SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Importing my II7 webserver's SSL signed certificate + (intermediates) in Jetty java

jreichen (or anyone else good at SSL/Java)

I have an existing Starfield signed SSL certificate installed on my II7 webserver (same machine that Jetty/sageTVserver is installed on). Since I already have this fancy certificate, I thought I'd use it instead of my existing poor-man's self-signed one for my jetty based apps.

My Starfield signed chained SSL certificate consists of two files: xxx.cer & xxx.p7b (intermediate certificate)

I'm looking for the easiest way to convert this PEM based certificate package to a DER based format (compatible with java).

It looks like I'm missing a critical step to getting this to work right. Can someone please tell me what I'm missing?

There are the steps I'm using:

1) Convert my .cer file to a .der file (using a converter such as this one.
2) Run this command: keytool -import -trustcacerts -file mycertificate.der -keystore c:\.keystore -storepass 123456
3) Follow the Jetty SSL instructions exactly... putting the .keystore file in the correct place and using "123456" for all the jetty.ssl.xxxxxx passwords (defined in JettyStarter.properties).

The end result is that the webpage will not be displayed at all. As soon as I put my old self-signed .keystore file back, it works again.

I have a strong feeling I need to insert the intermediate certificate(s) in the .keystore file as well, but I dont know how to do it.

Can someone please help? I'm sure this would also help anyone trying to do the same thing sometime in the future through a simple forum thread search.

Thanks a million for all the help so far guys!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Sage User

just out of curiosity, is there supposed to be nielm_sagewebserver folder inside my jetty/webapps folder?

the reason i ask is i have 3 *.war files, and only two associated folders:
bmt.war ---> bmt folder
nielm_sagewebserver.war
SageWebApp.war ---> SageWebApp folder

just wondering if something is messed up or not.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

Nothing's messed up. Slugger configured the context xml to extract the war to the system's temp directory. I've been meaning to follow up with him to see if he knows something I don't
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAiN6 View Post
just out of curiosity, is there supposed to be nielm_sagewebserver folder inside my jetty/webapps folder?

the reason i ask is i have 3 *.war files, and only two associated folders:
bmt.war ---> bmt folder
nielm_sagewebserver.war
SageWebApp.war ---> SageWebApp folder

just wondering if something is messed up or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Nothing's messed up. Slugger configured the context xml to extract the war to the system's temp directory. I've been meaning to follow up with him to see if he knows something I don't
The reason for this choice is to support hot deploy on MS Windows systems. By using the system's temp dir, a hot deploy will always explode the war to a new subdir instead of recycling the existing directory. Doing this allows hot deploy to work (more reliably, though not 100% reliable) on Windows systems. If the temp dir is explicitly set in the context file then a hot deploy will always attempt to overwrite in the same dir and on Windows this usually causes problems with file locking and the hot deploy fails.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 10-10-2009, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

SageTV Web Interface V2 for Jetty

Thanks - now for my questions.

I have been running several Jetty apps for months - the mobile web server, SJQ, SRE, BMT and Sagealert.

I want to run both the old Nielm webserver, which I have been using since I started using Sage over a year ago, in conjunction with the new Jetty server until I am convinced that the new server meets my purposes.

I downloaded the last file in the list "Zip files for web interface with jetty" and I unzipped it into my Sage folder. What URL should I be using to access the web server? Is it http://sageserver:PORT/sage? If so then I am not having success yet. Some folks have commented that they are using both webservers fine. But there are other posts that mention having to remove some JARs. What should I do?

I have not restarted my Sage service yet, since I didn't think that was required with Jetty.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Thanks - now for my questions.

I have been running several Jetty apps for months - the mobile web server, SJQ, SRE, BMT and Sagealert.

I want to run both the old Nielm webserver, which I have been using since I started using Sage over a year ago, in conjunction with the new Jetty server until I am convinced that the new server meets my purposes.

I downloaded the last file in the list "Zip files for web interface with jetty" and I unzipped it into my Sage folder. What URL should I be using to access the web server? Is it http://sageserver:PORT/sage? If so then I am not having success yet. Some folks have commented that they are using both webservers fine. But there are other posts that mention having to remove some JARs. What should I do?

I have not restarted my Sage service yet, since I didn't think that was required with Jetty.
the address should be http://sageserver:JETTYPORT/sage/Home

also i stopped the sage server when unzipping the app and removed the nielm webserver jars before restarting...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What URL should I be using to access the web server? Is it http://sageserver:PORT/sage? If so then I am not having success yet. Some folks have commented that they are using both webservers fine. But there are other posts that mention having to remove some JARs. What should I do?
The URL format for the web interface hasn't changed: http://<sageserver>:<port>/sage/Home, except use the port that Jetty's running on, which (as you probably already know) can be found in JettyStarter.properties.

Enough people are installing it now to the point where I'm starting a wiki page for the installation steps.

Quote:
You shouldn't have to but the hot deploy doesn't work every time. If you get errors then sometimes they are fixed by restarting SageTV.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks guys - I know Jetty is working fine since all of my other Jetty apps work fine. The web page still gives me an error - I will try restarting Sage once the kids go to bed - it kills the WAF or KAF to have to restart Sage during the day since it is almost always being used.

Should I have to delete any of the JARs mentioned in other posts?
Old 10-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Should I have to delete any of the JARs mentioned in other posts?
i did but thats because i hate bloat

no idea if you HAVE to.

i deleted the ones from this post:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...88&postcount=4
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 10-11-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Sage Icon

SageTV Web Interface V2 for Jetty

This post was deleted because it contained obsolete information.
, Java 1.6.

Last edited by jreichen; 10-24-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:25 PM
SageTVaholic

OK - I tried restarting Sage without success. I get the following error:
HTTP ERROR: 404
NOT_FOUND
RequestURI=/sage/Home