SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Sage User

HVR-2250 setup trouble

I bought a HVR-2250 to replace my PVR-350 in order to capture digital cable in our area. I was using a Sage Media Extender with the PVR-350 with no problems. The media extender and all computers are connected with CAT-6 cable. I am running Vista Ultimate. My problem is that when I replaced the PVR-350 with the HVR-2250 SageTV loads completely and then immediately disappears after 1 second of the initial main screen. I removed all the old Hauppauge files with Hcwclear and installed current versions. Uninstalled SageTV and installed v6.6.2.218. This did not help. The only thing that comes close to working is to have both cards installed and each attached to coax cable. However, SageTV will periodically freeze and I have to reboot to get it running again. Thanks for any help. If needed, I can return the HVR-2250 and get a different device.

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Sage User

FWIW, I have a single 2250 and it's working fine, though I'm not using QAM, only analog. I'm running XP -- I had to use a driver that I downloaded from this forum somewhere to get the analog capture working correctly... the "latest" drivers from the mfr don't seem to work right for analog capture.

I'm going to have to get QAM working before January, which is when comcast drops analog completely in my area... which I'm loath to do, since the QAM setup seems complicated, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose channels when I do it, unless comcast opens up all the "digital basic plus" channels that exist on analog now.

The channel scan in Sage for QAM didn't really work, and seemed to take forever when I first set up Sage -- which is why I went all-analog.