SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
If I'm not mistaken they are NOT cumulative. It will apply the STV updates starting with what you have and will apply each update version. Pay attention to the messages you receive after you update because you may be required to press the update button again.
For GUI based update, I know that is true, but you don't really have a choice in the matter based on the GUI prompts. In his case though, I believe that is he is referring to manual installations. I thought those were cumulative?
SageTV 6.6.2|SageMC 6.3.9b_24 (clients)|
3x HD-PVR (FiOS) - Firewire Tuning|1x HDHomeRun
Old 01-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Administrator

They are not cumulative. The UI actually skips a few that have only the same file(s), but if you are doing it manually, your best bet is to download all of them.

On the other hand, I don't think there was anything critical that you would miss by just using the last update. I think there was a new image for a hidden feature and some updates included new online video files that SageTV will automatically download within 24 hours anyway. The STV updates included them to get the updated online video files quicker.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Any word if sage is planning on moving to user space for data in the future, so this is not an issue, and the auto-update would work for everyone? I'm to understand the mac version already has data split to user space.. why not on windows yet? (At the very least, change the default install folder to C:\SageTV on windows installs?)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
They are not cumulative. The UI actually skips a few that have only the same file(s), but if you are doing it manually, your best bet is to download all of them.

On the other hand, I don't think there was anything critical that you would miss by just using the last update. I think there was a new image for a hidden feature and some updates included new online video files that SageTV will automatically download within 24 hours anyway. The STV updates included them to get the updated online video files quicker.

- Andy
So one could just take the latest version of the other 3 files, combine them with the latest Sage.xml in the latest update, and then just load once in Sage? Or would you actually have to load all ~10 updates manually?
SageTV 6.6.2|SageMC 6.3.9b_24 (clients)|
3x HD-PVR (FiOS) - Firewire Tuning|1x HDHomeRun
Old 01-18-2010, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by koan00 View Post
So one could just take the latest version of the other 3 files, combine them with the latest Sage.xml in the latest update, and then just load once in Sage? Or would you actually have to load all ~10 updates manually?
Yes.

I suppose I'm trying to have it both ways:

1) Technically, the latest downloadable STV update is not cumulative. To make sure you have everything you should grab every update.

But...

2) ... because the files you would miss by only using the last update aren't critical currently & the online videos properties files will get updated automatically sooner or later after installing the last STV update, you could cheat & just grab the last STV update. (If you have problems, go back to option 1.)

Maybe in the future I'll make the manual download cumulative, but I don't do that for the auto-updates because then you would end up with multiple (useless) backup copies of certain files because any file to be updated gets copied to a backup before the updated version gets applied.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Sage Icon

Andy,

Please confirm or correct me if I am wrong...

I believe that it is possible to update multiple files as part of the auto-update process (not just the STV, but potentially other items such as new graphics files, JAR files, or other support files).

So far, all of the updates have been limited to just the main STV file and the online feed definitions. This is why right now, with the updates that have been released so far, it would be safe to just grab the latest update. However, that may not always be true in the future.

This is why the automatic updater applies the updates one at a time starting with the oldest. To be safe, you should do the same if you are installing the updates manually.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I believe that it is possible to update multiple files as part of the auto-update process (not just the STV, but potentially other items such as new graphics files, JAR files, or other support files).
Yes.

Quote:
So far, all of the updates have been limited to just the main STV file and the online feed definitions. This is why right now, with the updates that have been released so far, it would be safe to just grab the latest update. However, that may not always be true in the future.
As I mentioned above, there has been a new graphics file for a hidden feature. It isn't critical to get that file, so if that isn't important to you, then grabbing every update isn't needed currently. (Or just look for the one with the new hidden feature w/image if updating manually.)

Quote:
This is why the automatic updater applies the updates one at a time starting with the oldest. To be safe, you should do the same if you are installing the updates manually.
The UI's updater does skip some files if starting from the beginning w/a fresh v6.6 install. The automatic installer will continue to download some & skip some depending on what an update calls for. As I mentioned above, in the future I'll try to create a single consolidated file for manual updates. For now, manually do what you feel like.

- Andy
Old 01-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryb33 View Post
Skimmed over this thread a few times and can't seem to see if the "updates" are accumalitive (only the last one) or do I have to do all of them in order.

Sorry if I missed it!!!!!!!!!

I will be going to 6.6 from 6.5. Just D/L 6.6 from Sage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koan00 View Post
They are cumulative. Just install 6.6 and then the latest STV update.
Loaded 6.62 last night.
UAC off on Vista.
Took less than 5 minutes to update to latest version through advance/update menu. Just kept doing update (5 or 6 times) til I had the latest.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Sage User

Where to start with previous updates

Quick question, I have the following version of SageTV and am running Vista with UAC turned on and as I understand it I need to manually run each of the updates which came out after my version.

My question is that it's not clear to me how far back to go and update... can you tell me what update to start with ...

My version info is....
SageTV: 6.6.2.218
Current STV theme: 6.6.2.0 July 24 2009
STV file set: 2009072401
Online Videos: 2009100201

thanks
Old 04-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdin77 View Post
Quick question, I have the following version of SageTV and am running Vista with UAC turned on and as I understand it I need to manually run each of the updates which came out after my version.

My question is that it's not clear to me how far back to go and update... can you tell me what update to start with ...
Please see the discussion immediately prior to your question, including this reply.

- Andy
Old 05-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Sage User

Are these dated? My STV reads July 2009. But I have issues playing back current Youtube, Google etc except HD Nation and Alaska HD, ABC, NBC, CBS news all playback find. So for us Windows 7 users we have to update all the files until it fixes the issues as I am ready above.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, they are dated and the latest is Dec 9, 2009. If you do not have that you need to update.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Today, SageTV had a blue icon message. When I looked at the message, it said that an STV 2009120901 was available.

When I clicked on the download STV link from the blue icon, it said it was already installed.

Are STV automatically installed? I thought one had to manually to into setup / advance and click on check for STV update?

I am on SageTV V6.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

My current STV version: 2009072401

Yesterday I kept updating to the very lasted don't remember the version number
but then restarted the computer and CPU was at 25-30% steady,
left the computer alone for more that 24 hrs and the same thing
could not move from item to item in Sage menu items.

I thought Sage must be rebuilding something in the background this is why I left alone
for 24 hrs. It was completly unusable, I have restored my Sage backup prior to
loading all the STV updates and now can move item to item as usual.

Any Idea what Sage was doing to cause slow moving from item to item in Sage menu items?

Does the STV update kick of a process of items to update?

Scat

Server: Intel i7-930 CPU @ 2.8GHz , 300GB HD, 24GB DDR3, Win 10 64-bit, (2) 2TB HD for recording
Capture Devices: 2xHD Homerun Prime 3 (CableCard) = 6 Tuners (Spectrum, TV package: Select), 1xHauppauge WinTv 885 (4 tuners OTA), 1xHauppauge WinTv-7164 (2 tuners OTA), Schedules Direct EPG
NAS: Synology DS1618+ 26.2TB Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR)
Sage Add-ons: Comskip Plug-in
Eventghost 0.5.0-RC4, Java Version: 1.8.0_172 (32-bit), Harmony 880, USB-UIRT
Old 05-31-2010, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scat View Post
Yesterday I kept updating to the very lasted don't remember the version number
but then restarted the computer and CPU was at 25-30% steady,
left the computer alone for more that 24 hrs and the same thing
could not move from item to item in Sage menu items.

I thought Sage must be rebuilding something in the background this is why I left alone
for 24 hrs. It was completly unusable, I have restored my Sage backup prior to
loading all the STV updates and now can move item to item as usual.

Any Idea what Sage was doing to cause slow moving from item to item in Sage menu items?

Does the STV update kick of a process of items to update?
I can't think of anything that would cause what you described. I would update the STV again. If you have problems again, be sure to check the debug log.

- Andy
Old 08-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Downloadable Update: STV v6.6.2.25, 2010080201

A downloadable STV update is available -- go to Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Check for STV Update.

The v6.6.1/v6.6.2 STV file set will be updated to version 2010080201, updating the default STV with these changes:

6.6.2.25 -- 2010080201
  1. When modifying existing import paths in the File Browser, add paths before removing any.
  2. Fixed YouTube video URL-finding issue in STV and online video links properties file.
  3. Updated online video feeds -- fixed or removed bad links; added some new links.
  4. If podcast has no enclosure, try looking for a Link entry instead.

Note: This is a cumulative update that includes all changes since v6.6.2 was released. Any STV file set version for v6.6.2 can update to this file set via a single update.

Note: If you are using Vista, the STV update option may not be available. If you are unable to use the downloadable STV update within the SageTV v6.6.2 UI, you can manually install the update:
  1. Download the update file:
    2010080201.zip

2. Make backup copies of this file: SageTV3.xml, found in <SageTV install path>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3

3. Unzip the file to your SageTV install directory where SageTV.exe is located, making sure to preserve the zip file's directory structure. This will overwrite SageTV3.xml in <SageTV install path>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3 and the online video properties files. Make sure the updated file does not end up in Vista's VirtualStore.

4. Restart SageTV or reload the default STV (SageTV3.xml) in the SageTV UI at Detailed Setup -> Advanced.

The STV version will be listed in System Information as v6.6.2.25.

- Andy
Old 08-04-2010, 07:45 PM

Latest STV doesn't render the menus correctly

I'm running 6.2.2.218 on Windows 7 Ultimate.
The Youtube links always generate an error such as "Unable to determine the file to play".
The Setup>Detailed Setup>Advanced> update option is not available, so I proceed to manually update per:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...995#post439995
After dropping the contents of 2010080201.zip into C:\Program Files\Sagetv\Sagetv folder and restarting Sagetv the menus are rendered as white text on a black background, and there is no indication of where focus is placed.
I managed to point to the new sagetv3.xml file, restarted Sagetv (service also) with the same result. What am I missing here? Should I have copied my old xml file back into the new folder or what?...BTW Youtube works now but the menu rendering is unacceptable.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Unzipping the file & preserving the folder structure inside the zip file should have caused the updated version of SageTV3.xml to overwrite the old one. Did it get put into the correct folder, or is it sitting in the same folder as sagetv.exe now? -- i.e.: you said you loaded the new SageTV3.xml file as your STV, but where did you find it?

- Andy
Old 08-04-2010, 08:57 PM

Latest STV doesn't render the menus correctly

Andy,

I think I see what's going wrong. Winrar is not maintaining the original path when decompressing the files.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 08-05-2010, 05:14 AM

Andy,

That was it. Bad file placement on my part. The online content is good to go. Now if only I could get the update option to show up under Setup>Detailed Setup>Advanced.