SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Don't rush for tonight I am still about 1 or 2 weeks out but close
What a tease. Sounds exciting.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Love this one!!!!! The background is not obscured by text and such.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Love this one!!!!! The background is not obscured by text and such.
Thanks that was my thinking I didn't want to stretch and distort it nor did I want half of it hidden behind them movies/text.

Glad you like it. It will get allot faster when the phoenix api gets my reflection call fixed.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I need someone who is good at making translucent png's to send me a pm please
Old 05-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

I like the random background idea... sounds cool

Q
________
Ducati 860GT

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Sage User

Movie Wall icon

Can someone make a movie wall icon to go along with this plugin. That would complete the package.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Sage Icon

I use this one in the menu:

Attached Images
File Type: png smw.png (64.2 KB, 788 views)
Old 05-09-2009, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
I use this one in the menu:

Nice screen cap thanks for sharing.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Sage User

I'm feeling like a newb on this one so be gentle Having some issues getting this installed

I previously had AMIS and BMT installed, so I went back to the original Sage MC XML (SageMC_6_3_9a_41.xml). Once that is loaded, where can I actually import the SVT for the Movie Wall(SageMovieWallVersion2-1.xml)? The files were extracted to the proper folder and the SMW wall XML is in the same location as my AMIS and BMT XML files, but only the latter two show up when using Import SVTi or Load STV in the SageMC Settings.
The only way I have gotten Sage to even see the SMW xml is to go into Settings -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> SageTV Application Package
If I choose it there, my client and extender just go to a black screen and I have to restore my Sage folder.

I am guessing I am missing something simple.

SageTV Version: 6.5.15.211
SageMC Version: 6.3.9a prerelease 41
Old 05-09-2009, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Justin,

You must not be extracting the folder correctly.

And you would never import STV unless you are going back to blank mc only

Import STVI it should be listed with the rest if not your didn't get it unzipped correctly
Old 05-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Justin,

You must not be extracting the folder correctly.

And you would never import STV unless you are going back to blank mc only

Import STVI it should be listed with the rest if not your didn't get it unzipped correctly
Went back and double checked the folder structure...even extracted to a different folder and then copy/pasted with the same results.

Here is when the files end up:

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMovieWallVersion2-1.xml
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\PLuckyhdSMWScreens
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\JARs\gkusnick.sagetv.jar

Other thoughts? The XMLs for the other imports are in the same SageTV3 folder and show up as an import.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you sure it isn't there? It should be in aphabetical order
Old 05-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Are you sure it isn't there? It should be in aphabetical order
Wow...i feel like genious

Guess since i didnt see any scroll bars i didnt even attempt to arrow down.

Thanks for spending time responding
Old 05-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am having a little issue. When I choose a background or poster to display from the moviewall fanart options it changes the first time fine but if I try to change it again it won't change. I have even moved the fanart out of the fanart folder to try to reset it but it keeps displaying the same images. Not sure what to do about this.

Thanks,
Q

Edit: I am using the info views just so you know.
________
Honda NX50

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazeye View Post
I am having a little issue. When I choose a background or poster to display from the moviewall fanart options it changes the first time fine but if I try to change it again it won't change. I have even moved the fanart out of the fanart folder to try to reset it but it keeps displaying the same images. Not sure what to do about this.

Thanks,
Q

As per the instructions it will chang only temp until you restart sage you have to restart sage for the selection to stick and show

This is do to a caching issue In sage
Old 05-12-2009, 08:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Does anyone like/use the info side view? If so speak up or it is going to the graveyard
Old 05-12-2009, 05:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazeye View Post

Thanks,
Q

Quazeye perhaps I should have checked more throughly before reading the manual to you

Do you have scaling on? I noticed tonight that if you change the default and have scaling on like you said it doesn't change but it does if scaling is off

Is this your settings? I will look into this, but not sure if it is me or something wrong in the api.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Plucky. Installed this tonight and love the visuals but am wondering what the speed expectations are. Should MovieWall generally be slower/faster/equal to the default SageMC video screen? MovieWall is considerably slower for me. Scrolling from screen to screen (page down) takes seconds. Bringing up menues and changing setting takes a long time.

I ask because I don't know what to expect. My assumption is I have something misconfigured.

Thanks.

-Jeremy
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 05-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, follow up to my last post. Using List View, if navigating with the keyboard it takes a second or more to go from movie to movie with a small cpu spike. If I hover over the movie list with the mouse cursor and move back and forth the transition is instantanious. It looks like the difference is the animation doesn't happen when using the mouse.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 05-13-2009, 05:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
OK, follow up to my last post. Using List View, if navigating with the keyboard it takes a second or more to go from movie to movie with a small cpu spike. If I hover over the movie list with the mouse cursor and move back and forth the transition is instantanious. It looks like the difference is the animation doesn't happen when using the mouse.
Jer,

You are correct in the animations are fired view up and down in the list view not mouse movement. You can turn the animations of in the options if that helps you.

My movement in the list and wall are instant on the computer and hd200 with animations

It is all dependent on the computer and other settings

Are you scaling? If so the first time through it will scale everything so it will be quit a bit slower but should speed up after that as it only scales once.

Is this on client pcs? I have heard another user say his is slower on the client not sure what is going on here as it is speedy on the hd200.

What is your java heap size?