SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

New native recording patch

Updates:

Update 10
files to add to update 10

------------------------------------------

Here is a new native code for the next release, in which many long time problems have been fixed such as audio track issues in DVB stream,format detecting wrong, M2TS format native support..., and windows 7 video decoder supported (H.264).
Give it an run, if any problem, post your logs.

Patch List:
TSSplitter3.0.ax Version 3.0.0.20
MpegDeMux.ax Version 3.0.0.3
DShowPlayer.dll Version 3.0.0.2
DShowCapture.dll Version 3.0.0.11
TSSplitter3.0_install.bat
TSSplitter3.0_uninstall.bat

Install guide:
1. Shutdown sagetv.
2. copy files into places, DshowCapture.dll and DShowPlayer in SageTV/SageTV folder, TSSplitter3.0.ax and MpegDeMux.ax in SageTV/COmmon folder, backup the old files first in case you want to roll back.
3. register a new filter TSSplitter3.0.ax, run TSSplitter3.0_install.bat. for Window 7 you need run cmd as administrator to get an DOS window (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...vista-run-box/), and in DOS window go into SageTV/common folder to execute TSSplitter3.0_install.bat.
4. for Window 7 user to enable Microsoft video decoder (H.264 video decoder), the following lines have to be added into SageTV.properties, so that the decoder will be shown up in Setup UI.
videoframe/additional_video_filters=Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
videoframe/h264_video_decoder_filter=Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder

if you run into any problem, turn on native log and MpegDeMux log by creating files NATIVE_LOG.ENABLE and MPEGDEMUX_LOG.ENABLE in SageTV folder.

Qian
Old 08-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Excellent, thank you. I've got a new Win 7 PC I've been mucking with trying to get SageTV perfect. Looks like this will help.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

Noticed that for m2ts the splitter will connect to the arcsoft decoder for VC-1 content. Is the format they require publicly documented?

Also, the demuxer doesn't present TrueHD tracks. Will it?

If this splitter is present, will Sage use it instead of a different m2ts splitter? If so, is there a way to override that behavior (at least until TrueHD tracks are presented)?

Last edited by babgvant; 08-14-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Server and client

Hello All,

Should I install this on my server and my clients? I'm running a WHS server and a Windows 7 client.

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Sage Icon

if you just want the playback enhancements, install on just the client; otherwise both.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
Hello All,

Should I install this on my server and my clients? I'm running a WHS server and a Windows 7 client.

Thanks!
MpeDeMux.ax on Window 7 Client
TSSpliiter.ax DShowCapture.dll DShowPlayer.dll on WHS, if you would like to test.

Qian
Old 08-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Noticed that for m2ts the splitter will connect to the arcsoft decoder for VC-1 content. Is the format they require publicly documented?

Also, the demuxer doesn't present TrueHD tracks. Will it?

If this splitter is present, will Sage use it instead of a different m2ts splitter? If so, is there a way to override that behavior (at least until TrueHD tracks are presented)?
the next update will present TrueHD tracks, and also
give you an option to turn on/off with regsitry setting.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
the next update will present TrueHD tracks, and also
give you an option to turn on/off with regsitry setting.
Noticed that it does present DTS MA, but the only filter it will connect to is the ArcSoft audio decoder. I didn't try playing the file in Sage, but I haven't been able to get multi-channel output settings to stick with that decoder in the past. Is that something you've figured out (if not I have a suggestion)?

Are there plans to present the core using the standard DTS media type?

Is there an another audio filter that will connect to the presented media type that I just don't know about?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to understand what I'm opting into before making the jump on my server (it's on my client already).
Old 08-15-2009, 05:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have installed this (Windows 7 RTM Home Premium). Everything, including DVB H.264 channels and old recordings, work fine now using the Windows 7 default codec.

I do have two minor issues; firstly my debug log now has many hundreds of these messages: -

Sat 8/15 12:42:57.769 [MsgManager@1165e21] ERROR processing message of:java.util.NoSuchElementException

And secondly, when I use the Service Control to stop Sage a message pops up saying "The pipe has been ended". The service stops and starts ok desite this.

Edit: Ignore the java messages - a bit of codec tidying up and a reboot seems to have got rid of them..

Last edited by fac13; 08-15-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problem with watching non finished recordings

This new splitter seems to have a problem regarding the timeline, when watching recordings that are in progress.
When you play a recording that's not yet finished, it doesn't start at the beginning, but instead starts at the current "live" time. The display of the time bar does not reflect the correct time, since it shows the times that you would expect (start at the beginning not a real time, green/white colouring is wrong). These don't match what is actually played.
The behaviour when skipping forward is also pretty strange, since one skip sends you back to "recording" time and the next skipping brings you back "live".
Once you skip forward enough that you really are at real time according to the time bar everything seems to be OK. Now you can skip backward and forward again as expected (the colour green/white of the bar is now correct as well)

I'm running the latest Sage version (+SageMC) on Win7 x64 (shouldn't matter). I noticed this with a OTA/mpeg2 recording, but will try it on a mpeg4 hdpvr recording as well later...
Old 08-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am trying to figure out how to Install for my setup. I have Windows Server 2008 x86 on the SageTV server box and Win 7 x64 on my SageTV client boxes. Since Windows 2008 Server doesn't have the Win 7 native .264 capability, I am assuming that I only do the steps in post #1 on the Win 7 x64 client machines.

please confirm...
Old 08-17-2009, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes. This patch will only be applied to your Win 7 clients per the post.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Installed on Win 7 x64 Client. H.264 based files now play back, but the FF/RW behavior does not work (jumps forward on the time bar, but then counts backward and playback freezes or jumps).

VC-1 based content does not play back.

ideas?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

FF/REW issue on windows x64

We didn't test with a Windows 7 x64 machine, so didn't find the problem, could you post a MpegDeMux.log? I check if there is a quick fix.

Last edited by donkey; 08-17-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

I installed the relevant files on a new Windows 7 32-bit client. Everything works as it should. It's nice to have access to the MS decoder for MPEG-2.

I'm not using the built in h.264 decoder however since it's on an Atom/ION based PC.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyman1 View Post

I'm not using the built in h.264 decoder however since it's on an Atom/ION based PC.
The MS decoder works on my Nvidia HW for h.264; it should work for ION which is based on the 9400.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
The MS decoder works on my Nvidia HW for h.264; it should work for ION which is based on the 9400.
Is there anything special I need to do? Playback came to a screaching halt when I tried it. I had to switch back to CoreAVC with CUDA enabled.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Where can I find the MpegDeMux.log...I searched under the full c: drive and nothing showed up...I thought maybe my debug settings were wrong so I went into the app and turned debugging on, reset the server, and still no file.

thanks,

mv
Old 08-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyman1 View Post
Is there anything special I need to do? Playback came to a screaching halt when I tried it. I had to switch back to CoreAVC with CUDA enabled.
Try in GraphStudio with the EVR.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Is playback smooth for everyone? I seem to get sort of jerky playback on my desktop with this (which is better than what I had before ).