SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

AMIS breaks fanart cycling

Fanart cycling seems to work fine until I load the AMIS STVi.

My setup is as follows:

SageTV V6.4.8.184
Java 1.6.0_12
SageMC 6.3.9
phoenix.jar 1.24
STV SageMC_6_3_9a_23
HD100 Extender

I've tried loading the BMT STVi and the AMIS STVi in different orders, but it didn't seem to matter.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

-Tony
Old 04-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
AMIS doesn't break anything!!! I suggest you read the AMIS thread before posting.

HERE

Oh and you got me bitching on my 1000 post as well

Last edited by jaminben; 04-30-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wow, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I read through a lot of posts in that thread before posting. Apparently I missed the few posts that would have answered my question.

I am sorry, thanks.

-Tony
Old 04-30-2009, 04:36 AM
Sage Icon

I'm getting very annoyed with peoples inability to use the search feature which is present on these forums. It took me 10 seconds to find the post regarding cycling, simply by going to the AMIS thread and using "Search This Thread" for "Cycling" found the answer.

Also why start a new thread when there is already one available? And the title "AMIS Breaks..." really got up my nose.

I and many other people spend many hours making these imports for you to use for FREE and seeing a post like this doesn't help in encouraging me to make more FREE imports.

Take Sean's BMT tools 2.3 as an example, 57 people have downloaded it and only 2 people have said thank you. This is just rude IMO, and makes me wonder why we even bother doing all this work only to be slated when people can't be bothered to read whats already been posted.

Perhaps its because I've had a bad day at work that your bearing the brunt of my frustration so don't take this post personally as I'm sure plenty of other people will read this thread and are guilty of this to some degree (including me).

Rant over
Old 04-30-2009, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey Ben,

Take a deep breath. I've been guilty of being frustrated too at times, but this is something that comes with the territory. The best you can do is make information as easy to find as possible for your users.

If you haven't done so, I suggest compiling all important information into your first post and refer people there. You could even create a FAQ if you like and paste common questions that crop up there along with the answers. It might reduce confusion.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Sage Icon

@jaminben and all other developers,

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your work and hope you don't get discouraged.

All make the World (SAGETV) a better place.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hey Ben,

I wouldn't let it get to you that much. I hate to generalize but the trend seems to be that new users just don't know how to search or look for the answers. They seem to make new threads claiming something doesn't work when it is 99% user error.

In all fairness, a LOT has changed in the last couple of months and if you are just jumping into all of this, you have a lot to catch up on.

That being said, Mikes suggestions would definately help but in the end, the person still has to look for the answers.

I really appreciate all of the hard work you have put into all of your imports. I try to thank everyone, every chance I get. So once again, thank you Ben and all other developers for all of your hard work.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
That being said, Mikes suggestions would definately help but in the end, the person still has to look for the answers.
This is a two-way street... a user should look for an answer, but they may not be able to find it right away while someone else who knows what terms to search for can find & recognize the answer relatively quickly, leaving them wondering why someone else couldn't find it.

If there is a very simple answer for a question, especially in a FAQ/manual/other form of documentation, then I find it useful to simply point the user to the answer & leave it at that. Everyone around here has very basic questions about something sooner or later, whether that question is about the built-in SageTV features, some customization, hardware setup, use of Studio, etc.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

Its times like this I wish I'd kept my mouth shut and just answered the op's query. I feel bad and I apologize for my out burst.