SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:52 PM

External Media Player

Hello folks,

I'm a recent sageTV user and I was wondering if someone could tell how to use an external media player such as KMPLAYER instead of sagetv's build in player.

There's a setting under "SageMC options" for enabling/disabling External Media Player; I have enabled it but nothing happens I probably need to set the path to KMPlayer somewhere but I don't know where.

Can someone help me?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Sage User

Configuration of External Media Player

Hi,

You have to activate the external media player as you made in the SageMC setup.

After that you have to proceed as follow:

You have in the directory C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE several files with the extention .cmd.

One of them is called media_player.cmd. This file is a kind of bat file that you can put the command line of your media player.

For example:

"D:\Program Files\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe" %1

It means that the Zommplayer will be launched and the %1 means the name of the media file (;avi, mkv) that should be opened.

I hope that can help you.
Asus P5N-D, C2Q Q9400, 4 GB mem, 6 TB HDD in FreeNAS, ATI HD5750, PVR-150, LG Blu-ray / HD DVD Combo Drive, TVA HDTV, Harmony 555, Speakers JBL e Infinity, Yamaha RX-V3900, Samsumg 19" LCD, Samsumg Plasma 42", SageTV HD200, Arcsoft TMT, KL mega codec pack, EventGhost, Windows 7
Old 06-23-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbherculano View Post
Hi,

You have to activate the external media player as you made in the SageMC setup.

After that you have to proceed as follow:

You have in the directory C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE several files with the extention .cmd.

One of them is called media_player.cmd. This file is a kind of bat file that you can put the command line of your media player.

For example:

"D:\Program Files\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe" %1

It means that the Zommplayer will be launched and the %1 means the name of the media file (;avi, mkv) that should be opened.

I hope that can help you.
I must be doing something wrong. Since I want to play .mov files in an external player, I have added the following line in media_player.cmd
"D:\The KMPlayer\KMPlayer.exe" .mov and enabled the external player option within sageMC but it is still not working.

Do I have the right syntax?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0spepes View Post
I must be doing something wrong. Since I want to play .mov files in an external player, I have added the following line in media_player.cmd
"D:\The KMPlayer\KMPlayer.exe" .mov and enabled the external player option within sageMC but it is still not working.

Do I have the right syntax?
Change .mov to %1.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Change .mov to %1.

Gerry
I have it set to this now:

"D:\The KMPlayer\KMPlayer.exe" %1

and it is still not working. I thought I had to specify the file extensions that I want to be open by an external player?
Old 06-24-2009, 04:34 AM
SageTVaholic

%1 is a variable for the commandline option of Zoomplayer as in the example. You need to see if KMplayer has a similar commandline option. It needs to pick up the file path from Sage.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.