SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Administrator

I mentioned I was going to ask more about what the core is doing so here are the results of that... when you reuse a lineup, the core will try to find a frq file to copy. That's the part I was unaware of. However, if you copy a lineup, then no frq file will be copied. We'll be testing this more to see if we can get the lineup copy process to also try finding a frq to copy and testing the lineup reuse option to see if the frq file copy is working correctly.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
don't bother to test, it wouldn't work. As only ATSC has fixed frequency assignment, sagetv is able to tune without a frq file but not guarantee a correct channel.

Qian
That doesn't make any sense as I have an .frq for each tuner. I didn't add those files nor did I tune each of the six tuners. The more I think about it the more I'm sure I didnt scan six times. I've also looked at the .frq's and their exactly the same so it must've got the data from somewhere.... but where?

I guess I'm wrong as you wrote the programme but I'll still test just for my own morbid curiosity.

Cheers

Ben
Old 11-04-2009, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
That doesn't make any sense as I have an .frq for each tuner. I didn't add those files nor did I tune each of the six tuners. The more I think about it the more I'm sure I didnt scan six times. I've also looked at the .frq's and their exactly the same so it must've got the data from somewhere.... but where?

I guess I'm wrong as you wrote the programme but I'll still test just for my own morbid curiosity.

Cheers

Ben
read Andy's post above yours. It states that if you use the SAME lineup, it will attempt to find the right .FRQ file.. copying, on the other hand, will not. You probably didn't 'copy' the first line-up, but instead chose to use the existing one (which would make more sense to do anyways).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
read Andy's post above yours. It states that if you use the SAME lineup, it will attempt to find the right .FRQ file.. copying, on the other hand, will not. You probably didn't 'copy' the first line-up, but instead chose to use the existing one (which would make more sense to do anyways).
Yeah that makes sense and thats probably what I did, but it still doesn't explain why I have 6 .frq files. If I were to use the SAME lineup wouldn't I only have one .frq..... Its rather confusing.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah that makes sense and thats probably what I did, but it still doesn't explain why I have 6 .frq files. If I were to use the SAME lineup wouldn't I only have one .frq..... Its rather confusing.
No, you would end up with a frq for each tuner, since each tuner needs one to know how to tune the channels it can receive.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Sage User

Native Log and FRQ files

Qian,

Here is the log file you requested.

Timmy
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20091104_Logs.zip (11.0 KB, 322 views)
Old 11-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Actually, the frq file is not copied when you choose to reuse or copy a lineup. Each digital tuner must do its own channel scan to find the frequencies it can tune or else it probably won't be able to tune all channels properly.

- Andy
Quote:
Strange, I thought when you copied or used an existing channel lineup it would not need to rescan but would copy and create another .frq for that tuner using existing data.
Quote:
No, you would end up with a frq for each tuner, since each tuner needs one to know how to tune the channels it can receive.

- Andy
Thats my point, if I scan for channels with one tuner then use that tuners results to copy/reuse for the other tuners within the Sage UI it will put the conents of that .frq into the other tuners .frqs. Thus you only need to scan once and not multiple times for each subsequent tuner of the same type.

Sorry for being a bit dense but I think I've confused myself.

Cheers

Ben
Old 11-04-2009, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thats my point, if I scan for channels with one tuner then use that tuners results to copy/reuse for the other tuners within the Sage UI it will put the conents of that .frq into the other tuners .frqs. Thus you only need to scan once and not multiple times for each subsequent tuner of the same type.

Cheers

Ben
There should actually be a distinction here.. as Andy mentioned a few posts up... if you COPY a lineup, it won't copy the .FRQ file. however, if you REUSE a lineup, it will copy the .FRQ file to each tuner that you reuse the lineup for. (I think the assumption is that if you are reusing the lineup, it is indeed the same tuning system/broadcast, so the FRQ file can safely be copied. The FRQ files are associated with the tuners, NT the lineups.. that might be where your confusion was coming from.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Please note that I originally (mis)stated that SageTV never copies the frq file, which I found to be incorrect because I was not aware that there are situations where it does try to copy the frq file. I later mentioned that I found out that reusing the lineup copies the frq (which applies to your situation), but copying the lineup does not. So, we are doing further testing & code updates to improve frq copying in more situations.

- Andy
Old 11-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Sage Icon

All,
I just rebuilt my machine with the Windows 7 upgrade, and when I install this patch, it still doesn't show the MS codec for mp4, and my VC1 video files don't want to play at all. What did I do wrong? Everything was working with the RC version of W7. Did I miss a step? Just copy the files to 2 places, reg the one, and then add 2 lines to the prop files, correct?

EDIT: It seems only my .TS files are messed up. If I do a "View Video Detail", it's displaying weird data, like 40fps, and 16x32i. These are HD H.264 videos. Also, it the thumbnail view, they show as tall and skinny. I seem to remember having this problem before!
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)

Last edited by MattHelm; 11-04-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
All,
I just rebuilt my machine with the Windows 7 upgrade, and when I install this patch, it still doesn't show the MS codec for mp4, and my VC1 video files don't want to play at all. What did I do wrong? Everything was working with the RC version of W7. Did I miss a step? Just copy the files to 2 places, reg the one, and then add 2 lines to the prop files, correct?

EDIT: It seems only my .TS files are messed up. If I do a "View Video Detail", it's displaying weird data, like 40fps, and 16x32i. These are HD H.264 videos. Also, it the thumbnail view, they show as tall and skinny. I seem to remember having this problem before!
Did you follow the readme and run as an administrator a cmd windows and run the installtsmux3.0 bat file? And did you add the line for the microsoft codecs in the .properties file with Sage shutdown?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Please note that I originally (mis)stated that SageTV never copies the frq file, which I found to be incorrect because I was not aware that there are situations where it does try to copy the frq file. I later mentioned that I found out that reusing the lineup copies the frq (which applies to your situation), but copying the lineup does not. So, we are doing further testing & code updates to improve frq copying in more situations.

- Andy
Hiya,

Oki, that sounds good.... I've just checked mine and what I did was to "Use or Copy an Existing Channel Lineup for this Source".
There doesn't appear to be any other options to copy an existing lineup so I dont know where those options to "Resue" or "Copy" would be? They seem to be the samething to me. See screenshot.

Cheers

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tuner Setup.jpg (120.0 KB, 386 views)
Old 11-05-2009, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

I think if you click one deeper on that you'll get the option to reuse or copy.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
I think if you click one deeper on that you'll get the option to reuse or copy.

Gerry
Yep, you are correct. I can see it now..... My bad for not looking deep enough.

Cheers

Ben
Old 11-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was able to duplicate my QAM problem I experienced before with recording The Office. Today it only dropped the first minute of the show, on 10/29 it did the same thing. At least this latest patch does not kill the service so the 2 shows recording at the same time are fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV.zip (634.2 KB, 337 views)

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 11-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo_se View Post
Hi Donkey,

I mentioned a problem I have in your previous SageTV Demux Beta for Windows w/ Accurate Seeking thread. I'm still having trouble with the latest demuxes.

I've had problems with quite a few H.264 recordings from my R5000 moded dish Vip211s with every version of the new demux after 2.0.1.28. In quite a few recordings, it will play up to a certain point, and then the video just goes black and the audio disapears. The sage timeline continues advancing like it thinks it's still playing, but it's not. The files play fine with other demuxes and with the sage beta demux version 2.0.1.28.

I have attached logs of a couple of problem files I ran into this weekend. A football game and an episode of Tosh.0.

I set up the football game to start recording 2 minutes before the actual start of the game. When sage starts playback with the native 10 demux, I just get a black screen and no audio. If I seek back to the start of the show (-1 minute 59 seconds), it starts playing. If I just let it run, it continues to play up throught the start of the game at the 0:00 mark. However, as soon as I skip, it goes back to a black screen and no audio. If I play the same file with version 2.0.1.28, it starts out at the 0:00 mark with no audio or video, but If I seek back to the beginning, then it starts playing correctly and I can seek around in the file without losing audio and video.

The episode of Tosh.0 has a little "glitch" somewhere around 1 minute into the show. If I try to play it with native 10, it plays ok, but any time I try to seek, it always goes back to a position around that 1 minute "glitch". If I play it with version 2.0.1.28, it suffers a little issue at the "glitch" point, but gets through it, and I'm able to seek around.

Thanks
Fixed
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/MpegDeMux.ax
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/DShowPlayer.dll

Qian
Old 11-07-2009, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

I think your R-5000 problems are either reception issues, or USB issues. I've noticed that the R-5000 software does practically NO error checking of the stream prior to writing to disc. Any little problem will be written, and will confuse the demux.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Sage User

Hi
I am trying out this new native recording path (update10). However ist doesnt work at all. SagetV always crashes during a channel scan.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

Running Native10, during live tv (h.264 / e-ac3) the video & audio playback stopped, so i stopped the recording and reselected the same channel for live tv. As soon as live tv began, I received this assert:

Program: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTVService.exe
File: .\NativeCore\TSParser.c
Line: 525

Expression: ts_elment->channel_index < slot->tracks->total_track

The problem being is that the assert is coming from the service and thus crashed the service (and screwing up a recording).

There is also a hs_err_pid for those:

# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x04b91b59, pid=2784, tid=1344
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (11.0-b15 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86)
# Problematic frame:
# C [DShowPlayer.dll+0x1b59]

The problem is that I don't have to offending recording anymore (as it was live tv), though I do have a Native.log if needed...

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Running Native10.
I am as well. Watching recordings while recording (on HD200) was getting the following hs_err_pid errors:

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x77bc2bfe, pid=3160, tid=2996
#
# JRE version: 6.0_17-b04
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (14.3-b01 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [ntdll.dll+0x52bfe]

I rolled my Java back to 6u15 (had just installed 6u17) and have had no hs_err error messages generated since. Been 4 hours now.

Different dll - but maybe you are on the new 6u17 java?
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT