SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Sage User

HD200 connected outside network

Here are the issues with the HD200 connected to SageTV outside network.

I can't get any sound on videos (avi's,mpegs), on live/recorded TV (streaming 720p from directTV). Although the videos appear to stream GREAT. choppy when they start, but then it seems flawless.

DVD's I can't get Audio, but I also don't get any menu controls. It gets stuck on the main menu screen of the DVD and then I get no options.

MP3's - No audio as well, and futher more, when playing a playlist, I notice on the now playing screen that the songs just skip through every 10 seconds or so. It won't go through the entire songs. It's as if its on a "scan" setting.

Any suggestions?

First, inside my network everything runs fine, i get none of the errors listed below. Outside my network, i have placeshifter running on a POS toughbook (with dynamic streaming selected) and it runs pretty fine too.

The HD200 works fine in Media Player mode as well. Plays music and videos.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Sage User

Does anyone have any advice or can they point to any posts about connect this box outside the network.