SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Autodelete of only some comskip files when deleting recorded video

I've been having good results using Comskip with SageTV so far. I'm using the Comskip Playback for Default STV v1.5.4 (the latest I believe).

However, I'm finding the cleanup of files after deletion of video files is not consistent.

Right now I have Comskip set up to create:
.txt
.edl
.log
.vprj (for videoredo plus for when the occasional need for editing comes up)

1. For my autodelete shows (when you set in your favorites to keep only the last 2 of say, the evening news), I'm finding all four of the above files intact even as the .mpg is gone.

2. With shows which are "watched live," comskip makes all four of these files which are not deleted after I stop watching. Yes, I have comskip set up to start analyzing and creating commercial breaks with unfinished files.

3. Manual deletes leave behind .log, .edl, and .vprj files (i.e. it deletes the .mpg and .txt files only).

4. Strangely but correctly, when "the Delete comskip files" option is selected, all four files (including the vprj) are deleted, leaving only the .mpg.

I can understand why sagetv might not automatically delete the .vprj as that's an extra format created by user request. But leaving behind .txt or .edl files seems like an oversight.

Is there a setting in the comskip .ini to delete the .log files after creation? Good for troubleshooting, not so useful now.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient
Old 08-14-2009, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

The deletion of the files is usually left up to whatever program you are using to kick off Comskip. I use Dirmon2 and you can configure it to delete any or all of those files(or any files) once you delete the .mpg (recording file).

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can you provide a sample script for this? Makes sense to me.

Edit:
Nevermind, found it! Thought I had to configure another process but dirmon2 makes it much easier than that.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient

Last edited by waylo; 08-14-2009 at 09:39 PM.