SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Sage User

YouTube Search Problems?

I've read the other threads about YouTube and Google and they don't seem to apply to me. Ever since I updated SageTV to the latest version, the YouTube searches seem off. They used to display the most recent results to date, but now, I'm not really sure how the results are displayed. However, I cannot locate anything recent. The Google searches are a bit better (as they allow more that one page worth of results) but they are older clips as well.

I am running the latest SageTV and updated STV as of today, and am running Sage on a WHS that I access through 2 MVPs - both are having this difficulty. I have tried rebooting the MVPs after updating the STV and have had no luck.

Did something change with the way the search results are returned with the latest release of Sage, or is this something YouTube has done? Is there something I can do to get the searches to return up-to-date results?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Me too

I'm also having this issue. I search for a recent video, that I know exists and I get no hits. The exact same search on my PC brings back the video. I've updated to the most recent STV (default) and still nothing...
Old 09-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyZ View Post
I've read the other threads about YouTube and Google and they don't seem to apply to me. Ever since I updated SageTV to the latest version, the YouTube searches seem off. They used to display the most recent results to date, but now, I'm not really sure how the results are displayed. However, I cannot locate anything recent. The Google searches are a bit better (as they allow more that one page worth of results) but they are older clips as well.

I am running the latest SageTV and updated STV as of today, and am running Sage on a WHS that I access through 2 MVPs - both are having this difficulty. I have tried rebooting the MVPs after updating the STV and have had no luck.

Did something change with the way the search results are returned with the latest release of Sage, or is this something YouTube has done? Is there something I can do to get the searches to return up-to-date results?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Heh. You're lucky to have YouTube support at all! Its been weeks and there's no sign of a fix for the HD Theater standalone folks.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
I'm also having this issue. I search for a recent video, that I know exists and I get no hits. The exact same search on my PC brings back the video. I've updated to the most recent STV (default) and still nothing...
I've seen exactly the same thing for a while now and have been meaning to post to see if anyone knows the cause. Hopefully someone will chime in and let us know what the deal is.

Mick.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Same here not even worth going to you tube from Sage anymore. For ex. I did a search Jennifer Hudson online on you tube got over 30,000 hits ... pages and pages. Did the same in Sage got a measly 3.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Sage User

Well, at least I can take comfort in knowing it is not just me.

Does this happen a lot with updates to SageTV? Having something work great in an old version that is broken after installing an upgrade?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

I guess I should file this with Sage support unless someone else already has...
Old 10-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Sometime over the next 24 hours, your online videos will be automatically updated to version 2009100201 (you can tell on the System Info screen). I found a change to try for YouTube searches, but I don't know if it returns any different results. If it still differs from searching YouTube via a browser, I think RSS feed searches just return different results.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Sometime over the next 24 hours, your online videos will be automatically updated to version 2009100201 (you can tell on the System Info screen). I found a change to try for YouTube searches, but I don't know if it returns any different results. If it still differs from searching YouTube via a browser, I think RSS feed searches just return different results.

- Andy
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying that the HD-200 will automatically update on it's own? Or are you saying that the Sage server software will auto update?

How do I get to the system info screen. And is this on the hd-200, 100 or within the software.

Thank you
Old 10-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Sage User

Wow...I am really out of the loop on all things Sage.

After updating to the newest version there's a bunch of new stuff. I would assume you're talking about an auto update to the standard stvi or whatever it's called.

I see now there are system messages that tell you there are updates available. This is very nice!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyperBob View Post
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying that the HD-200 will automatically update on it's own? Or are you saying that the Sage server software will auto update?
Only the SageTV PC software automatically updates the online video properties file; this includes using the HD100/200 in extender mode.

The HD200 in standalone mode needs a firmware update for this; see the Media Player forum for a current discussion (where you've already posted).

The online video properties update is separate from a downloadable STV update. I think more info about these auto updates vs. STV updates is in this topic about YouTube issues.

Quote:
How do I get to the system info screen. And is this on the hd-200, 100 or within the software.
The easiest way is to use the Info command while on the Main Menu; See the PDF manual for other ways.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Sage User

Quote:
The easiest way is to use the Info command while on the Main Menu; See the PDF manual for other ways.

- Andy
The info button doesn't bring up the Info page/System messages on my HD-100 (while on the Main menu). I don't see any other ways listed on page 29/30 of the manual.

Also, page 209 only tells you what you can do once you're in the menu, not how to get to the menu.

I will try the info button on my HD-200 and see if that brings up the system messages. I need sleep
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

This would be on the default STV with no plugins. And make sure you've updated to the latest STV for the default STV in Detailed Setup-Advanced or your on the latest firmware for your device.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

- Andy
Seems to have resolved the issues for me. Thanks!