SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
We didn't test with a Windows 7 x64 machine, so didn't find the problem, could you post a MpegDeMux.log? I check if there is a quick fix.
WHAT. I cant believe this. Windows 7 x64 is the majority of the market and it isnt tested!!

I dont want to be rude but i almost fel of my chair!
Old 12-24-2009, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoppelman View Post
WHAT. I cant believe this. Windows 7 x64 is the majority of the market and it isnt tested!!

Sage isn't the only app out there not officialy sanctioned for Windows 7. But it runs on Windows 7. And they're working on it and the beta patch gives you access to all the native Windows 7 decoders. I'm not sure this a "fall out of your chair" issue. It's just like all the Mac apps didn't support OS X and some still don't. But they're working on it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoppelman View Post

I wouldn't say that Windows 7 x64 is the majority of the market. Maybe in the computer enthusiast community but not the public at large. I'm sure most computers are still shipping with a 32-bit OS.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I wouldn't say that Windows 7 x64 is the majority of the market. Maybe in the computer enthusiast community but not the public at large. I'm sure most computers are still shipping with a 32-bit OS.
I wouldn't even go that far. Many HTPC users (like me) think x86 is a better platform choice.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm sure most computers are still shipping with a 32-bit OS.
Actually that's really changing now. If you look at OEMs like Dell you'll notice that 64bit has become the default for many models. Considering that most new PCs have more than 3GB of memory, it's a logical choice as well.
But yes, it'll take some time until the majority moves to x64.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

NEW computers are mostly shipping with 64-bit now... the reasoning is that they are all shipped with 'new' hardware. 64-bit driver support is REQUIRED now for WHQL certification, so the number one reason to avoid 64-bit in the past (driver availability) is a non-issue on a new machine.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Sage User

Something odd is going on with M2TS import scans and it has something to do with Update 10 DShowplayer.dll

Problem: new M2TS files (ripped BD backups) are taking an impossible amount of time to scan and import. Were talking about many hours for 1 M2TS file.

Symptom: Scanning for new files hangs on the first new M2TS file is finds, locks both CPU cores at ~50% (Core 2 duo running @ 3.12), takes up 50% of my GB LAN (files are on a NAS), and doesn't stop for hours. Native.log shows that it starts parsing the file and keeps going without reported error.

Solution: I narrowed it down to DShowplayer.dll. Reverting to the last known .DLL from July or so, allows the M2TS files to be scanned, imported, and displayed within 5 seconds.

When I want to put new M2TS files on the storage:
1) I revert to the old Dshowplayer.
2) Start Sage and do a media scan.
3) Check to see that the movies are showing
4) Stop sage
5) Change the DShowplayer to the newer, Update 10 version
6) Restart Sage
Old 12-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Sage Expert

Just wanted to note that I finally got around to trying the beta demuxers that are here. ..

I still have the same problem . . . H.264 with EVR (on my ATI HD4890 video card, Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit) works just fine.

But with MPEG2/DVD/FlashVideo, the OSD flickers every single time there is an update in the OSD (like when it repaits to display the updated seek time).
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 12-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have a (Windows 7) Sagetv v6.6.2 server and (Windows 7) Sagetv v6.6.2 client running the v10 of Native Recording Patch.

Please help
The Problems
1) I have a problem where requesting a live channel on the client takes 19 seconds for video to start. Also had the same problem when the server was running Vista.

2) Also I can watch H.264 source (Dishnet\HD-PVR) and then MPEG (OTA\HDhomerun or M780), but after watching MPEG source the first selection of a H264 source results in plackback exception (-1,0x800401f0). Have to restart Sagetv client application to watch H264 again.

Recordings don't have the 19 second video delay, but the playback exception problem is the same for live or recordings.

All suggestions welcomed !!!

Problem developed when the client was upgraded to Windows 7 and the Native Recording Patch was installed. I have not tried earlier versions of the patch.

Last edited by jerryt; 12-29-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
1) I have a problem where requesting a live channel on the client takes 19 seconds for video to start. Also had the same problem when the server was running Vista.
I know it sounds silly but make sure the time on both client and server are identical. This will cause playback to start later than it should.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I know it sounds silly but make sure the time on both client and server are identical. This will cause playback to start later than it should.
Unbelievable !! updated clock from the internet on both computers and the tune time when from 19 seconds to 6 seconds on H264 and 3 seconds on OTA MPEG.

Thanks I never would have figured that one out on my own.

Now to fix the playback exception ...?
Old 12-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
2) Also I can watch H.264 source (Dishnet\HD-PVR) and then MPEG (OTA\HDhomerun or M780), but after watching MPEG source the first selection of a H264 source results in plackback exception (-1,0x800401f0). Have to restart Sagetv client application to watch H264 again.
I am not getting the same exception, but I am also having trouble switching between streams it seems..
SageTV 6.6.2|SageMC 6.3.9b_24 (clients)|
3x HD-PVR (FiOS) - Firewire Tuning|1x HDHomeRun
Old 12-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by koan00 View Post
I am not getting the same exception, but I am also having trouble switching between streams it seems..
FIXED - Was using AC3Filter for mpeg 2 audio, switched to Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder.

Very happy, switching between both formats without exception now.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsean View Post
Just wanted to note that I finally got around to trying the beta demuxers that are here. ..

I still have the same problem . . . H.264 with EVR (on my ATI HD4890 video card, Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit) works just fine.

But with MPEG2/DVD/FlashVideo, the OSD flickers every single time there is an update in the OSD (like when it repaits to display the updated seek time).
This sounds like an issue I have - the way I fixed it was to turn of animations in the OSD - not a great solution because the animations are nice. As far as I can tell from these forums, this problem is always related to ATI graphics.
________
Plymouth Satellite Specifications

Last edited by bmac.to; 03-21-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

One Channel will not tune

I have one channel on my HDHR that will not tune in with Sage. It does show up just fine if I use The QuickTV application from Silicon Dust. This is with Windows 7, and the Native 10 files.

I have attached a few error logs and the scn, and frq files.

I do have another issue, where some recordings are corrupted, but I have not gotten around to looking at the error logs from those, it is so random that at the moment I am not sure if it is network related or not. I will check back later when I have more definitive logs of the broken recordings.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 1016A471-0-0-QAM.zip (35.1 KB, 192 views)
Old 01-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Sage Icon

Getting extra Letter and Pillar boxes with native patch

I just installed the native patch today and did some testing.

My first test was playback of a 720p MPEG-2 file recorded with HDHomerun-QAM from CBS ("Ghost Whisperer") using the new Microsoft decoder. Playback was good, a little smoother and slightly lower CPU (~20% vs ~30%) than with the default Sage install and the Sage decoder with DXVA enabled.

My second test was playback of a 480i MPEG-2 file recorded with HDHomerun-QAM from History channel ("The Universe"). This was not so good. Playback was smooth and CPU was very low, but aspect ratio was not correct. The original file was letter-boxed widescreen - Sage inserted letterboxes and pillarboxes. My TV is 4x3 1080i, so no need to insert additional letterboxes or pillarboxes. I play everything back with aspect ratio set to Source.

I tried changing the decoder back to Sage Decoder, but it made no difference.

My third test I tried live playback on the History Channel ("Nostradamus Effect") again using HDHR-QAM. This is an SD channel and should be 480i, MPEG-2. It took about twice as long as normal to tune the channel, and I got a "No Signal" message from Sage for about 3-4 seconds (I've never seen this message before unless the HDHR was setup incorrectly). After the channel tuned, it had the same extra letterboxes and pillarboxes as seen with my recording of "The Universe". After about 2 minutes of watching, the picture and sound froze (but the UI remained responsive) and I noticed I was getting a red bar on the timeline, indicating part of the recording was missing. I was able to press Stop and then re-enter live TV and things went back to working (still with the extra letter and pillar boxes).

My fourth test, I tried live playback on AMC (some old western movie, don't remember title), again using HDHR-QAM tuner. This is an SD channel and should be 480i, MPEG-2. Picture was full frame 4x3 with no letter or pillar boxes, like it should be.

My 5th test, I tried live TV with MAX (Movie "Back to School"), this time using PVR-150 recording via RCA composite from STB in 480i - "DVD Standard Play" encoding profile. This also played correctly as full frame 4x3.

My only guess about the extra letter and pillar boxes, is that there must be some flag in the stream from the HDHR that is being misinterpreted by the TSSplitter or MPegdemux at least on the History Channel. Has anyone else seen this?

I have no idea why it is taking longer to tune channels - has anyone else seen this?

The "freeze" during playback could have been a fluke (maybe it was in the signal from the cable company) - I will have to monitor this some more...

I attached my native.log from this afternoon (I notice it mentions "ATSC" a lot, but I don't have any ATSC sources - only QAM for the HDHomerun and Composite for the PVR-150).
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-09-2010, 09:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Unfortunately, I think that may mostly be a limitation of QAM SD sources. They are generated at the cable head end, and, lets just say they get pretty sloppy as far as compliance goes. In theory, they are only really supposed to be watched on their cable boxes, which are very 'loose' as far as standards go. You chould try finding an MPEG-2 analyser and see what the stream is reporting.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Unfortunately, I think that may mostly be a limitation of QAM SD sources. They are generated at the cable head end, and, lets just say they get pretty sloppy as far as compliance goes. In theory, they are only really supposed to be watched on their cable boxes, which are very 'loose' as far as standards go. You chould try finding an MPEG-2 analyser and see what the stream is reporting.
These files did play correctly in Sage before I installed the native patch, so it does have something to do with how the native patch is interpreting things (but I agree it could be that the cable co. is not marking the file correctly and the new patch is reading that flag, while maybe the old Sage stuff ignored it).

Do you have a recommendation for what to use to anylize the stream?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
These files did play correctly in Sage before I installed the native patch, so it does have something to do with how the native patch is interpreting things (but I agree it could be that the cable co. is not marking the file correctly and the new patch is reading that flag, while maybe the old Sage stuff ignored it).

Do you have a recommendation for what to use to anylize the stream?
MediaInfo will tell you what you need to know about almost any container/stream and the media within.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by easperhe View Post
All,

I'm using firewire recordings from Motorola DCH3200 boxes. My network encoder recording graph is using TSsplitter to convert STB transport stream to program stream. I downloaded update10 and installed. I also replaced TSsplitter with TSsplitter3 in my graph. After doing so, I get "no signal" on all stations. When I go back to TSsplitter, all works again. Is there some reason TSsplitter3 will not work for firewire recordings? Or am I doing something wrong?
Does anyone have an answer (or suggestion ) about this. I am doing the same thing and getting the same result. I want to save the firewire data as PS because this seems to improve comskip accuracy.