SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

STVi- Advanced Fanart Tools AFT R1.00

Below are the links to download the new stvi for SageMC

brought to you by Team Ortus.

What this tool does it will add two new options to the fanart options menu in sagemc as per below

1.Convert Folder Jpegs to Fanart- will convert all folder.jpegs residing in the movie folders (regardless of jpeg names) to the fanart structure so they can work with newer addins without the need for BMI if people don't want to use it. Also will convert anything jpg with the name "background" in it to fanart background structure

Also works by default to convert XMBC fanart poster and background structure to sage structure

Fanart must be turned on and fanart folder setup for this conversion to work.

2. Cleanup Fanart

Allow you to search by mediatype (tv,Movies, or ALL media) will search for orhpan or "unused" fanart and return in a list. You can then select any one item from the list to move or delte it or go to the bottom and move or delete the entire list.

DELETION IS PERMANANT AND NONREVERSIBLE!!

Move is not moves to :

\\fanartfolder\unused\yymmdd\ folder with all other structure kept in tact

This are both great tools that we feel will be a great addition to sagemc and ortus. We wanted to go ahead and release this stvi for testing for sagemc before ortus.

Any questions feel free

here are a couple of screenshots

two options

list with details

delete single

Download R1.00.xml

thanks,

Team Ortus
Pluckyhd,Jeff,JaminBen,RazrSharpe,KKRicker

Release History:

10/22/2009 R1.00 -- First Main Release
Old 10-22-2009, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

placeholder......

me first

Suggestions

gplasky- add graphic interface to delete single banners/posters/fanart from within folders.--accepted 10/24/2009

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 10-24-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Good to see the first fruits of "Team Ortus". I'm looking forward to seeing what other tricks you magicians have up your sleeves.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Nice work on this. folder.jpgs work great. Unfortunately I have no fanart to cleanup yet. This comes in very handy. Would be nice to add a feature of looking at the existing fanarts backgrounds or posters or banners and choose to delete one or more. Sort of a graphical thumbnail deleter. Thumbnails of all the backgrounds in a folder and be able to mark one or more for deletion.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Nice work on this. folder.jpgs work great. Unfortunately I have no fanart to cleanup yet. This comes in very handy. Would be nice to add a feature of looking at the existing fanarts backgrounds or posters or banners and choose to delete one or more. Sort of a graphical thumbnail deleter. Thumbnails of all the backgrounds in a folder and be able to mark one or more for deletion.

Gerry
Thank Gerry glad you like it.

Also nice suggestion and easy enough to do I will add it to the suggestion list I like it
Old 10-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

not seeing new link

hmm, for some reason I am not seeing the new links. I added the files to sage, and imported the stvi into sagemc xml, but the links are not there.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapp View Post
hmm, for some reason I am not seeing the new links. I added the files to sage, and imported the stvi into sagemc xml, but the links are not there.
are you going into fanart options?

are you using latest pre release b12 of sagemc?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Will these get rid of the folder.jpg files or will they still remain? I want to keep these files as my daughter uses Windows Explorer to play video files on our kitchen PC. This uses the same shared folders that are part of the Sage Movie Library.

I guess I could move to manually defining what jpg to use for a folder in the Folder properties config (i.e. under Customize select Choose Picture or at least that is how you do it in XP)

Does this tool autogenerate Fanart from thumbnails yet?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Will these get rid of the folder.jpg files or will they still remain? I want to keep these files as my daughter uses Windows Explorer to play video files on our kitchen PC. This uses the same shared folders that are part of the Sage Movie Library.

I guess I could move to manually defining what jpg to use for a folder in the Folder properties config (i.e. under Customize select Choose Picture or at least that is how you do it in XP)

Does this tool autogenerate Fanart from thumbnails yet?
It will copy on the conversion doesn't delete or do anything to originals

and no not on thumbnails they are really tricky due to the naming conventions used by sage but it is on my list.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Sage Icon

When it cleans up the fanart does it also clean up the transformations that SMW does?
Old 10-27-2009, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
When it cleans up the fanart does it also clean up the transformations that SMW does?
I wish I could do that but due the random names phoenix gives the transformations would be pretty tricky ( I think haven't really looked into that part of it)
Old 10-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Sage Icon

I was cleaning up my C: drive and discovered that SMW dumped 4.5GB of transforms in my SageTV folder. It will be a PITA to cleanup manually, so I'm considering a scorched earth approach
Old 10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
I was cleaning up my C: drive and discovered that SMW dumped 4.5GB of transforms in my SageTV folder. It will be a PITA to cleanup manually, so I'm considering a scorched earth approach
Yeah I wish it would store the transformations in the independent fanart folders but I am sure sean had his reasons for the way it does it.

I use a scorched earth approach and then re-perform all transformations.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Sage Expert

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but when I run the "convert" option, it doesn't seem to be overwriting (or adding to) folders for movies that already have Fanart in the proper folder structure. I had already done a pass with the new Batch Metadata Tool, but some of the new posters I didn't like as much as the old ones that I had as folder.jpg, so I tried running this tool.

Plenty of new folders got added to my Fanart folder for stuff that BMT hadn't already created folders for, but stuff that was already there didn't seem to get updated at all. For instance, I have a movie called "Tape." It had a folder.jpg in the video_ts folder. There was already a "Tape" folder for that movie in my central Fanart folder, with different posters. After running the convert tool, the folder.jpg is still not in the Fanart "Tape" folder.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Now that I play with it some more, I can't actually tell if it's working for any of my DVDs. They're all on network drives, does that make a difference? Is there a log showing what it's doing?

Last edited by popechild; 11-04-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but when I run the "convert" option, it doesn't seem to be overwriting (or adding to) folders for movies that already have Fanart in the proper folder structure. I had already done a pass with the new Batch Metadata Tool, but some of the new posters I didn't like as much as the old ones that I had as folder.jpg, so I tried running this tool.

Plenty of new folders got added to my Fanart folder for stuff that BMT hadn't already created folders for, but stuff that was already there didn't seem to get updated at all. For instance, I have a movie called "Tape." It had a folder.jpg in the video_ts folder. There was already a "Tape" folder for that movie in my central Fanart folder, with different posters. After running the convert tool, the folder.jpg is still not in the Fanart "Tape" folder.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Now that I play with it some more, I can't actually tell if it's working for any of my DVDs. They're all on network drives, does that make a difference? Is there a log showing what it's doing?
This is by design if you delete the fanart folder it will rereate and copy the folder jpegs
Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Sage Expert

Sorry, I must not have been clear. And I've done a little more fiddling with it so I'll rephrase...

All of my folder.jpgs are in the VIDEO_TS folder of the respective movies, and it doesn't look like the AFT is looking for it there, only in the parent folder for the dvd. So if I've got:

\Children of Men\VIDEO_TS\folder.jpg

it doesn't copy it. But if I've got:

\Children of Men\folder.jpg

it does see it and copy it over. Is it not looking down into the VIDEO_TS folder? If not, it seems like this would probably be helpful for people (obviously it would be for me), because the VIDEO_TS directory IS a valid location for Sage to see and display the folder.jpg. (And if I'm remembering correctly, that may be where they were always put by default when using DVD Profiler to get the images, thought I could be mistaken on that point.)

Does that make better sense?
Old 11-04-2009, 02:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Sorry, I must not have been clear. And I've done a little more fiddling with it so I'll rephrase...

All of my folder.jpgs are in the VIDEO_TS folder of the respective movies, and it doesn't look like the AFT is looking for it there, only in the parent folder for the dvd. So if I've got:

\Children of Men\VIDEO_TS\folder.jpg

it doesn't copy it. But if I've got:

\Children of Men\folder.jpg

it does see it and copy it over. Is it not looking down into the VIDEO_TS folder? If not, it seems like this would probably be helpful for people (obviously it would be for me), because the VIDEO_TS directory IS a valid location for Sage to see and display the folder.jpg. (And if I'm remembering correctly, that may be where they were always put by default when using DVD Profiler to get the images, thought I could be mistaken on that point.)

Does that make better sense?
Yes that is correct it doesn't look in subfolders.... I will add as option for future.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

I used the fanart cleanup option and moved unused files out. In the process all my TV fanart was removed and dumped to the DATE/Movies folder along with the unused Movies fanart, why would it combine them? The only fanart that remained was that of the imported videos.

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 11-09-2009, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman View Post
I used the fanart cleanup option and moved unused files out. In the process all my TV fanart was removed and dumped to the DATE/Movies folder along with the unused Movies fanart, why would it combine them? The only fanart that remained was that of the imported videos.
Do you use BMT together your fanart? I am guessing it didn't find any associated tv files with "mediatype" tv set which is what BMT does.