SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-23-2009, 05:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Yes. it is my fault I'll post a fix when I have some time. Real Life is pretty busy over the next few days.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

I fixed the bug, please download Phoenix Fanart for the Default STV version 1.4. Sorry for the inconvenience.

For those having problems with their STV reverting back to 2009072401, it was probably caused by my Phoenix Fanart for the Default STVi. A new version is available that fixes the problem.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Downloadable Update: STV v6.6.2.17, 2009100701

A downloadable STV update is available -- go to Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Check for STV Update.

The v6.6.1/v6.6.2 STV file set 2009091601 will be updated to version 2009100701, updating the default STV with these changes:

6.6.2.17 -- 2009100701
  1. Added option for HD200 to use music visualizations if firmware is "20090911 0" or newer.
  2. When using an HD200, do a one-time forced setting to use music visualization mode if the firmware is new enough.
  3. The "Automatic Library Rescan Frequency" option is now entered in minutes instead of hours.
  4. Video conversion: changed "replace original" option to "Delete original when done" and allowed a destination folder to be set when the option is checked. Previously, no destination folder setting was allowed when replace original was selected.
  5. If file browser folder path is invalid or empty, add "Go Back" button on center of screen.
  6. Can use subcategories for podcast feed categories.
  7. Add scroll bar when needed to the Online Services menu.
  8. When using Back in podcast subcategory, if no more menu history exists, jump to Online Services menu.
  9. Added support for multiple pages of results for YouTube video lists.
  10. If the Hulu Desktop app is installed on a Windows system, then add "Launch Hulu Desktop" to the SageTV desktop client's Online Services menu. If Hulu Desktop is not found, then add removable option to browse to the Hulu Desktop download web page.
  11. HD200 in extender mode has option to use visualizations + song info display during music playback.

Note: If you are using Vista, the STV update option may not be available. If you are unable to use the downloadable STV update within the SageTV v6.6.2 UI, you can manually install the update:
  1. Download the update file:
    2009100701.zip

2. Make backup copies of this file: SageTV3.xml, found in <SageTV install path>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3

3. Unzip the file to you SageTV install directory where SageTV.exe is located, making sure to preserve the zip file's directory structure. This will overwrite SageTV3.xml in <SageTV install path>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3. Make sure the updated file does not end up in Vista's VirtualStore.

4. Restart SageTV or reload the default STV (SageTV3.xml) in the SageTV UI at Detailed Setup -> Advanced.

The STV version will be listed in System Information as v6.6.2.17.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:14 AM
Sage Icon

"10. If the Hulu Desktop app is installed on a Windows system, then add "Launch Hulu Desktop" to the SageTV desktop client's Online Services menu. If Hulu Desktop is not found, then add removable option to browse to the Hulu Desktop download web page."

I have the Hulu Desktop app installed but this new update only gives me the option to "Get Hulu Application" not to launch it.

The Hulu desktop app was installed to the default location with all default settings. Basically just next, next ... finish install.

S
Old 10-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
I have the Hulu Desktop app installed but this new update only gives me the option to "Get Hulu Application" not to launch it.
Would you post a debug log that includes going to the Online Services menu?

And, what version of Windows & Hulu Desktop do you have?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Sage Icon

Windows XP all updates. Hulu 0.9.7.1 SWF 0.9.10.3
Hulu is installed to:
C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\Local Settings\Application Data\HuluDesktop

With the Sage client closed I manually enabled debug logging, started the client, navigated to the Online Services menu, clicked the "Get Hulu App" menu item, clicked "No" then back to Main and exited. Log file attached.

S
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (62.3 KB, 584 views)
Old 10-08-2009, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Well, at least the correct path was being found, according to the log.

But, I used the wrong API call in the STV to check that the exe file exists. If you use Studio, you can change this line:
IsFilePath(HuluEXECommand)

To:
IsLocalFilePath(HuluEXECommand)

That should work on a client. I'll fix it for the next update -- thanks for the info about it.

- Andy
Old 10-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

That did the trick. Thanks.

S
Old 10-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Sage User

no hd-200 support for Hulu

That stinks

hopefully soon
Old 10-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2ng View Post
no hd-200 support for Hulu
That stinks

hopefully soon
I think you're confused.
try this: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44446
Old 10-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Downloadable Update: STV v6.6.2.18, 2009101301

A downloadable STV update is available -- go to Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Check for STV Update.

The v6.6.1/v6.6.2 STV file set 2009100701 will be updated to version 2009101301, updating the default STV with these changes:

6.6.2.18 -- 2009101301
  1. Fixed issue checking for local Hulu Desktop application file path.
  2. Added support for using external program to generate a podcast feed.
    Note: If you are using evilpenguin's Playon customization, you will need the update for that customization before it will work with this STV update.
  3. Added support for loading multiple custom online video properties files.
  4. Fixed issue with "More" button disappearing for Google videos when the online video results menu was reloaded.
  5. System Info: Added OS name & version, and MD5 prefix values for the current STV file and online video link file.
  6. Fixed issue where if music visualizations were enabled, then the song info position was never updated when the screen saver was active.
  7. Removed Random Videos from the Google Video menu, since the feed is obsolete.

Note: If you are using Vista, the STV update option may not be available. If you are unable to use the downloadable STV update within the SageTV v6.6.2 UI, you can manually install the update:
    2009101301.zip

2. Make backup copies of this file: SageTV3.xml, found in <SageTV install path>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3

3. Unzip the file to you SageTV install directory where SageTV.exe is located, making sure to preserve the zip file's directory structure. This will overwrite SageTV3.xml in <SageTV install path>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3. Make sure the updated file does not end up in Vista's VirtualStore.

4. Restart SageTV or reload the default STV (SageTV3.xml) in the SageTV UI at Detailed Setup -> Advanced.

The STV version will be listed in System Information as v6.6.2.18.

- Andy
Old 10-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Downloadable Update: STV v6.6.2.19, 2009102001

The v6.6.1/v6.6.2 STV file set 2009101301 will be updated to version 2009102001, updating the default STV with these changes:

6.6.2.19 -- 2009102001
  1. Fixed issue where SageTV Recordings list was not correctly displayed after changing the grouping option.
  2. Added option to load custom STV if in custom STV mode and gReloadCustomSTVOnPlayback is true when the playback menu is loaded.
  3. Improved input response for NTE in general.

2009102001.zip

The STV version will be listed in System Information as v6.6.2.19.

- Andy
Old 11-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Sage User

When I go to update in sage TV it says there is no newer update available. The version I have is 2009102001.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

The v6.6.1/v6.6.2 STV file set 2009101301 will be updated to version 2009102001

Sounds like you are updated
Old 11-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1475 View Post
When I go to update in sage TV it says there is no newer update available. The version I have is 2009102001.
OK... well, I guess I'll say thanks for confirming it is working properly.

- Andy
Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Out of curiosity, what is the actual cause of this? I've got Windows 7 running on pretty much everything I own. The Win7 SageTV Server has auto-update working fine... the win7 laptop with SageClient does not. What does it check when determining whether to show that option?

Thanks,
Chris

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
What does it check when determining whether to show that option?
That info is on pages 193-194 in the SageTV PDF manual.

- Andy
Old 11-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Downloadable Update: STV v6.6.2.22, 2009111701

The v6.6.1/v6.6.2 STV file set 2009102001 will be updated to version 2009111701, updating the default STV with these changes:

6.6.2.22 -- 2009102001
  1. Added info about the library scan activity indicator to Setup -> Help -> Interface Guide -> View Menu Header Information.
  2. Hidden: malore menus: sort shows & airings case insensitively in additional places where needed.
  3. When copying a lineup instead of reusing a lineup, temporarily configure the tuner to use the lineup being copied so that the core can do things such as copy the frq file from a tuner using the to-be-copied lineup, if one exists. Also, copy physical channel remaps for any remapped channels on the original lineup.
  4. Added Broadcast Standard to Source Details menu for digital tuners.
  5. Set focus to current STV in STV file selection dialog.
  6. Added channel description to pop-up dialog shown after selecting a New Channel system message.
  7. After installing an STV update, clear the last online video update check time. Note: This will affect the next STV update.

2009111701.zip

The STV version will be listed in System Information as v6.6.2.22.

- Andy
Old 11-18-2009, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
That info is on pages 193-194 in the SageTV PDF manual.
Okay, so that option works great on my Client.. My question still remains though, in that my server/client, running on Win7, has no problem updating, and this property doesn't even exist in the sageclient.properties.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Administrator

That property won't exist unless it needs to be checked -- either UAC is disabled in the registry on that PC (as the manual mentions) or there is a problem in the way the STV is checking UAC status in Windows 7... which is entirely possible, but since you said the option is available on one Win 7 system & not another, that tells me it might be working after all.

While running the latest STV, go to System Info & tell me exactly what it says after "Operating System:" on a Win 7 system.

- Andy