SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
there's a chance... and its actually getting higher (especially as my time to work on 2.0 is less and less lately). So yes i would say there is a better then even chance i will release a 1.x bugfix (no promises on when that will be though )
I know you said no promises on when it would be, but can ya blame me for asking if you have made any progress? TVE is like a drug, dammit! It's really that good! Obviously real life is more important, but just curious if you've had any time to work on either the bugfix or even v2? I love this damn thing so much, it's killing me not to be able to filter the way I want.

Also, I've noticed that if you go to the recordings (top-left button) and switch between those two options for that button, your filter choices get reset. Is that by design?
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 01-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I know you said no promises on when it would be, but can ya blame me for asking if you have made any progress? TVE is like a drug, dammit! It's really that good! Obviously real life is more important, but just curious if you've had any time to work on either the bugfix or even v2? I love this damn thing so much, it's killing me not to be able to filter the way I want.
actually the 1.1 private beta went out last nite... so when/if i have good feedback it should be released pretty soon. It includes a lot/most of the bug fixes and enhancements that we've talked about here. It does not include the advanced filtering/sorting/view customization. That will be in the 2.0 release.

Quote:
Also, I've noticed that if you go to the recordings (top-left button) and switch between those two options for that button, your filter choices get reset. Is that by design?
could be by design but i'm not sure. I'll look into it
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-14-2010, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
actually the 1.1 private beta went out last nite... so when/if i have good feedback it should be released pretty soon. It includes a lot/most of the bug fixes and enhancements that we've talked about here. It does not include the advanced filtering/sorting/view customization. That will be in the 2.0 release.
Awesome news! Guess my Spidey Senses were tingling! I'm not looking for any additional filtering, but does 1.1 fix the existing filter issues?
Old 01-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I'm not looking for any additional filtering, but does 1.1 fix the existing filter issues?
you're talking about these issues correct? The IR issues i think are fixed because of the way i am now determining what type of recording a given mediafile is.... truth be told i haven't spent much time in the filtering code as it will all be thrown out when i start the v2 development. I'll take a look and see if its behaving as i think it should be...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-14-2010, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
you're talking about these issues correct? The IR issues i think are fixed because of the way i am now determining what type of recording a given mediafile is.... truth be told i haven't spent much time in the filtering code as it will all be thrown out when i start the v2 development. I'll take a look and see if its behaving as i think it should be...
Those be the ones... arrrr! I figured it was only a slim chance you had worked on them, due to v2's changes, but it never hurts to ask.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

Congrats on the new beta going out. Looking forward to the version.

Last edited by Peter_h; 01-15-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Saweeeeeeeeeet
I can't wait.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Hey guys, I just uploaded the new version to the downloads area. Get it here.

When upgrading please follow the installation instructions. They're important

Some images:
New UI
Play dialog
Expanded Info panel

Here are the release Notes:
1.01.025 01/17/2010

New Features:
  • Rework UI to add more customization options
  • Rework Options screen for better navigation
  • Movies can be grouped into a single item
  • Protect Options screen with password. The default password is "0000" (no quotes). The password is disabled by default.
  • Ability to load/save TVEOptions.properties files. Makes saving different configurations a snap and it can be used to deploy settings across multiple machines
  • Auto generation of playlists for "Play All" functionality
Bug Fixes:
  • Group operations (Set All Watched, Archive All, Delete All, etc) work as expected
  • Preview Window display issues fixed
  • original air date sorting issues fixed
  • sorting by season episode fixed
  • Removed the incorrect property item for the Load Fanart Delay
  • A bunch of other small bugs I found during testing
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 01-17-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Sage Icon

you can also subscribe to the new version notification thread for future updates
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks man, love TVE... it's the only reason I use SageMC anymore. What's the chance of this ever being ported to the Default STV? Thanks again for your awesome product!
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 01-17-2010, 02:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
Thanks man, love TVE... it's the only reason I use SageMC anymore. What's the chance of this ever being ported to the Default STV? Thanks again for your awesome product!
The original release was ported over but Tmiranda. if you ask nicel maybe he will do again.....

Nice job on this stvi upgrade by the way razor !!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks man, love TVE... it's the only reason I use SageMC anymore. What's the chance of this ever being ported to the Default STV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
The original release was ported over but Tmiranda. if you ask nicel maybe he will do again.....
Here is tmiranda's thread

Quote:
Thanks again for your awesome product!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Nice job on this stvi upgrade by the way razor !!
thanks guys
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

If you are a mouse user you will want to change the default height of the "Group Panel Height" because SageMC goes to HOME when you click in the upper left corner. The new default layout puts the Recorded/Schedule toggle button in the upper left so anytime you try to click it with a mouse it will put you at the HOME screen.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats View Post
If you are a mouse user you will want to change the default height of the "Group Panel Height" because SageMC goes to HOME when you click in the upper left corner. The new default layout puts the Recorded/Schedule toggle button in the upper left so anytime you try to click it with a mouse it will put you at the HOME screen.
Mouse navigation in TVE is not recommended... there are lots of things (focus, refresh, display, etc) that do not work properly when using a mouse...

When I first read your post i thought you were saying you could NOT use upper left as back.... and I was like yes it does ... anyway I'm with you now... you're saying when using a mouse and using the default layout you can not get to the Recorded/Scheduled toggle button...

couple of ways i can fix that:
- add an option to disable the hidden back button
- only disable the hidden back button when the Group Panel Height is too big
- make the hidden button much smaller so it doesn't interfere with the recorded/scheduled toggle button (ie just the space to the left of the toggle).

My preference is the third one. This would only effect TVE... it won't change the hidden back button anywhere else in sagemc
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah it isn't really a big deal but I know there are some mouse users around. I pretty much only use the mouse/keyboard when I am configuring stuff and that is how I found it.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Great work! I found one issue when I set the group panel height to 0.35 (to match the episode panel height). Now I can not see or navigate to the options button.

Maybe an easy solution to this is to have some other way to pop up the options screen (like when the focus is on the far left panel, the one with the options button, presing the options button on the remote could bring up the options screen.)

Other than this small problem, I love the new changes.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
Great work! I found one issue when I set the group panel height to 0.35 (to match the episode panel height). Now I can not see or navigate to the options button.

Maybe an easy solution to this is to have some other way to pop up the options screen (like when the focus is on the far left panel, the one with the options button, presing the options button on the remote could bring up the options screen.)

Other than this small problem, I love the new changes.
yup just confirmed that's an issue... didn't catch it earlier bc i always run with the full height group panel ... a quick fix is to make the far left panel scrollable... because youre also missing other buttons... Attached is a small patch that does this... Just import this over your existing TVE install...

Unzip the attached to your STV directory (usually C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3) and import from the UI.

Note: The only reason to install this patch is if you set the Group Panel Height to a value that cuts off the bottom of the left most panel (ie you can not navigate to TVEOptions).

EDIT: If you're intent is to make TVE look like version 1.0 you need to set the Group Panel Height to .49 (assuming you haven't changed any of the other browser settings). This is Episode Panel Height + Info Small Panel Height + Icon Panel Height + Timebar Panel Height. Also to make just the browser shaded (rather then the whole menu) set Menu Shading Alpha = 1-255 ( i like around 140) and Background Alpha = 0.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TVExplorer1.01.026_patches1.01.025.zip (745 Bytes, 148 views)
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 01-17-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
yup just confirmed that's an issue... didn't catch it earlier bc i always run with the full height group panel ... a quick fix is to make the far left panel scrollable... because youre also missing other buttons... Attached is a small patch that does this... Just import this over your existing TVE install...

Unzip the attached to your STV directory (usually C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3) and import from the UI.

Note: The only reason to install this patch is if you set the Group Panel Height to a value that cuts off the bottom of the left most panel (ie you can not navigate to TVEOptions).
Awesome! Thanks for the quick turnaround. Making that scrollable is a good idea.

Quote:
EDIT: If you're intent is to make TVE look like version 1.0 you need to set the Group Panel Height to .49 (assuming you haven't changed any of the other browser settings). This is Episode Panel Height + Info Small Panel Height + Icon Panel Height + Timebar Panel Height. Also to make just the browser shaded (rather then the whole menu) set Menu Shading Alpha = 1-255 ( i like around 140) and Background Alpha = 0.
Yeah, I figured that out after my earlier post. Thanks again!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here is tmiranda's thread
I stopped half way through that because you said a new version was coming out. Well now that it's out I'll have to get cracking.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:07 AM
SageTVaholic

razr,

I just tried loading this up and it fails immediately. (Initializing the h_upper attribute under the UIBackground panel.) I must be doing something very wrong.

Downloaded and unzipped SageMC 6.3.9a.
Downloaded and unzipped SageMC 6.3.9b23
Downloaded and unzipped TVE 1.1.025
Downloaded and unzipped TVE patch 1.1.026

Loaded the SageMC 6.3.9b23.xml
Imported TVE 1.1.025
Imported TVE patch 1.1.026

Created a link on my main menu to the TVExplorer internal screen.

I see that the h_upper uses the ortus_api so I looked to make sure sageortus.jar is in the JAR directory, and it is.

I swear my dev system is possessed.

Tom

Edit: Problem solved. I had to update to the latest sagex.api (6.6.2).

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 01-18-2010 at 08:00 AM.