SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Connections To The Sage Server.

Hi

Hope someone can help me will a problem I have run across with Studio. I’m not sure this can be achieved within the API commands within Studio.

I’m trying to figure a way to test if there are any connections to the Main Sage Server, be them Placeshiter, Client or an Extender.

I have a few different ideas for a Plugin

One.

I want to create a Screen within SageMC that will mimic the front screen on Neilm’s Web Browser. Detailing what is connected and then having the ability to stop play back or power them off/disconnecting them.

Two.

I want to expand on flachbar’s Sleep Timer Plugin. I want to run this on the Sage Server but only shutdown if there are no connections to the Server.

Three.

I have a HD100 and an MVP plugged into my Samsung TV and use the MVP with Picture In Picture. This works very well but can be a difficult trying to read txt on the MVP in the small PIP screen in the corner of the TV. With the HD100 and SageMC I want to use the Sent To button on a recording to play that file on the MVP or any connected MVP on my network. Just like how Nielm’s Web Browser does it.

As you can see all of my ideas relate to finding what is connected to the Sage Server so until I can figure a way to find out what is connected then I’m a little stuck.

So can this be done? Or if you like any of my ideas and what to write them yourself then feel free (hint hint).

Dean.

Last edited by deanm; 08-30-2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Don't think it's easily available in Studio, but this information is obtained form the API... (specifically, in the sage.api.Global Class).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-30-2009, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Don't think it's easily available in Studio, but this information is obtained form the API... (specifically, in the sage.api.Global Class).
As Fuzzy said those are pretty ambitious goals (although doable) I would think external java coding would be easier then in studio.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
As Fuzzy said those are pretty ambitious goals (although doable) I would think external java coding would be easier then in studio.
Well no one ever said it was going to be easy, but God loves a trier. Like I said they just ideas.

I think the sleep timer one will be the easiest. Will keep you updated on my progress (may take about 6 months)

Dean.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Sagetwitter has some of this functionality via Jetty - there is a webpage called ShowConnectedClients that gives you the MacID of all connected Extenders, Placeshifters, etc.

For more info see http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addo...TweetUserGuide or talk to Slugger