SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Happy Wireless HD200 User

I know I tend to read or post to this forum when I have issues that I'm trying to resolve. So there's probably a disproportionate number of problems being discussed. However, I set up 2 HD200s (definitely with some effort but with eventual success) with wireless and watched both at HD and placeshifted HD to my laptop all at the same time last night. It was late so I didn't really test too long. At least with every receiver/transmitter within a few feet of each other and for about 10 minutes, everything seemed to run smoothly. Couple of days ago, I finally set up different zones on my USB-UIRT after struggling in futility to connect multiple USB-UIRTs (didn't know until I read the forum that it doesn't easily support that and that the alternative is zones). So, while Sage is definitely not an out-of-the-box solution to what I was looking for, it's great when it's finally set up correctly! Now I just have to resist from tinkering with it. Maybe Sage should come with a security code for the wife so that she can lock me out for a few months.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am cursious what hardware you used for getting the wireless to work (i.e. what router and wireless clients). Also, an idea of the environment this is setup on. The reason I ask is that I am on the fence if I should *try* to wire my condo with ethernet or just go wireless and be done with it.

Thanks,
Protoman

- 1x HD 300
- 2x HD 200
Old 10-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
I am cursious what hardware you used for getting the wireless to work (i.e. what router and wireless clients). Also, an idea of the environment this is setup on. The reason I ask is that I am on the fence if I should *try* to wire my condo with ethernet or just go wireless and be done with it.

Thanks,
Protoman
I'm using the recommended ENUWI adapter with Rosewill RNX-EasyN4. One ENUWI is in the family room, almost right next to the Rosewill and the other is on the second floor on the other side of the house. There have been a couple of times when things won't connect properly but I'm not sure if that's because of the Rosewill, my settings or the ENUWI. But, when it does connect, I've had pretty consistent results with only an occassional very short pause. It does seem to take even longer to change channels (I'm using HDPVR which is slow to begin with) and the HD200 is even more sluggish through menus than on ethernet but it's definitely doable. In order of magnitude both are very roughly 30% slower. If possible with reasonable cost, I'd still recommend putting in the wires but I'm probably going to do a mixed setup.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Sage User

I'm using the ENUWI adapter with a Ruckus MediaFlex 2825 b/g router. I have the HD200 w/ENUWI in the family room, about 30' and 3 drywall walls away from the router. I also run 3 wireless clients with similar distance and obstacles. One of those is on the second floor. The server is wired to the router.

I have had incredible success with the Ruckus router over other ones that I have tried. I am able to run the HD200 and the 3 wireless clients all with different SD streams without a problem. I think it pushes about 16-20 Mb/s consistently. However, when it comes to HD I can only get 1 HD (on the HD200) and 1 SD (client) wireless stream to work at the same time. But it does work very well.

The ENUWI unit connected first time out of the box and has been going strong for the 2 weeks I have had it. I am very happy with it even with my wireless-G router. If I can do HD with it running wireless-G, I would think it should have no problem when running wireless-N.

If you have a situation where you can’t run ethernet cable, the ENUWI adapter on the HD200 works great!