SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Any way we can get sort by original air date to be added to the sorting options? Pretty please?
Old 11-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Sage Icon

slow

I just did a new install of Windows 7 x64 on my server and for some reason access to the web interface with Jetty is really slow for me (~20 seconds to show login dialog and more than that again to display the content). Before I used the old web interface in Vista which was very fast. Are there some settings I should look at? Thanks.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Sage Icon

Anyone have any ideas why this would be slow for me? Everything else network-related (file access, video playback, etc.) from the server seems normally fast.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to jpimlott
unable to access web server from a different pc on the lan

I have the webserver installed and works for access from the server pc using both localhose and the pc name. If I try to access it from a different pc i get the logon page but the same user name and password do not work there.

This is a real cool add on.

John
Old 12-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Feature request - System Messages RSS

I use the System Messages RSS feed for the Vista/Win7 gadget and would like to request that you add some indication of the current Sage alert status so I can tell if the status has been "reset". Thanks.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

dkatchalov, are you still having problems with your webserver?
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Any way we can get sort by original air date to be added to the sorting options? Pretty please?
It will be in the next release - version 2.26.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
It will be in the next release - version 2.26.
Thank you!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

I just upgraded from nielm's version to the new Jetty version. It works great - No muss, no fuss.

Now I'm ready for version 3.x of the web interface.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:31 PM

Custom names for Externder Addresses

Does anyone know of a simple way to change the way the Webserver shows the extenders. When you search for a video, for example, the resulting details page has a left sided menu: Play in extender 3w77w6282 I would love to have this say Play in Basement.

I know the address to location mappings, short of decompiling and modifying the .class file myself, is there an easier way>

TIA

Sam
Old 12-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Sage Icon

There should be a file named extenders.properties in the SAGE_HOME/webserver folder. Add your info to the end of the file.
Code:
3w77w6282=Basement
That should do it. You shouldn't need to shut down SageTV to make the change.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

A question on authentication. In the context .xml file there is some langauge around not requiring authentication for RSS and other types of automated access. I want to write an addin for my Home Automation system (Control4) that will be using the Web remote functionality of the Sage Web Server. How do I set this up so that it doesn't need authentication - i.e. login with user ID and password. Do I have to set authentication= false for all access to the web server or can this fit into this "other" type of access and if so then how do I do that?

This is the bit that I am talking about (from nielm_websrv.context.xml)
Code:
        <Item>
          <!--
             - Authentication is not required for resources that are requested by
             - clients that don't handle authentication such as media players and
             - RSS readers.
            -->
          <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.security.ConstraintMapping">
            <Set name="constraint">
              <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.security.Constraint">
                <Set name="authenticate">false</Set>
                <!-- Uncomment line below to force connection to SSL port -->
                <!-- <Set name="dataConstraint">2</Set> -->
              </New>
            </Set>
            <Set name="pathSpec">/public/*</Set>
          </New>
        </Item>
Old 12-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Sage Icon

You could change authenticate to false for all access to the web server, or if you want to expose the least amount possible you can copy the XML you have there and paste below it. Then you'd need to change the path spec to SageCommand. Like this:
Code:
        <Item>
          <!--
             - Authentication is not required for resources that are requested by
             - clients that don't handle authentication such as media players and
             - RSS readers.
            -->
          <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.security.ConstraintMapping">
            <Set name="constraint">
              <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.security.Constraint">
                <Set name="authenticate">false</Set>
                <!-- Uncomment line below to force connection to SSL port -->
                <!-- <Set name="dataConstraint">2</Set> -->
              </New>
            </Set>
            <Set name="pathSpec">/SageCommand/*</Set>
          </New>
        </Item>
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Feature request - Playlist management

Great job on the jetty port.

I have a feature request. Would you be able to add some type of play list management?

I'm trying to create a TV show playlist and frankly, it's a PIA. I am using TV explorer to view my recordings and TV shows. What I want to do is put an entire season in a play list.

In order to do this, I need to go to music and create the playlist. Then I have to go back to TV and add each episode. If i screw up, I have to go back to music and make the corrections and the cycle continues.

It would be great if I could make the playlist via the web interface.

Thanks,
Peter
Old 12-21-2009, 10:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You could change authenticate to false for all access to the web server, or if you want to expose the least amount possible you can copy the XML you have there and paste below it. Then you'd need to change the path spec to SageCommand.
Just so I understand this correctly -so when I do that all commands send to the Sage web server (such as the one below) will not require authentication?

http://SageServer:8008/sage/SageComm...9&command=Down

One further question on a different topic. Is it possible to play a file in your video library on a Sage extender from a command sent to the web server. I am thinking of a command like this:
http://SageServer:8008/sage/SageCommand?context=001d6a6bafa9&command=PlayFile&Filename="\\SageServer\Video\Movies\Superman.mkv"
Old 12-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Great job on the jetty port.

I have a feature request. Would you be able to add some type of play list management?

I'm trying to create a TV show playlist and frankly, it's a PIA. I am using TV explorer to view my recordings and TV shows. What I want to do is put an entire season in a play list.

In order to do this, I need to go to music and create the playlist. Then I have to go back to TV and add each episode. If i screw up, I have to go back to music and make the corrections and the cycle continues.

It would be great if I could make the playlist via the web interface.

Thanks,
Peter
now if only i would get off my butt and release a v1.1 beta already...

Can't you get to the playlist management screen in My TV though (then at least you could do everything while in the My TV) ... im almost positive its there... maybe its only a menu option when viewing recorded content...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Just so I understand this correctly -so when I do that all commands send to the Sage web server (such as the one below) will not require authentication?

http://SageServer:8008/sage/SageComm...9&command=Down
That's correct. And since it's in the context xml you shouldn't have to restart Sage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
One further question on a different topic. Is it possible to play a file in your video library on a Sage extender from a command sent to the web server. I am thinking of a command like this:
http://SageServer:8008/sage/SageCommand?context=001d6a6bafa9&command=PlayFile&Filename="\\SageServer\Video\Movies\Superman.mkv"
I think the command is "Watch", and I'm not sure about the "Filename" parameter. I can't get to my server right now. You might try connecting a placeshifter or extender, then go to the details page for that media file and look for the "Play in Extender" button on the left and see what the URL is.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Sage Icon

Arrow New Wiki Page For Installation and Migration

I created a new wiki page for installing the web interface on Jetty and migrating existing settings. This will be the official location of these instructions.

Skirge01, thank you for putting together your instructions. The wiki page is arranged a bit different, but it's based on your work and you have been given credit at the top of the page If I messed up anywhere let me know or update the page. Would you mind updating your post #96 so users will go to the wiki for instructions? Thanks!
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
dkatchalov, are you still having problems with your webserver?
Sorry jreichen, have fixed it by re-installing the files I think. Have done this a while ago and never circled back to close my post in this thread.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I use the System Messages RSS feed for the Vista/Win7 gadget and would like to request that you add some indication of the current Sage alert status so I can tell if the status has been "reset". Thanks.
The current RSS API used by the web server doesn't allow for creating a custom header field that would be suitable for that type of information. Would you be able to use it if it were added to the XML document? I don't create an XML document right now but it would be at the URL http://192.168.x.x:8080/sage/SystemMessages?xml=yes.You'd need to be able to login to the server from your gadget. Another option to retrieve the information is stuckless' Remote APIs but those also require authentication (and Jetty).
, Java 1.6.

Tags
web