SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Sage User

MCE Remote issues on Win7 x64

I am having some problems here seting up the MCE remote. When I pick the MCE remote option the menus start looping what i mean by looping is.

When I pick a menu option it immediately goes back to the same menu I was just on with the selection I picked highlighted.

When I wipe all SageTV settings and reinstall and pick no remote it all works fine.

I have never had this issue with this setup before so I am stumped.

Setup:
Latest SageClient
MCE remote from a PVR-150 Kit configured on a Harmony remote.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:21 PM

Me too...

I'm having the exact same problem. Immediately after clicking on MCE Remote in the Sage config menu, it backs out to the top level. Clicking on any menu item temporarily goes to that sub-menu (<.5 sec) and then goes back to the top level menu (using a mouse, not the remote). Re-installing the client is the only solution founds so far...

I had a StreamZap remote, which became useless with the upgrade to Windows 7. Seeing the MCE remote support native to Sage, I opted to try that route.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Latest sage client (6.6.2)
Windows 7-64
Remote doesn't even come into play, but it is one of the "Mediagate" branded Vista certified MCE remotes.
Happens with and w/o SageMCE
Old 11-21-2009, 04:19 PM

Resolved

The remote is now working and I feel pretty stupid. I assumed when I bought an MCE remote, that I would have to configure Sage to use the MCE Remote. Turns out it - just works - if you set your "Remote Control Configuration" to "None Selected or External Setup".

The IR receiver shows up as "eHome Infrared Transceiver" in the devices and printers window and uses the OS provided drivers CIRCoInst.dll and usbcir.sys.

It didn't need eventghost or LM Remote to deal with double key presses. All of the keys I have tried behave as expected.

The Green button brings up MC and the buttons work there as well. After closing MC, still no double keys. This seems to be a good, cheap PC only remote solution.

The original software problem of the looping menus still exists if you choose "MCE Remote" - not tied to the hardware at all.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:32 AM
SageTVaholic

There are certains buttons on that remote that will work in just about any Windows app. (up, down, left, right, enter, etc.) Without choosing the MCE remote in Sage what buttons won't work for your is the guide, my TV, my Movies and the Green button which in Sage will return you to the Sage Home screen. (and many more) And you won't be able to remap anu of those buttons to different functions in Sage. Usually in 3rd party software you don't map the up down left right buttons in the software and that will prevent the double button syndrome.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.