SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Sage User

Search problems - impossible strings

I cannot read the garbled strings which we need to interpret to submit a search. They are the most difficult of any site i have been on . Some sites just use 5 or 6 numeric codes which seems fine to me. I have to ask for a new string about three times before i can read it - why make life so difficult ????
Old 01-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Administrator

What are you talking about? Is this related to the forum, SageTV, or something else?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I believe they are talking about when you do a forum search as a guest the graphics that you have to read and input in order to do a search are really bad.
I always have to make sure I am logged on before doing a forum search. I have the same problem if I am not logged on.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Fastrack
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I believe they are talking about when you do a forum search as a guest the graphics that you have to read and input in order to do a search are really bad.
I always have to make sure I am logged on before doing a forum search. I have the same problem if I am not logged on.
Yep that's what it sounds like, so actprime just login before you search
Tuners: HDHomeRun v1, Hauppauge HVR1600
Video: BenQ W5000 1080p, ASUS ATI 6670
Storage (10TB): Seagate 2TB, Hitachi Coolspin 2TB x 4 Data Drives + 2TB x 2 Parity Drives using FlexRaid 2.0 (RAID6 T2+)
SageTV: 7.1.9 Final ?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

forum search image verification is too hard

The forum search image verification is too hard to type. Many times the letters are smushed together and it takes a few tries before it accepts it. It doesn't have to be so hard. Also the image is way on the right and the text box on the left.

* merged *
Old 02-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Administrator

The Captcha image verification is intended to prevent repeated bot searches & so on, placing extra load on the forum server. The best thing to do is log into your account & there won't be a verification process for searches.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Update: guest searches now require answering a simple question (ex: type in 'sagetv') instead of using the cryptic CAPTCHA image verification. This should be easier for humans, but more difficult for bots. We already use it for new account registration & it keeps spammers off the forum much better than image verification ever did. I just realized that it could also be used for guest searches, so we'll give it a shot there too.

As usual, if you are logged into your forum account, there will be no search verification process.

- Andy