SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV HD Theater & Hiden Video

Okay so I have a nice SageTV system working throughout the house. We have a HD Theater in just about every room of the house including bedrooms set to auto connect to our Sage Server. I also have a ReadyNAS NV+ on the network with our files pictures and such. There is also a hidden share with files that the kids don't have access to. I'm fine with restarting the HD Theater, to navigate to the video we want to watch in the Master Bedroom, but I want there to be some sort of a password every time. Basically I don't want the kids to accidentally get to these files.

Ideas?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Well the PITA way (which sounds like what you want ), is to not add that share as an import in standalone mode. Then you can go browse the network and when you try to access the share it will prompt you for a password.

But that may not work, depending on how "hidden" the share is.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well as it sits right now, I have the ReadyNAS set up so that you have to type in the share name, and password... I guess I could change it to actually show up on the network, that would make it a little easier when trying to play a video.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

You could see if tmiranda can change this plugin to do what you want

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43790
Old 08-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

After thinking about it, I don't want the shares existence to be broadcasted over the network.

LOL funny question. Can the HD200 be controlled with a keyboard/mouse? I haven't tried to connect one. I was just thinking that might make typing in share/user/password a bit more easy. I guess I just need to allocate some time to the HD200 in general, they connected so quick & easy that I just haven't done much with them other then watch TV. I was having trouble using it in stand alone mode to connect to some of the shares on the ReadyNAS but never got to the bottom of it. Ahh so little to do, so much time, such a huge attention span.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Extender mode supports a keyboard, but I don't think they've made the same update for standalone mode yet (I could be behind on that info).