SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeven View Post
Arcsoft just release a new codec, is better then microsoft and also latest cyberlink, this version of codec: 2.27.278.98 ( sept 2009 version).
Did that come with TME, or TMT? I don't have an HD-PVR, but I think I heard there was a recent TME update for HD-PVR owners. I'm currently using the deocder from TMT 3 in vista for h.264, and it works the best out of all the h.264 decoders in existince.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkavanaugh View Post
It looks like from some recent posts that I should be able to get my Hauppauge 2250 to find ClearQAM channels. My Hauppauge 1600 finds them, and the WinTV 7 craplet finds them for the 2250, but even with the most recent updates here, I still can't get them with the 2250. Attached are my logs. Are there some settings I need to try?
Update 10 gets most of my channels. Only one is missing that I care about, the local Fox affiliate KPTM (should be physical channel 107-0-1). I've attached my new logs. When I try to manually tune it, it says the signal strength is 100%, but it never shows the channel.

Now that I've got the 2250 working, what is the best way of setting it up? It has two tuners that can be digital or analog. Which of these would be best:

1) Tuner 1 digital, Tuner 2 analog (I will want one of each)
2) Tuner 1 digital, Tuner 2 digital, Tuner 1 #2 analog, Tuner 2 #2 analog

i.e., do I set each one up twice (one digital, one analog) and, if so, how does Sage handle that?
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs-BrianK.zip (218.5 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by bkavanaugh; 10-31-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Additional information
Old 10-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/R...ngNative10.zip

-------- Update-10 --------
TSSplitter3.0.ax Version 3.0.0.40
DShowCapture.dll Version 3.0.0.20

Change log of 10/29/2009
1. Fix a crash bug on bad stream data
2. Fix missing QAM channels on scan
3. Fix Missing naked DVB-S channel on scan
4. Fix "no signal" problem on a stream has on more than 20 channls.
5. Fix missing very slow bit rate channel (DVB-S) on scan
6. Fix broken code on ITV HD channel or the same channel that H.264 stream is carried on a private stream.

The zip includes all patch file you need to upgrade in your server, the client end just needs MpegDeMux.ax DshowPlayer.dll.

Qian
I installed this on my Vista machine and everything seems to work ok, except it makes the Sage service max a core forever.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
I installed this on my Vista machine and everything seems to work ok, except it makes the Sage service max a core forever.
Oh dear! I've got it on my Windows 7 x64 machine and it is behaving normally.

I can confirm that it allows me to tune ITV HD again.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Sage User

Are any Uk people having problems with pixellated BBC HD with latest few patches?
Old 11-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by garystein View Post
Are any Uk people having problems with pixellated BBC HD with latest few patches?
I've just watched for a few minutes and haven't noticed any pixellation. I jumped from beta 7 to 10 so I don't know whether there were any problems with the versions in between.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Donkey,

I mentioned a problem I have in your previous SageTV Demux Beta for Windows w/ Accurate Seeking thread. I'm still having trouble with the latest demuxes.

I've had problems with quite a few H.264 recordings from my R5000 moded dish Vip211s with every version of the new demux after 2.0.1.28. In quite a few recordings, it will play up to a certain point, and then the video just goes black and the audio disapears. The sage timeline continues advancing like it thinks it's still playing, but it's not. The files play fine with other demuxes and with the sage beta demux version 2.0.1.28.

I have attached logs of a couple of problem files I ran into this weekend. A football game and an episode of Tosh.0.

I set up the football game to start recording 2 minutes before the actual start of the game. When sage starts playback with the native 10 demux, I just get a black screen and no audio. If I seek back to the start of the show (-1 minute 59 seconds), it starts playing. If I just let it run, it continues to play up throught the start of the game at the 0:00 mark. However, as soon as I skip, it goes back to a black screen and no audio. If I play the same file with version 2.0.1.28, it starts out at the 0:00 mark with no audio or video, but If I seek back to the beginning, then it starts playing correctly and I can seek around in the file without losing audio and video.

The episode of Tosh.0 has a little "glitch" somewhere around 1 minute into the show. If I try to play it with native 10, it plays ok, but any time I try to seek, it always goes back to a position around that 1 minute "glitch". If I play it with version 2.0.1.28, it suffers a little issue at the "glitch" point, but gets through it, and I'm able to seek around.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip sage_demux_bug_football_tosh.zip (15.2 KB, 186 views)
Old 11-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Sage User

"No Signal"

I have update 10 installed and I am having the "No Signal" problem tonight on channel 135-0-2. The native.log file mentions something about a stream being encrypted but I can view this channel on my TV just fine. Logs are attached.

I captured channel 135-0-2 raw data and can upload it if needed.

Timmy
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (118.9 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by TDaddy; 11-03-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkavanaugh View Post
Update 10 gets most of my channels. Only one is missing that I care about, the local Fox affiliate KPTM (should be physical channel 107-0-1). I've attached my new logs. When I try to manually tune it, it says the signal strength is 100%, but it never shows the channel.

Now that I've got the 2250 working, what is the best way of setting it up? It has two tuners that can be digital or analog. Which of these would be best:

1) Tuner 1 digital, Tuner 2 analog (I will want one of each)
2) Tuner 1 digital, Tuner 2 digital, Tuner 1 #2 analog, Tuner 2 #2 analog

i.e., do I set each one up twice (one digital, one analog) and, if so, how does Sage handle that?
Channel Scan missed channel 107-0-1, try this update http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/DShowCapture.dll, which increases processing time on a channel from 4 secto 5 sec.

you set up 1 digital and 1 analog, then use "Use or Copy Existing Channel Lineup.." to setup rest of tuners saving your time, sage copies lineup and .frq.

Qian
Old 11-04-2009, 05:48 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
Channel Scan missed channel 107-0-1, try this update http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/DShowCapture.dll, which increases processing time on a channel from 4 secto 5 sec.

you set up 1 digital and 1 analog, then use "Use or Copy Existing Channel Lineup.." to setup rest of tuners saving your time, sage copies lineup and .frq.

Qian
I think that did it. It also found a channel I didn't know I had at 107-0-4. Thanks!

So... are you saying that when I'm done setting everything up, I should have the following tuners listed:

1. Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog Capture #2 Digital TV Tuner
2. Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog Capture #2 TV Tuner
3. Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog Capture Digital TV Tuner
4. Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog Capture TV Tuner
5. Hauppauge WinTV 418 TS Capture Digital TV Tuner
6. Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture TV Tuner
7. Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture #2 TV Tuner

Or just 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Actually, the frq file is not copied when you choose to reuse or copy a lineup. Each digital tuner must do its own channel scan to find the frequencies it can tune or else it probably won't be able to tune all channels properly.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Actually, the frq file is not copied when you choose to reuse or copy a lineup. Each digital tuner must do its own channel scan to find the frequencies it can tune or else it probably won't be able to tune all channels properly.

- Andy

Strange, I thought when you copied or used an existing channel lineup it would not need to rescan but would copy and create another .frq for that tuner using existing data.
I have three dual tuners all of which pickup the exact same channels, I scanned once with one tuner then copied the other five tuners using the first scan. All my tuners work fine and each tuner does have its own .frq file ......works fine so far anyway.

Have I therefore done it wrong? Condused as I thought this was the whole point of copying an existing lineup.

Cheers

Ben

Edit:

Perhaps I'm wrong, I can't quite remember now even though I only did it five or so weeks ago.

Last edited by jaminben; 11-04-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:

- Andy
Hi Andy,

This has caught me out in the past and I assumed it was a bug. Maybe it would be an idea to display a message when the user tries to reuse or copy the lineup of another source when setting up a source that has never had a full channel scan performed on it (and therefore has no frq file). Otherwise it's not completely obvious to the uninitiated why source won't tune properly.

Neil
Old 11-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Strange, I thought when you copied or used an existing channel lineup it would not need to rescan but would copy and create another .frq for that tuner using existing data.
I have three dual tuners all of which pickup the exact same channels, I scanned once with one tuner then copied the other five tuners using the first scan. All my tuners work fine and each tuner does have its own .frq file ......works fine so far anyway.
Unless the core is doing something I'm not aware of (which I was looking into), then SageTV didn't copy the frq files. You can manually copy them, though. And, I think I heard that an OTA tuner may not always need a scan, but I'm not 100% sure about that, so I always say to scan to be sure.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Unless the core is doing something I'm not aware of (which I was looking into), then SageTV didn't copy the frq files. You can manually copy them, though. And, I think I heard that an OTA tuner may not always need a scan, but I'm not 100% sure about that, so I always say to scan to be sure.

- Andy
As I said I can't be 100% sure but I thought I only scanned once, I then altered my channels to the listing I wanted. Once I got the list organised I just copied that one tuner to all the others. I tested each tuner by recording 6 different channels (one for each tuner) and they all worked fine. I guess its not much of a bother for me as it works.... it would still be interesting to see if its been done correctly or not though.

Cheers

Ben
Old 11-04-2009, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

I think it comes down to the differences between OTA and QAM. I'm pretty sure QAM can't tune without the FRQ file, but ATSC (OTA) should be able to tune properly with just the 'physical' number that is stored in the lineup after the first scan.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I think it comes down to the differences between OTA and QAM. I'm pretty sure QAM can't tune without the FRQ file, but ATSC (OTA) should be able to tune properly with just the 'physical' number that is stored in the lineup after the first scan.
I don't use QAM or ATSC as far as I know but DVB-T. Over the weekend I'll remove five of the tuners and the relevent .frq files and try it again, would be quite interesting to see what happens in a weird sort of way.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't use QAM or ATSC as far as I know but DVB-T. Over the weekend I'll remove five of the tuners and the relevent .frq files and try it again, would be quite interesting to see what happens in a weird sort of way.

Masochist.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Masochist.

Gerry
As long as I backup it should be ok, just dont tell the wife.....

Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

don't bother to test, it wouldn't work. As only ATSC has fixed frequency assignment, sagetv is able to tune without a frq file but not guarantee a correct channel.

Qian