SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Plucky,

Yes that is what is happening to me... I do have scaling on and it does what you say.

Thanks,
Q
________
XL75

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah I talked to sean about it and we think it is something to do with the scaling. It may or may not get fixed. For now you could turn scaling off or wait for my next release which has fanart cycling for backgrounds
Old 05-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the reply Plucky. I turned off animations and things are working smoothly when transitioning between movies. The only problem now is when I reach the bottom of the list the delay once again happens in moving to the next "screen". If I go one by one it's really slow. If I page down, the first page down is slow but moving from movie to movie on the page is fast. This is really weird because my pc renders all the other animations in SageMC without breaking a sweat. Nvidia 8600 and Intel E6600.

This plugin in combination with Batch Metadata downloader is awesome. Just a couple more tweaks on my end and I'm sure I'll get the expected transition speeds.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 05-14-2009, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Jer,

Whats your jave heap size? Your computer should be more than capable. Mine scrolls instantly up and down with animations. Also it will slow down when you get to the bottom as it is having to render the table every push down. (so you are correct channel up/down or page up /down is the best method.)

I am working on a way to set it when you get to the last item and push down or up it will automatically page down or up.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, so I recently reinstalled vista on my server and forgot to update the java heap. I also didn't have the most recent drivers for my Nvidia card.

I updated to Nvidia 185.85 and set my java heap back to 1.5GB and Moviewall is smoking along. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Plucky.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 05-14-2009, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
OK, so I recently reinstalled vista on my server and forgot to update the java heap. I also didn't have the most recent drivers for my Nvidia card.

I updated to Nvidia 185.85 and set my java heap back to 1.5GB and Moviewall is smoking along. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Plucky.
No problem glad to hear you got it working like it should
Old 05-14-2009, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Allot of changes are being made/done. I need to know what if anything you guys want. I like hearing what others think or want as that is what this add-in is for the community. So let me hear your thoughts ideas.

Things that are coming..

Centered scrolling on the info view (will always stay in center)
Centered scolling on list view (same as above)
Lots and lots of improved eye candy and animations.

I am a couple of weeks out probably at least from version 3 but it is looking really good. Love to hear your feedback/suggestions.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

I think you should keep the info side view. I can't decide on which one I like the best but having the option is nice.

Can you add additional info in the info screen and make it customizable? IE, year, actors, rating, etc? By customizable, I mean a toggle for them on and off, nothing too crazy, unless you are looking for challenge.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

I like Peter's idea as well. Thanks for all the great work Plucky!

Q
________
Harley-Davidson F

Old 05-14-2009, 09:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
I think you should keep the info side view. I can't decide on which one I like the best but having the option is nice.

Can you add additional info in the info screen and make it customizable? IE, year, actors, rating, etc? By customizable, I mean a toggle for them on and off, nothing too crazy, unless you are looking for challenge.
I am way ahead of you on more details at the same time I am keeping a clean look

The side view is gone for now but there a new views coming and some great additions with my brother photoshoping images for me

I am not going to rush this as I don't want to keep coding this wall again and again the first two release got me more comfortable with studio now I can do some of the things I originally want

Fair warning some of the new screens take some good java heaps (1gb) so I will keep basic screens in tact foe those with slower systems but I am also working to decrease that requirment
Old 05-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

Sounds great, good work Plucky. I've been following your posts in Studio forum as well. I'm starting to catch on to how things work in studio as well.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Sage Icon

SMW Menu?

I’m wondering if it is possible/easy to utilize the genre icon idea and make other custom icons that look the same but filter other than (or in addition to) genre?

Let me explain a little further. Lately I’ve been using SMW like the attached pic. I think it’s fast and easy this way, as well as, lacking. It’s useful to easily get to Animation only for example. At the same time, if one does not know what mood of movie they are in this becomes cumbersome, no way to see all movies alphabetically, date added etc. My wife especially doesn’t like using the option button to apply filters; I don’t much like that step either. So I’m beginning to think that some sort of screen that acts as a home page or a menu page that is always accessible via the back button would be an intuitive and easy way to manage movie collections for anyone. We like what we’re currently able to get with just genre, but we think there is promise here for a gateway, homepage, menu, starting point or whatever one wants to call it, so that SMW can easily slice and dice the movie collection in a multitude of ways.

What I think would be a good starting point to this idea is to have the current genre related icons as well as:
• All Movies
• Date Added

Since these filters are native to SageMC, they are probably the easiest to get working.

The look wouldn’t necessarily have to follow the attached pic, but I think the concept of some sort of launching point/home page is a work in progress and a starting point. In addition to the genre, all movies, and date added icons the idea could be taken a step further… For example By Actor icon, this icon would take you to a list of all actors appearing in the movies in one’s collection. There would have to be some sort of table creation to manage the groups of movies actors appear in, but it would be cool. If I wanted to see all the movies I have staring Nicolas Cage for example, I would choose from my home page By Actor and my entire custom list pops up of every actor from my movie collection. I choose Nick Cage and viola; I have a nice neat sub list of my movies containing Nicolas Cage. This idea could be extended to release year, or even bashing up my movie collection to IMDB (or similar) top 250 and seeing which of my movies are top of all time. Even a list of Oscar Winning movies might be a way to really get to the crux of movies when one doesn’t know what movie/mood they are interested. The ideas for managing and filtering the movie collection could go on but I think you get the point.

I know this is a lengthy passage, but I think this idea could be elaborated by the community and massaged to a point that SMW has a nifty launching center/menu to dynamically manage large movie collections intuitively.

Anyone agree, disagree or have additional ideas/comments?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Genre Menu.jpg (72.9 KB, 322 views)
Old 05-16-2009, 07:21 AM
SageTVaholic

I will comment.I have actually been working on a "central" screen bu not to your explanation so I may take it further. My central screen has dvd's,blu-rays, home movies (whatever else you have) and I created customer pngs for them to display in coverflow view (this is cool but won't share pics just yet . Now to be honest I never use the genre because it is so horribly accessible. Bu that screen will/shall match my home screen with a coverflow type view. I am just trying to figure out how to access it quicker. Putting the drilldown title in the top is not an issue so that is easy enough (good idea.)
My idea is to make these "home screens" if you want to call them is skinable/customizable to an extent. That anyone can make their own png/background for the home screen and put in a specified folder and my wall will pull them.

Now the actor filtering/director filtering and custom rating filtering (you rate the movies yourself no from IMDB. I just started toying with yesterday so those are a ways of and I am not sure they are 100% doable just yet but I am looking into it.

The next build is going to have the main pages setup like I want to keep them and then the filtering/home screens will follow in the next builds. My goal here is to make this as complete as what I feel I use to have in Media Center.

That all being said I think this is a great project and enjoy working on it and hope everyone enjoys what is coming..
Old 05-20-2009, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay I shared some pictures with some people privately and decided to share them publicly.

These are functioning in my current private build and are working quite well. It will require some updates before I can release. As well as I still have some fine tuning to do as well as adding logos. (Hd,720p,h.264 etc) but the bases are done and working.

Thoughts are welcome enjoy

CoverFlow

Bottom Info Views
Black
Grey
FlowOn
List View
Info List View

The info list view and coverflow are my favorite additions.

cheers

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 05-20-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

And I can see why!

You should put a warning, it's almost NSFW

The WAF if mostly bound to the house painting jobs now. I get the evil eyes when I spend time not prepping/painting or not sleeping (even then it's a close call)

Some day I'll have free time enough to play with this again...

Gog
Old 05-20-2009, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah I just focused on a movie promise
Old 05-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Okay I shared some pictures with some people privately and decided to share them publicly.

These are functioning in my current private build and are working quite well. It will require some updates before I can release. As well as I still have some fine tuning to do as well as adding logos. (Hd,720p,h.264 etc) but the bases are done and working.

Thoughts are welcome enjoy

CoverFlow

Bottom Info Views
Black
Grey
FlowOn
List View
Info List View

The info list view and coverflow are my favorite additions.

cheers
My favorite!!! and not because of the girl.

Is there a way to minimize to show 7 instead of 9?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Is there a way to minimize to show 7 instead of 9?
Option will be added if others want as well. I can't/won't go above 9 for now.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wow, these are nice...

I wouldn't mind the option to show less covers as well.

Also is it possible to have the coverflow view have an infoscreen come up when you press a button and have it kinda look like the infolistview?

Very nice work!

Q
________
Aprilia SL750

Old 05-20-2009, 11:32 PM
SageTVaholic

I have a request that is simple (at least it sounds simple). I would like to be able to specify what import folders are used with your movie wall. I'd also like to use this with my music. It would be great if each artist had it's own "wall like icon" so I could pick each artist then each album in a wall like fashion (very vmc esque). This would make me very happy.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.