SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

How do I send command line or Event messages to Placeshifter?

I would like to control Placeshifter with 3rd party software which needs at the minimum either keystroke commands or event messages for placeshifter. I have read all the documentation, but cant find any information on doing simple commands like fullscreen, STOP, play, rewind, channel up/down.

I'm using internal/builtin bluetooth and wifi as a means to control windows applications on my netbook (actaually pretty cool remote control using my mobile phone) instead of a dangling USB-UIRT and yet another remote control.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 07-17-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Anyone out there?

Is this not possible? I know it at least responds to global hotkeys like Ctrl+Alt+F for Full-screen/window toggle as well as media player REW/FF STOP PLAY/PAUSE.

All I want to do is reach the Guide with either command line (while placeshifter is running) or with a hotkey.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-08-2009, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure I understand your problem. The Placeshifter UI certainly responds to keyboard shortcuts as documented in Chapter 5 of the manual (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+F for fullscreen, Ctrl+X for Guide, etc). So any program capable of generating keystrokes should be able to control Placeshifter.

I'm also not clear on whether this is a control program you're writing yourself, or if you're trying to cobble something together using off-the-shelf components. If you're writing it yourself, you should be able to accomplish what you want with either SendMessage calls or something along the lines of VB's SendKeys function. Off-the-shelf programs such as Girder and EvenGhost should also have this capability. There's also the SendMessage utility that comes with SageTV, which should be able to send WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP messages to the Placeshifter window.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Red face Now I feel bad....

Yes, I guess I didnt word it right. I just wanted to know if Placeshifter responds to sendmessage commands. I called it eventmessages in the title. That's great news if it responsds to sendmessage commands just like sagetv.exe. If so, Ill just use the command line tool for sendmessages. Girder is a bit to big for what I want to do.

Thanks!

Edit: Now I feel bad.. Its all in the Manual... Man.. all this time, I didnt realize the manual was also for placeshifter client too! It's all there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
I'm not sure I understand your problem. The Placeshifter UI certainly responds to keyboard shortcuts as documented in Chapter 5 of the manual (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+F for fullscreen, Ctrl+X for Guide, etc). So any program capable of generating keystrokes should be able to control Placeshifter.

I'm also not clear on whether this is a control program you're writing yourself, or if you're trying to cobble something together using off-the-shelf components. If you're writing it yourself, you should be able to accomplish what you want with either SendMessage calls or something along the lines of VB's SendKeys function. Off-the-shelf programs such as Girder and EvenGhost should also have this capability. There's also the SendMessage utility that comes with SageTV, which should be able to send WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP messages to the Placeshifter window.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-08-2009 at 01:54 PM.