SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
TV Series Manager Tool?

OK, I've got fanart enabled and hammered out a few pieces of weirdness with BMT, but overall, I'd call it a success. Great stuff with BMT and Phoenix APIs, and some pretty amazing work!
Now...the next step. Is there a utility out there that would enable me to go into my recorded TV, pick one of the series I have recorded, then drill down by Season? I checked out the Grouped Recording Screen, but it appears that development on that project has ceased, and in its current state, I can't see how to accomidate this need. As an example:
I have over 110 episodes of South Park recorded (Yeah, I have issues!)
I go into my recorded TV, select South Park.
I'm presented with some great fanart of Cartman...all is well!
Now, rather than seeing my listing of over 110 episodes, I'd rather see a listing of seasons 1-xx.
Whehn I select, say, Season 1, I am presented with the recordings in the order they were aired:
1 - Cartman Gets an Anal Probe
2 - Volcano
3 - Tom's Rhinoplasty
etc...

Again, the Grouped Recording Screen showed some serious promise on this front, but...well, I don't think it can go this deep into it. All of the data is there in each show's .properties file, so it's just a matter of using it. It would be very helpful for my wife and I as there are a few shows that we have started watching and are recording all of the reruns, so this would help us watch eerything in order.

Any suggestions?
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 05-28-2009, 06:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I looked in this breifly for my wall and I could be mistaken but I don't think the season is able to be pulled into studio for add-ins yet (at least it wasn't when Ben did GRS) I know it is in the metadate but I don't think it is pulled into the wiz.bin file yet. Again this could have changed sense I last looked.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Sage Expert

Actually Ben and I are working on a new STV that does have that functionality already working called Ortus.... I am not sure how long it will be before we have a beta available. I can check to see what it would take to setup a SageMC plugin, but can't promise anything...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 05-28-2009, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Jeff,

I guess I need to get coding you are going faster than me I am behind on ortus
Old 05-29-2009, 03:30 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
Actually Ben and I are working on a new STV that does have that functionality already working called Ortus.... I am not sure how long it will be before we have a beta available. I can check to see what it would take to setup a SageMC plugin, but can't promise anything...

Thanks,
Jeff
I would say we're at least 2-3 months away from a public beta test of Ortus and probably 4 months away from a full release seeing as I like to tweak everything before a full release
Its been in development now for over a month and its really starting to take shape, well I think it is anyway. We have a main menu more or less nailed, TV guide, filters for TV Movies, TV series, General Movies, OSD TV Guide, Normal TV Guide, Weather (sort of), Fanart selection, Fanart updating, Search features etc. The main two things we've not really looked at just yet is Music and Pictures. I may post a few screenshots later in the SageMC screenshot thread just to tease you with whats coming
Old 05-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Sage Expert

Please support both the standard UI and SageMC. For example, Favorite Excluder has versions for both.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Ortus is a STV replacement not a STVI
Old 05-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I may post a few screenshots later in the SageMC screenshot thread just to tease you with whats coming
Please do!
Old 05-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Wow, that sounds like a very ambitious project! Is there any way to componentize the work, though? For people who don't want to switch away from SageMC, but still get the TV Series manager functionality?
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 05-29-2009, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Interesting. Didn't realize there was another project like that going on besides the Phoenix project.

I'm curious, why did you guys choose to go the STV route instead of STVi?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Interesting. Didn't realize there was another project like that going on besides the Phoenix project.

This decision mostly was because SageMC is going to be faded out so we didn't want to rely on it. At least that's what I remember about our conversations
Old 05-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

This is exciting. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:29 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

I doubt Ortus will be as technically advanced as phoenix although Jeff and Skye are doing some fantastic work with the coding e.g the TV Season filter and movie screen layouts.

We went the STV route as we wanted to start with a clean slate and re-create all the screens currently available in SageMC but keeping a central theme, also what Plucky said above. Its currently being installed via the default SageTV options just like you would for SageMC so I doubt we will be able to keep all the functionallity of SageMC but we will try.

Oh if your wondering what Ortus mean's, its latin for birth, origin, rising

Last edited by jaminben; 05-30-2009 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Sounds pretty nice - can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlobster View Post
Wow, that sounds like a very ambitious project! Is there any way to componentize the work, though? For people who don't want to switch away from SageMC, but still get the TV Series manager functionality?
Just an FYI I did plan on integrating archived tv into my wall at some point by Ortus will be out before I get around to that. Media Browser from media center handled my archived/ripped tv shows like movie wall and I miss it to be truthfull there are a couple of apps coming down the pipeline that make it allot better so I may not need to look at this. Hoping that is the case as I have enough on my plate already

cheers