SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Sage Icon

You're welcome. Glad you got it working and thank you for your patience. I hope you find the web server useful.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Sage Icon

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all of the great info on jetty and getting things up an running. I have gotte jetty installed on a fresh sage server...so no TJWS. I got Neilms web interface for jetty installed as well as BMT. The problem i am having is that i cannot login to neilms page. the realm.properties is set to default right now so frey,user and i cannot login. i have tried

frey user
user frey
sage frey
frey sage

and nothing is working. I even tried changing realm.properties to what i want the user and password to be... no dice.

any suggestions?

*UPDATE* Nevermind all...apparently i am being stupid today. i just figured it out....TGIF!!!!

Last edited by PiX64; 03-26-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Changing "Today PrimeTime" and "Tomorrow PrimeTime" to start from 8pm instead of 6pm

Hi jreichen,

In the past, I used to change "Today PrimeTime" and "Tomorrow "PrimeTime" menu items to match TV primetime hours which start at 8pm per Neil's instructions. Now that I'm using Jetty, I can't figure out where to make this change. I dont see a menu_items.js; although, I can see in the logs that this file does get called up... "GET /sage/menu_items.js HTTP/1.1" 200 6381 "https://www.url.net:8090/sage/Home". I really dont know much about jetty, I'm guessing, the original webserver was compiled into a .war file or something like that? Is there a way for me to change the time from 6 to 8? If not, how would you and everyone else feel about changing the "primetime" to when TV prime shows start... at 8pm.

BTW, I cant thank you enough for the jetty version. It's performs noticeably faster on my setup than the old version!

Thanks,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi jreichen,

In the past, I used to change "Today PrimeTime" and "Tomorrow "PrimeTime" menu items to match TV primetime hours which start at 8pm per Neil's instructions. Now that I'm using Jetty, I can't figure out where to make this change. I dont see a menu_items.js; although, I can see in the logs that this file does get called up... "GET /sage/menu_items.js HTTP/1.1" 200 6381 "https://www.url.net:8090/sage/Home". I really dont know much about jetty, I'm guessing, the original webserver was compiled into a .war file or something like that?
Yes, and the war is extracted to a temporary location every time Sage starts or the nielm_websrv.context.xml file's timestamp is updated. In other words, even if you copied the file to the temp location, it would be overwritten often. You can see the exact location in SageTV's log.

This is one of the features of the web interface that was lost when moving to Jetty. I haven't experimented with copying a customized copy of the file into the temp location after the war is extracted so I can't tell you if it would even work.

Quote:
Is there a way for me to change the time from 6 to 8? If not, how would you and everyone else feel about changing the "primetime" to when TV prime shows start... at 8pm.
East Coast bias If anything I'd set it to 7PM for the Mountain Time Zone.

Quote:
BTW, I cant thank you enough for the jetty version. It's performs noticeably faster on my setup than the old version!

Thanks,
Michael
Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh man, now I feel dumb, all this time I thought that TV network shows started at 8:00pm EST just like we start ours at 8pm PST. At 6pm-6pm, we're still watching the news. Anyway, thanks for looking at this!

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
This is one of the features of the web interface that was lost when moving to Jetty. I haven't experimented with copying a customized copy of the file into the temp location after the war is extracted so I can't tell you if it would even work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Is there a way for me to change the time from 6 to 8? If not, how would you and everyone else feel about changing the "primetime" to when TV prime shows start... at 8pm.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-31-2010, 07:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In lieu of modding the menu item, one could just create a simple bookmark in your browser and set the hour to whatever you like. I know it's not quite the same, but should suffice for most:

http://<server>:<port>/sage/EpgGrid?starthr=20

This link would send you to "today at 8pm local time (to the server)". Replace 20 with whatever time you want the grid to start at (in 24hr format).
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 03-31-2010, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Its really not what I was looking for since that bookmark doesn't follow me on any PC I use; but, it would be good for my work PC. Thanks for the tip! Maybe one day Ill run into an easy WARing/un-WARing tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
In lieu of modding the menu item, one could just create a simple bookmark in your browser and set the hour to whatever you like. I know it's not quite the same, but should suffice for most:

http://<server>:<port>/sage/EpgGrid?starthr=20

This link would send you to "today at 8pm local time (to the server)". Replace 20 with whatever time you want the grid to start at (in 24hr format).

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Oh man, now I feel dumb, all this time I thought that TV network shows started at 8:00pm EST just like we start ours at 8pm PST. At 6pm-6pm, we're still watching the news. Anyway, thanks for looking at this!
I'm just giving you a hard time . Actually I assumed you were on the east coast, but now that you mention it Eastern and Pacific usually air at the same time locally. Central and Mountain are usually an hour behind. Local news in Mountain is on at 6pm, then primetime shows start at 7pm and local news again at 10pm. Central is usually the same in their local time so when I call family in Central they would be finishing an hour show when I'm just starting it. Clear as mud?
, Java 1.6.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Aha! So, 6pm isn't really primetime TV for any timezone. I never did ask Neil why he chose 6pm. Anyway, thanks for explaining.

Quote:
I'm just giving you a hard time . Actually I assumed you were on the east coast, but now that you mention it Eastern and Pacific usually air at the same time locally. Central and Mountain are usually an hour behind. Local news in Mountain is on at 6pm, then primetime shows start at 7pm and local news again at 10pm. Central is usually the same in their local time so when I call family in Central they would be finishing an hour show when I'm just starting it. Clear as mud?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Maybe one day Ill run into an easy WARing/un-WARing tool
Any zip file utility like WinZip, 7zip, etc will do the trick. WAR files are basically zip files with a different extension. The key is that you will need to maintain the directory structure when zipping/unzipping a set of files.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Thank pedz25! That's all I needed to know all along. It took me under a minute to change it. I just drag and dropped the revised file using my zip/unzip tool... winrar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedz25 View Post
Any zip file utility like WinZip, 7zip, etc will do the trick. WAR files are basically zip files with a different extension. The key is that you will need to maintain the directory structure when zipping/unzipping a set of files.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

extender options

As a future suggestion, I'd love to see a way to assign an alias to the extenders. I have three extenders in the house and its hard to remember what 001d6a5dbd7a is and 001d6a5dbd82 is
Old 04-02-2010, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Try the below link. I remembered something about it.. so, I just did a search.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=131

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
As a future suggestion, I'd love to see a way to assign an alias to the extenders. I have three extenders in the house and its hard to remember what 001d6a5dbd7a is and 001d6a5dbd82 is

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wow that was really easy to do and does exactly what I wanted. Thanks!

Quote:
Try the below link. I remembered something about it.. so, I just did a search.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=131
Old 04-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Diginerd Send a message via Yahoo to Diginerd
Any chance of HTML5 support as the Doc Type and use the video tag for the streaming, no plugins? ;-)

Bonus points for permitting the use of a batch script when a video is selected for playback if it's not already H264. ie if the file is MPEG2, or MKV then trigger the script. The script in turn contains a call to a command line transcoder that dumps the output file.

The first part I believe is "pretty easy" (says the non-coder!) there could be issues with the realtime transcoding script, but even without it this would yield a Mk1 iPad interface to Sage.

Oh please oh please oh please!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Sage User

Home should be capitalized

Last edited by btf1962; 04-30-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

RSS feed of currently recording

Hi

Is there anyway of getting an rss feed of the currently recording shows?

There's an XML but I cant get that to work with anything in LCD Smartie. The RSS feeds work fine but not the XML.

FYI I was using the status monitor and the LCD SMartie plugin but Im getting fed up of them being 1 hour out during BST.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Is there anyway of getting an rss feed of the currently recording shows?
It doesn't look like it. I'll take a look and see if it can be added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
FYI I was using the status monitor and the LCD SMartie plugin but Im getting fed up of them being 1 hour out during BST.
You might bring that up with the author of that plugin. I don't think the web interface is doing anything special concerning time zones.
, Java 1.6.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Smile

Quote:
You might bring that up with the author of that plugin. I don't think the web interface is doing anything special concerning time zones.
Ah!

Seems I wont need the RSS feed after all...

Started to contact the plugin author and found the LCDSmartie plugin was updated in Feburary 2007 to use local time instead of GMT.

Seems Ive been using an old version for the last 3 years!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Changing the password

I'm sure it's posted somewhere and I just missed it, but what's the right way to change the admin password? I found it in the realms.properties file, so do I just change it there and then restart the Sage service?

Tags
web