of video playback systems.

Needless to say, I don't drive a Ferrari either.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm looking forward to your "similar" algorithm in SageMyMovies. Regarding Kaleidescapes search algorithm, my description, nor the movie doesn't really do it complete justice. It comes in really handy if you don't know what kind of movie you want to see; but, know that you want to see something with a given actor in it, or perhaps a movie with a similar plot, or a sequel to a movie. There's a lot of intelligence put into the backend of the software.
Yeah that sounds allot like MyMovies algorithm. It is pretty complex (and to be honest beyond me) but it works much the same way. Say if I click on a star wars movie it will show me all the star wars sequels first as similar. The actor searching and such will be coming sometime soon like SMW does it currently.

I just don't think even their high end graphics cards are worth the money but to each their own and people spending that much probably don't ahve to worry much about money .
Old 05-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Sage User

I'm following the install guide here:

http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...version-4.html

SMW has never been installed.

I've got everything working prior to SMW install (i.e. SageMC, BMT, etc.)

I'm at the point where the guide says:
b. Go to SageMC Setup -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> Video Library -> Custom Video Library Screen and load Sage Movie Wall.

When I go to the above setting, I only see these options:
Cancel
Clear Setting
1: Add Actor Favorite
2: Add Advanced Record
3: Add Category Favorite
4: Add Keyword Favorite
5: Add Title Favorite
6: Airing Browser

So how do I "load Sage Movie Wall"?

My Settings say:
Software Version: SageTV V6.6.2.218
Java Version:: 1.6.0_20
SageMC STV Version: 6.3.9b pre-release 24
sagemc.jar Version 6.3.8
df_sageutils.jar Version: 2.2
Phoenix JAR Version (says nothing here even though I installed 1.44)
Current STV File: SageMC_6_3_9b_24-1.xml
yada yada..
Old 05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordBB View Post
So how do I "load Sage Movie Wall"?
navigate through the list... that list is probably about 100 items long....
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Sage User

Thanks. Not used to the navigation in SageMC. Was trying to nav via my mouse at the Server to get things setup and never occurred to me to hit PageDown I guess.

Looks like everything is working, basically, and will look awesome as soon as I figure out why I have no FanArt showing, just a bunch of empty boxes with cool reflections and shadows.

/goes off to search the forums, again
Old 05-05-2010, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordBB View Post
Thanks. Not used to the navigation in SageMC. Was trying to nav via my mouse at the Server to get things setup and never occurred to me to hit PageDown I guess.

Looks like everything is working, basically, and will look awesome as soon as I figure out why I have no FanArt showing, just a bunch of empty boxes with cool reflections and shadows.

/goes off to search the forums, again
Make sure and run the transformations and scaling on first load and let it complete (watch your processor)

You can reload that menu by going into options on the home screen.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Sage User

Seems like I'm missing some basic issues here. I just "discovered" what the heck FanArt is. I thought that was what BMT was getting for me. Speaking of BMT, seems I installed 4.1 Beta while everyone here seems to still be using 3.1. Didn't notice that till now. Should I revert back to 3.1?

So, it seems like FanArt is a separate animal from DVD Coverart and such so I'm reading up on how to get FanArt going but I think the guide I'm reading from is dated like 1973 or something (i.e. _very_ old).

Still digging. Not giving up yet.

I know when I ran BMT via the Jetty thingie it did find some coverart and info (though missed a lot of mine, guess I'm supposed to be naming my folders in a certain way, currently accepting whatever the default AnyDVD wants to name them).

I'm starting to remember the days when I ventured beyond vanilla SageTV and seemed like every single improvement made you work so hard, when you were through you could at least say, "look what I accomplished". While I agree that most things worth having take effort, looking forward to the day when SageTV is easy (course I've been using for the last 6 years and it hasn't gotten there yet so...).

EDIT: SageMC will NOT let me change FanArt Support to "Enabled" and changing the FanArt Central File Path does nothing (will let me select but field stays empty). So looks like I get to go on another "adventure".

Last edited by WarlordBB; 05-05-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

You just couldn't wait could you

No reason to revert to old version of bmt new build seems to be pretty good.

The missing phoenix jar version is going to be your problem

if it says nothing there then it didn't install right

download the latest phoenix jar again and make sure to extract it when the service is off and sagetv is closed.

That line needs to reed the current version to work.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
You just couldn't wait could you

I figured this would give me some good experience when it came time to get SMM setup and I was _right_. This stuff ain't straightforward.

No matter what I try, I can not get the "pre-release" version of Phoenix referenced a page or two back as "must have", version 1.44, to be recognized in my setup. So I decided to install "version 69" (that shows up in my setup as version 1.69, makes complete sense...). I did this because there's already a post about version 71 (which I assume is version 1.71?) having problems in not allowing FanArt to be enabled.

So, after installing and verifying version 1.69 of Phoenix is running, I went to look at my FanArt folder setting and it was already pointing to \SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\FanArt

I didn't see a "FanArt" folder in Phoenix but shrugged. I went to BMT via Jetty and told it to do a Scan and, no go.

I finally thought that maybe BMT needed some help in setting up the folders so I created the FanArt folder and TV, Movies, Music folders under that. Did another Scan and, Viola.

Definitely starting to get there. Sage Movie Wall is very impressive.

Now I just have to figure out the interface. At least I'm to the fun part
Old 05-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Sage User

I've had some weird experiences with Sage Movie Wall with my HD-100. When I first got everything setup, it seemed to be working fine, responsive, looked great, no problems. Yesterday my new HD-200 arrived and I move the HD-100 to the living room and put my HD-200 in the bedroom.

I played around with the HD-200 for a while and it's working great. So I went down to check things out on my HD-100 in it's new location and things didn't go so well. When I first go to SMW, it only shows 1 movie coverart in the middle with 2 blanks on each side. I thought it was because of a filter (still not really sure what triggers the display of these boxes, seemed like earlier it was showing just 5 random covers) so I tried to right arrow over to the Filter menu but it would hang at Clear. If I right arrowed one more time it would move past Filter and go over to the next one as if it was on Filter when I pushed the right arrow (hope that makes sense). Effectively I can NOT see or use the Filter menu.

Everything started to move like molasses too. When I hit Enter on Movie Wall, I only see that one movie coverart, all the text goes to a "ghosted" white, and everything seems to move even slower. Hitting Home seems to be the only way to get the system to respond to me (though I feel like it's trying to do something, I just don't feel like waiting an hour to see what). However, now ALL the fonts and screens are like black background with the funky ghosted white fonts, even the MC Main Menu.

I thought it might be network related as I moved the HD-100. So I took it back to it's original place and took the HD-200 off the network (basically went back to everything like it was before). Still get the same thing.

I've gone back to the default STV for my HD-100 for now and my HD-200 is still working great (though it does that one movie coverart with 2 blanks on each side for the opening too).

Still trying to figure things out but would appreciate any help cause SMW is just awesome and then some. Hard to imagine SMM being even better.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:16 PM
SageTVaholic

If you can reproduce go check you CPU usage when it is hanging.

Also turn logging on and send me your log when this happen let me know what time frame it happened so I can narrow down your log.

Send it to sagemymovies@gmail.com
Old 05-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Sage Expert

Hey Plucky:

I just did a re-install of everything and am moving on to plugins and I noticed this in the instruction steps:

(From step 4)
Quote:
# Import latest version of BMI (optional).Import of the add-in is required before importing SageMovieWall if you use the add-in.
What is BMI? Do you mean Batch Metadata tools? Or is the some other automatic importer i'm missing?

Quote:
# Delete All Properties files from properties file that start with “pluckyhd” if you used a previous version.
In which properties files to you mean? Is this relavent on a clean install?
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsean View Post
What is BMI? Do you mean Batch Metadata tools? Or is the some other automatic importer i'm missing?
BMI/BMT... same thing
Quote:
In which properties files to you mean? Is this relavent on a clean install?
the property file for the client you are trying to configure (sageclient.properties, MACAddress.properties, etc).... and it's not relevant to a clean install
Check out TVExplorer