SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Still having problems, see attached screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TVE.jpg (33.0 KB, 204 views)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Sage Icon

Hey Tom,
the hupper error probably has something to do with sagex and UIContext nonsense. What version of the sagex api where you using before upgrading? I have been using 6.6.1 (ie not the latest) without problems.... Upgrading to the latest sagex helps there....

for your latest problem... that's what it looks like if the Defaults aren't being loaded the first time (or something messes up while loading them). To load them now go to TVEOptions -> Main -> Load Defaults. You may have to reload TVE if it doesn't automatically.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-18-2010, 11:06 AM
SageTVaholic

razr,

I found the problem. I had the latest phoenix.jar (build 57) and that did not work. I had to downgrade that to build 44.

What do the settings have to be to make it look like your screenshots? Mine still looks kind of bland and not all of the fanart is showing up. (I did set the fanart directory. Anything else I need to do?)

Last, I've applied the 026 patch but the version info still says 1.01.025. Is that normal or did I not apply the patch correctly? I just imported the .xml for the patch. Do I need to rename that to .stvi? I'm not used to SageMC

Tom

Edit: I was running whatever version of sagex was just before 6.6.1.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 01-18-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
razr,

I found the problem. I had the latest phoenix.jar (build 57) and that did not work. I had to downgrade that to build 44.

Tom

Edit: I was running whatever version of sagex was just before 6.6.1.
Strange. I'm running that same build of Phoenix (build 57) And I upgraded to the Latest TV Explorer (but no the patch yet) and it works fine on my PC clients and the HD100/200's. Did you remember to delete the TV Explorer directory under the SageMCE directory before you upgraded?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Gerry,

I didn't delete anything, I just installed SageMC and TVE over whatever was there. I'm just trying to get something that works and is stable so I have a "known good" configuration that I can port over to the default.

Tom

Old 01-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Sage Icon

hey tom,

Admittedly i haven't upgraded to the latest version of phoenix but that shouldn't matter. What does matter is the sagex version. You must have version 6.6.1 or later (you can get 6.6.2 here)

To get a working tve version, try this:
  1. Shutdown Sagetv (if installing on a client you only need to shutdown the client)
  2. Delete the TVExplorer working directory (usually C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\TVExplorer)
  3. Open sageclient.properties and delete all razrsharpe\TVExplorer entries
  4. Extract the TVE_1_01_025.zip file to your sage installation directory (usually C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\") Make sure you extract preserving folder structure and overwrite existing files.
  5. Extract the patch to your stv folder (usually C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3)
  6. Fire up sagemc
  7. Go to My Menu -> Settings -> Load STV. Load an STV that does not have TVE installed. Your safest bet here is to use a blank sagemc. You can get the latest sagemc stv from this thread.
  8. Go to My Menu -> Settings -> Import STVi. Load tve: TVExplorer_1.01.025.xml.
  9. Go to My Menu -> Settings -> Import STVi. Load the patch: TVExplorer_1.01.026_patches1.01.025.xml
  10. Navigate to your TVE menu item.
The first time you load TVE it will load the defaults and should like my screenshots. If it does not. Go to TVEOptions -> Main -> Load Defaults. If it still does not, post the screenshot. Also if you email the stv you are using i can take a look at it and see whats up. You can also email your debug log (sagetvclient_0.txt) and i can take a look at that. To get fanart to work you need to enable fanart and set the directory in sagemc options.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

This add on really makes it for me. Thank you for your work on this razrsharpe!!

I have just one suggestion. I would like to be able to trigger the options menu from the S/E view, with a particular season selected.

Thank you for this!!!!

Cory

EDIT: When I turn on "Movies - Include" in the filters menu, I get a blank screen. Other combinations seem to work?
EDIT2: Nevermind. I think I caused this myself by importing BMT *after* TVE. (and unzipping)
EDIT3: Ok, after recovering from new files being overwritten (Vista unzip is changing file dates to today for me on files from internet zone), I'm still having the same problem. As soon as I enable the Movie Files filter, to 'include', I get no entries.
Does the filter not apply cumulatively, somehow?

Last edited by bluenote; 01-18-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just got this going today and the sagex version is what was holding me up. I definitely overlooked that and was banging my head for a bit. I had version 6.5.2 or something similar. It worked like a charm after I got the new one, so that could be something stopping a few people. My screen looked nearly identical to tmiranda's. Anyways, good job razr!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnovak View Post
This add on really makes it for me. Thank you for your work on this razrsharpe!!

I have just one suggestion. I would like to be able to trigger the options menu from the S/E view, with a particular season selected.

Thank you for is this!!!!

Cory
Ill see what i can do... what i'll probably do is make the options button take you to TVEOptions everywhere except when you are focused on the Group or Episode Panel

Quote:
EDIT: When I turn on "Movies - Include" in the filters menu, I get a blank screen. Other combinations seem to work?
EDIT2: Nevermind. I think I caused this myself by importing BMT *after* TVE. (and unzipping)
EDIT3: Ok, after recovering from new files being overwritten (Vista unzip is changing file dates to today for me on files from internet zone), I'm still having the same problem. As soon as I enable the Movie Files filter, to 'include', I get no entries.
Does the filter not apply cumulatively, somehow?
The trick with the filters is that they are exclusive.... so if you set Movies to Include that means all other recordings (ie ones that arent Movies) will not be shown. So if you if you do not have any movies in your recordings setting the Movie filter to Include will result in no entries. I'll look into it but I'm pretty sure the Movie filter is working as i expect it to.

RE: installing BMT after TVE. You need to install the latest sagex last. BMT ships with an older version of Sagex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLJLxx View Post
I just got this going today and the sagex version is what was holding me up. I definitely overlooked that and was banging my head for a bit. I had version 6.5.2 or something similar. It worked like a charm after I got the new one, so that could be something stopping a few people. My screen looked nearly identical to tmiranda's. Anyways, good job razr!
RE: layout looking like tmiranda's screenshot. That is what TVE looks out if the defaults are not loaded. This would happen when TVE doesnt load properly... like when the sagex version is out of date. If you go to TVEOptions -> Main -> Load Defaults that should update the layout appropriately.

RE sagex - I will add a note to the installation instructions that the sagex version needs to be updated to 6.6.1 or later. Sorry for not catching this initially.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

I also had a question about the preview window. Is there any way to go straight to the current recording being played back through the TVE preview? The only way I can figure is to back out to the main menu and then go through the preview window on the home screen.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Ill see what i can do... what i'll probably do is make the options button take you to TVEOptions everywhere except when you are focused on the Group or Episode Panel
Oops I think I wasn't clear. I mean to use the set watched / set archived / etc options, from the season selection (far right) as well as episodes and series, not jump to the TVE Options menu.

Quote:
The trick with the filters is that they are exclusive.... so if you set Movies to Include that means all other recordings (ie ones that arent Movies) will not be shown. So if you if you do not have any movies in your recordings setting the Movie filter to Include will result in no entries. I'll look into it but I'm pretty sure the Movie filter is working as i expect it to.
Really? But you have the options to "include" or "exclude" ... in how you are describing, what would be the case for excluding movies, since they would never be grouped with anything else .. ? Maybe I need to have another look at that menu, but it seemed so obvious to me at the time that those options would be very powerful cumulative. I mean, surely some of them already are, aren't they??

How do you envision the movie view working then? (And, are they TV movies, or from imported videos, or ... ?) I was sort of thinking that doing an "include" on movies, would give me basically a folder called "Movies" in the series list. (a la the way malores mods used to give you a movies folder in among your tv shows for example).

Thanks

Cory

Last edited by bluenote; 01-19-2010 at 02:38 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quick question, you used to be able to get rid of the text on the banners, but I no longer see that as an option, am i missing it?
Old 01-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnovak View Post
Oops I think I wasn't clear. I mean to use the set watched / set archived / etc options, from the season selection (far right) as well as episodes and series, not jump to the TVE Options menu.
ahhhh we're on the same page now It all makes sense, seems useful and should be easy enough to add... ill see what i can do.

Quote:
Really? But you have the options to "include" or "exclude" ... in how you are describing, what would be the case for excluding movies, since they would never be grouped with anything else .. ? Maybe I need to have another look at that menu, but it seemed so obvious to me at the time that those options would be very powerful cumulative. I mean, surely some of them already are, aren't they??

How do you envision the movie view working then? (And, are they TV movies, or from imported videos, or ... ?) I was sort of thinking that doing an "include" on movies, would give me basically a folder called "Movies" in the series list. (a la the way malores mods used to give you a movies folder in among your tv shows for example).
The filters menu will not change the display of the TVE menu it will only change the data that is being displayed. TVE will only display TV recorded movies, it will not show imported movies (at least currently i could look at adding this but that's the way it is currently). For imported content to show up, the MediaType must = "TV" (set in the extrametadata field (BMT is the easiest way to do this)).

There really is no "Movie View" per se. There are some options for displaying movies (ie group them all into a single group (on by default), and move the group to the top of the list (on by default). When you exclude movies they are just not shown at all... completely absent from the displayed dataset.

Onto to the Filters menu and how i envision it working (note that the major upgrade for v2 is a complete rework of the filters menu and its associated backend to give the user the option to store filter sets and make them much more flexible giving complete control over the behavior of the fitler... so a lot of what i am about to say may change).
  • Each filter has three options (Include, Exclude, No Filter)
    • Include - the mediafiles are filtered to include ONLY those items that DO match the criteria (movie, watched, archive, imported tv, etc)
    • Exclude - the mediafiles are filtered to include ONLY those items that DO NOT match the criteria
    • No Filter - the mediafiles are not filtered. The mediafiles are passed onto the next filter as is.
  • The filters execute sequentially. The output from one filter is then passed into the input of the next filter. I believe they execute in the order of the filter menu (from top to bottom) but would have to check the code to make sure (not at home right now).
Therefore, to get an unfiltered dataset (broadest range of video files that TVE will currently display) all the filters must be set to "No Filter". Hopefully this makes a little more sense... just holler if it doesn't And like i said currently the filters are pretty limiting (no advanced expression evaluator supporting ands, ors, and grouped expression, no ability to filter by categories, no ability to store filter sets)... Basically everything is going to be redone for v2 so if you have any suggestions/features you want to see now is the time to speak up
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Quick question, you used to be able to get rid of the text on the banners, but I no longer see that as an option, am i missing it?
The text should never display over the banners anymore. If it does you could have an old property item laying around. To fix orphaned TVE properties go to TVEOptions -> Main -> Load Defaults.

All/most of the options for how the cell is displayed for the group has been rolled into TVEOptions -> Browser -> Group Style.
  • Left (default) - Left: Banner, title text is not displayed unless the banner does not exist; Right: date/watched count
  • Left No Banner - Left: title text (no banner is displayed; Right: date/watched count
  • Left overlay - Banner is stretched across full cell; Left: title text is not displayed unless the banner does not exist; Right: date/watched count
  • Top, Top No Banner, Top overlay - same as the corresponding left options except Left = Top and Right = Bottom.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLJLxx View Post
I also had a question about the preview window. Is there any way to go straight to the current recording being played back through the TVE preview? The only way I can figure is to back out to the main menu and then go through the preview window on the home screen.
that's actually a bug that i haven't fixed yet. You can not navigate to the preview window to bring it in focus and maximize it. In the mean time you can use the TV button on the HD200 remote (ctrl + v on a keyboard) to maximize the currently playing video in the preview window.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Razr, thanks for the quick reply. That is how mine display's now, but before you could turn off the text entirely. my text is displaying the way you outlined, i want to tun it off completely (unless there is no banner in which case just the title would be nice)

is that possible?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
i want to tun it off completely (unless there is no banner in which case just the title would be nice)
That's what it should be doing. Only display a title if there is no associated banner. There is no longer an option to overlay the title text on top of the banner. If that is not what it is doing can you attach a screenshot of what it looks like?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
ahhhh we're on the same page now It all makes sense, seems useful and should be easy enough to add... ill see what i can do.
Thanks

Quote:
Onto to the Filters menu and how i envision it working (note that the major upgrade for v2 is a complete rework of the filters menu and its associated backend to give the user the option to store filter sets and make them much more flexible giving complete control over the behavior of the fitler... so a lot of what i am about to say may change).

Therefore, to get an unfiltered dataset (broadest range of video files that TVE will currently display) all the filters must be set to "No Filter". Hopefully this makes a little more sense... just holler if it doesn't And like i said currently the filters are pretty limiting (no advanced expression evaluator supporting ands, ors, and grouped expression, no ability to filter by categories, no ability to store filter sets)... Basically everything is going to be redone for v2 so if you have any suggestions/features you want to see now is the time to speak up
I understand better now, thank you. I think I got confused with some comments I've seen you make about the *upcoming* functionality and somehow thought that those future features were actually implemented... I can't wait to see V2 in this respect.

thanks again for all your work on this, its given new life to my sage setup.

Cory
Old 01-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

i'll post a screen when i get home tonight, but the text isn't on top of the banner its below with the date and episode count and stuff like that. I'd like to turn that off if possible.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hey guys, I just uploaded the new version to the downloads area. Get it here.
[*]Movies can be grouped into a single item
Is there any way to create any other grouping similar to Movies? I have quite a few recordings of Music shows (Unplugged, Storytellers, cross roads, etc) that would be nice to group together?