SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
The example I ran into tonight was a series that I only had one episode of. I watched the episode and set it to delete and set watched when I finished. I was then returned to TVE with the previous list of episodes (only one) shown even though it had been deleted. In the previous release I would then hit the back arrow twice and end up with the cursor on the TV Guide icon at the top of the left most row. This time I couldn't more the cursor at all. I even tried reloading TVE and it still wouldn't move until I hit the home key. This is on an HD200 if that makes a difference.
ahhh thats a new use case... (i was testing for options -> delete while in TVE)... I am able to reproduce it... the problem is that it doesnt know where it should focus back to (because that group is missing)... if the group as more then a single episode in it (ie the group still exists after deleting the episode at the end of play) it works reasonably well... the episode that you just deleted is still in the list but it does not freeze navigation...

I'll see if i can figure out a work around so at the very least it doesn't freeze navigation (and even better refreshes the list for this scenario)...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-04-2010, 09:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Just found a really odd issue. I was able to reproduce this every time by simply backing out to the main menu and going back into TVE. It's hard to describe, so I took a picture.

If I go left once, to the the options panel, then all the fanart shows up again and the counts go back to normal.

I restarted SageTV and it's working fine again. I never saw this on previous versions of TVE and I haven't changed anything else since the upgrade. Not sure if it's something to worry about, since it may never happen again, but wanted to bring it up.

EDIT: It's still happening under the same circumstances. Let me know if you'd like me to do any testing/debugging.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-03-04 22 30 17.jpg (50.3 KB, 172 views)
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7

Last edited by Skirge01; 03-05-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Sage Icon

I was just trying to figure out how to describe this as well. On mine the fanart actually shows up, but the banners don't. I think that's what I'm seeing in your screenshot.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've having an issue where the wrong banner is showing up for a show. It looks like I have 5 different series of Reno 911, but four of them are actually other shows.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 03-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Sage Icon

@toricred, Skirge01 - Im aware of that one... forgot to fix it before release.... (i changed how i determined the watched count and it has to do with initializing variables etc (or some such...) sorry about that... ) Ive found that when entering the menu if you nav left (onto the left selection panel) and then right back onto the Group panel then everything refreshes... not ideal i know but it works for now until i push a new build...

@Sparhawk - Ive never seen this (at least in released versions )... Delete all the TVExplorer cache images (SageTV Install Directory\cache\imagefactory\TVExplorerBanners and \TVExplorerPosters directories). After deleting the images try again. Sage\phoenix will recreate and cache the images again....

Are the posters also wrong or just the banners? Have you confirmed that the fanart (originals in the central fanart directory) is correct?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Have been experiencing the same issue as Sparhawk6, will delete and rebuild cache, and let you know how it wirks.

Grant
Old 03-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post

@Sparhawk - Ive never seen this (at least in released versions )... Delete all the TVExplorer cache images (SageTV Install Directory\cache\imagefactory\TVExplorerBanners and \TVExplorerPosters directories). After deleting the images try again. Sage\phoenix will recreate and cache the images again....

Are the posters also wrong or just the banners? Have you confirmed that the fanart (originals in the central fanart directory) is correct?
Clearing the cache did not help. Both the posters and banners are wrong. For some reason, Reno 911 shows up for NBA Basketball and Project Runway. There are no fanart directories for either NBA or Project Runway, because BMT has not downloaded anything.

*Edit: It looks like the BMT 4.0 beta might be the problem. For some reason it's naming those shows as Reno 911. Ugh. It's all messed up.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit

Last edited by Sparhawk6; 03-05-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
Clearing the cache did not help. Both the posters and banners are wrong. For some reason, Reno 911 shows up for NBA Basketball and Project Runway. There are no fanart directories for either NBA or Project Runway, because BMT has not downloaded anything.

*Edit: It looks like the BMT 4.0 beta might be the problem. For some reason it's naming those shows as Reno 911. Ugh. It's all messed up.
I havent yet played with BMT 4.0... but that could very well be the problem... What does BMT report the MediaTitle to be for the problem videos? .. TVE uses that for everything...

Are the episodes being grouped by title correctly?
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 03-06-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
I've having an issue where the wrong banner is showing up for a show. It looks like I have 5 different series of Reno 911, but four of them are actually other shows.
This may be an issue similar to the one I was experiencing with BMT4.0 that I described here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...5&postcount=55

As Razrsharpe mentioned, check your mediatitle properties. My mediatitles were displaying the one for the last show that I fetched metadata for (and saved), regardless of what the show was.

I'm still not really sure what fixed it for me. I updated to beta15, cleared some duplicate jars that were indicated in the webui (though stuckless said that the ones that were duped for me shouldn't affect BMT, he suggested I delete them anyways), and rebooted my server. Haven't had the issue come back since.

EDIT: I believe the issue for me was that the Display title was correct, all the other metadata info was from the last manual fetch I did on the ui.

Last edited by petereader; 03-06-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Sage Icon

Just pushed a new version which should fix the null watched count/no banner issue, and the bug when deleting a mediafile... see the notification post for all the details
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

Just an FYI about my future development plans for TVE.... TVE v2 will be a from the ground up rewrite of TVE. This as become necessary for lots of reasons but here are some of the main ones:
-the project has obviously grown from the original scope and as such the code has become a mild nightmare to follow...
-controlling focus in TVE is a ROYAL nightmare (this became very apparent in the recent work with the delete code.. it was WAY too much work to make sure focus is maintained properly...)
-TVE has LOTS of depencies on SageMC... These need to be removed so it will work as an import in ortus (or the default STV with very minimal work)

Anyways... because I'm rewriting TVE from scratch there will be no more major (or minor) feature updates to TVE 1.x. As bugs arise in 1.x i will release bug fix releases as I'm able. I do not have a timeline on TVE 2.0 but will keep you all updated when i have something to share
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-06-2010, 09:59 PM
SageTVaholic

First, thanks so much for the alpha overlay option! I know I'm the only one who "complained", so I really appreciate the effort to add it. Second, it does look like the "null" issue is resolved. I haven't been able to get it to happen again with this version.

As of right now, TVE is functioning better than I ever hoped, so I look forward to your work on v2. BTW... if you need an alpha or beta tester at any point, just PM me. I'd be happy to run it through the ringer on my system. I've never really run into any issue with your releases, but I'd still be a willing test subject for an early v2. My system is backed up every night, so I have no fear of any issues.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 03-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
First, thanks so much for the alpha overlay option! I know I'm the only one who "complained", so I really appreciate the effort to add it. Second, it does look like the "null" issue is resolved. I haven't been able to get it to happen again with this version.
no worries.. the alpha options was easy peasy to add ... and glad to have confirmation on the null issue

Quote:
As of right now, TVE is functioning better than I ever hoped, so I look forward to your work on v2. BTW... if you need an alpha or beta tester at any point, just PM me. I'd be happy to run it through the ringer on my system. I've never really run into any issue with your releases, but I'd still be a willing test subject for an early v2. My system is backed up every night, so I have no fear of any issues.
once i get to the point of beta testing ill give you a ring
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Sage User

I am running SageTV 6.6.2.218, SageMC STV 6.3.9a, Phoenix API 61, Phoenix JAR 1.44, and TVExplorer 1.01.038, as well as the latest sageortus.jar as suggested earlier in this thread. I am working with imported TV episodes, not SageTV recordings. I have been struggling to get TVExplorer to match the image in the first post in this thread, or at least to get series titles in the left pane with the respective episodes in the right pane. I have tried all possible settings in TVExplorer, but the best I can get is what you see below:

TVExplorer1.PNG

As you can see, all I get is a list of ALL the episodes on my hard drive, even though the import directory structure is: E:\Television\Battlestar Galactica\Season 01\Battlestar Galactica - s01e01 -33.mkv (as an example). Is this a folder structure problem? This structure works perfectly using Media Browser inside Windows 7 Media Center, but I have a SageTV HD Theater connected to my SageTV server PC. Sage Movie Wall works perfectly for my movie collection and I would very much like to get TVExplorer working just as well. I have been unable to find out how to set up folder, metadata, etc., structures to work properly with TVExplorer (if this is a structural problem).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
-TVE has LOTS of depencies on SageMC... These need to be removed so it will work as an import in ortus (or the default STV with very minimal work)
I know all about those dependencies It's almost inevitable to have them if you want to have any import to be well integrated into the overall STV. Untangling my version from the default STV would be equally difficult.

I appreciate all of your work on this and look forward to the next version.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by newpath View Post
I am running SageTV 6.6.2.218, SageMC STV 6.3.9a, Phoenix API 61, Phoenix JAR 1.44, and TVExplorer 1.01.038, as well as the latest sageortus.jar as suggested earlier in this thread.
I don't think this is the root of your problem but each release of TVE includes the latest ortus jar. So you should install the one packaged with the TVE install. At some point this wont be the case anymore and you'll have to get it separately but for now it's included...

Quote:
I am working with imported TV episodes, not SageTV recordings. I have been struggling to get TVExplorer to match the image in the first post in this thread, or at least to get series titles in the left pane with the respective episodes in the right pane. ... I have been unable to find out how to set up folder, metadata, etc., structures to work properly with TVExplorer (if this is a structural problem).
Your folder structure is not a problem (in fact TVE does not care what your folder structure is because it is not recreating your folder structure). It uses the metadata that BMT creates. When using the default TVE settings (TVE Options -> Main -> Load Defaults) each episode must have with it an associated .properties file created by BMT that fills out the MediaTitle and MediaType fields. MediaTitle is the Show Name ("Battle Star Gallactica" in your case) and MediaType = "TV". When using the default settings if those two criteria are not met (MediaType and MediaTitle) TVE will not show you anything... My gut tells me that is your problem (incorrect / incomplete metadata) because you are also not seeing any of the other metadata (Season number, Episode Number, Episode Title is just the filename, no description, etc)

I would check out BMT and make sure your metadata is correct: last stable release and public beta
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Sage User

Thanks razrsharpe. You were exactly right. I suspected it was related to me not using BMT. I was trying to get away with it because I had a lot of problems with BMT in the past. Installing the latest version solved all the problems and now TVExplorer is just about perfect. Thanks again for your help.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by newpath View Post
Thanks razrsharpe. You were exactly right. I suspected it was related to me not using BMT. I was trying to get away with it because I had a lot of problems with BMT in the past. Installing the latest version solved all the problems and now TVExplorer is just about perfect. Thanks again for your help.
Great glad you got it working ... more as an FYI, you don't necessarily need to use bmt to create the metadata (it's just one of the easiest ways...). You can also use mediashrink or do it by hand. The trick is you need to create a properties file with at least MediaType and MediaTitle in them. TVE also uses the Description, EpisodeTitle, EpisodeNumber, SeasonNumber, and OriginaAirDate fields...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Sage Icon

razrsharpe,

This release is so close to perfect that I just don't see anything I'll ask for in the way of bug fixes. I would also really appreciate access to any test versions you have for version 2. This import is absolutely key to my use of Sage and has the whole family loving the whole experience. They really noticed when I ran into the problem with deleting the last recording in a group and were more than willing to use a work around knowing you would have it fixed soon. Thank you so much for blowing my FAF (Family Acceptance Factor) through the roof!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

In the original MyTV, when BMT was installed, I could right click on a given show to manually download metadata. I do not see this in TVE. I could have sworn it was there. I just reinstalled my whole SageTV set up. Either I installed the STVi's in the wrong order or I am remembering incorrectly.

There are some shows BMT can not automatically find the metadata. A little manualy help is required.

Does BMT integrate to TVE in this way?