SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:19 PM

Sage Movie Wall: Will not automatically gather movie data? (Art, IMBD, etc)

**I've posted the specifics of my setup and images at the end of the post.

So I've got SMW running great, and I have figured out how to manually import images & movie info for each title, but man. . .what a pain. I HAVE to assume it is NOT supposed to work this way. Right now, I use this method to do it manually:

1.) While "cursor" is highlighting a movie with a blank cover and no data, I bring up edit options.

2.) Select IMDB, select the correct title, load it, and save BOTH the image and info.

It's still blank, so I then:

1.) Go to Wall Options->Universal Options-> scrolling down to. . . Fanart Options

2.) Refresh Images->Select the movie title AGAIN.

3.) Back Out of all the menues. . .and. . .

I have movie art! Bitchin. Sucks to have to do it like this. I cannot believe that a user interface this elegant cannot somehow automatically dial up the Intertron and suck this stuff from somewhere, all in one fell swoop. My thorough perusal of the troves of posts here have as yet proven ineffectual.

What am I doing wrong? Following are the details of my system:

Sage Client:

Software Version: SageTV V6.62.218
Java Version: 1.6.0_15
SageMC STV Version: 6.3.9a
sagemc.jar Version 2.2
phoenix.jar Version 1.42

Help!?! Thanks a bunch,

Allen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg System.JPG (64.9 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg Missing Movie Data.JPG (87.7 KB, 352 views)
Old 09-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealtybutler View Post
<snip>...I cannot believe that a user interface this elegant cannot somehow automatically dial up the Intertron and suck this stuff from somewhere, all in one fell swoop. My thorough perusal of the troves of posts here have as yet proven ineffectual....
Batch Metadata Importer aka BMI is what you are looking for. Check the customization forum. It takes a while to setup but once you get the auto plugin working, it's a dream.

Last edited by Peter_h; 09-21-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:33 PM

Thanks Peter.

I'm using the Phoenix API. Do I still need to use BMT? I never could figure out how to make that thing work. You think that's the problem, huh? Here I was thinkin' I'd replaced BMT with Phoenix. . .Any idea how to make the BMT thing work right? Or set up instructions for the technnically challenged? Thanks a bunch,

Allen
Old 09-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealtybutler View Post
Thanks Peter.

I'm using the Phoenix API. Do I still need to use BMT? I never could figure out how to make that thing work. You think that's the problem, huh? Here I was thinkin' I'd replaced BMT with Phoenix. . .Any idea how to make the BMT thing work right? Or set up instructions for the technnically challenged? Thanks a bunch,

Allen
The phoenix API is what calls all of the custom metadata and fanart. BMT is what will actually download it. That's the big difference between the two. That's why BMT is not needed to use fanart for all the plugins such as sageMC, Sage Movie Wall, etc but the phoenix API is.

However, if you want to automatically or easily get the fanart, you need BMT which has the phoenix API included.

When was the last time you looked at BMT? It's come a LONG way and Sean has done a real good job of making it a lot easier to setup with the web interface. Give it another shot, it's intimidating at first but it's really not that hard to setup.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:47 PM

Peter, you rock. Especially on Monday.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:53 AM

Well. . .Still researching, and trying to get BMI/Sage Movie Wall to "Go get my movie data" from the Intertron. Still ain't working. About to rebuild from the ground up again. I intend to completely follow the directions this time.

**Key considerations:

1.) Jetty has never installed and/or worked properly. . .
2.) As a result of #1, my BMA isn't working???

When I installed BMI, the instructions said Jetty was great, but not required. Trying again. . .

A
Old 09-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

For the web interface to function, jetty has to be working properly. Yes, you can configure without it but I would not recommend it. You should move this conversation to the BMI thread now.