SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

HD200 blu-ray folder structure

I can't seem to get blu-ray discs to show up on my HD200 extender

My DVD import folder structure is:

Code:
\\WHS\DVD
  Films
    Film 1 Title
      AUDIO_TS
      VIDEO_TS
        vob files
    Film 2 Title
      AUDIO_TS
      VIDEO_TS
        .vob files
    etc....
My Blu-ray import folder structure is:

Code:
\\WHS\Blu-Ray
  Films
    Film 3 Title
      BDMV
        AUXDATA
        STREAM
          .m2ts files
    Film 4 Title
      BDMV
        AUXDATA
        STREAM
          .m2ts files
When I import the DVD folder, DVDs show up but when I import the Blu-ray folder the Blu-rays don't show up . I am running SageTV V6.6.2.218 (WHS).

Have I set the Blu-ray folder structure correctly? The SageTV manual (appendix I) shows how to set up DVDs but not how to set up Blu-rays - I was just trying to follow how DVDs are done.

If I navigate to STREAM folder directly and select a .m2ts file to play back - that works fine.

I think I must be missing something obvious. I would be grateful for any help with this.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

That all looks right. I have imported the original BDMV folder as well as just a single .m2ts file and they both worked. Do they show up on the SageTV server? If you haven't already refreshed your imported media after adding the BDMV folders, you may try it on the HD200. Just double-checking the simple stuff....
Old 10-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLJLxx View Post
That all looks right. I have imported the original BDMV folder as well as just a single .m2ts file and they both worked. Do they show up on the SageTV server? If you haven't already refreshed your imported media after adding the BDMV folders, you may try it on the HD200. Just double-checking the simple stuff....
So do I have to do an import for each individual blu-ray
With DVDs I just do an import on the overall DVD folder ('\\WHS\DVD' in my example). I was hoping just to set the equivalent blu-ray folder ('\\WHS\Blu-Ray' in my example) as the import folder. Also, at the moment my individual blu-ray folders contain all the contents from the blu-ray - do I have to do anything special to tell SageTV which .m2ts file to play?
Old 10-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry if my suggestion was confusing.

You only have to import the main folder that all of your rips are in. In your case, \\WHS\DVD or \\WHS\Bluray should be fine. When I said "import", I meant drop the single folder or file into the collection.

As far as the folder structure goes, the original will work. Just keep in mind that it takes up quite a bit more space. If you leave it in that original format, Sage will play the longest playlist of files. Some have come across problems when it plays the Director's Cut instead of the main movie. This is why I like to rip out the main movie and anything necessary.

In my previous post, I had suggested to do a refresh on the HD200. Did this help? Were the rips showing up on the Sage server too?
Old 02-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Sage User

Did you ever figure out the problem with BDMV recognition?
I'm having the same issue now.

I'm struggling with BDMV playback on my HD200s. I copied my Blu Rays using MyMovies to BDMV folder format and they are saved in a share on my WHS box.

I have added the path to my media locations (first adding the overall Bluray folder, then trying to just add a single bluray's folder), rescanned the library (3 times now) and my Blu Rays still do not show up under "My Videos". Is there a step I'm overlooking?

All copies of the software are updated and all STV updates have been applied.
Thanks for any help.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm View Post
Did you ever figure out the problem with BDMV recognition?
No, I didn't - I gave up as it was taking too much time to sort out despite all the help/advice I was offered
In the end I just copied the main video (.m2ts) and viewed that on the HD200 which worked well enough.

However, I think the issue could be caused by having one blu-ray invalid in some way and then SageTV rejecting them all but I could be wrong. I could get it to work for one blu-ray but not if I added in further ones.

I would like to get it to work but it isn't documented in the manual AFAIK; the only example is for DVDs.
Client s/w : OS='Win8 X64', Apps='SageTV 7.1.9 Client (V7 STV)'
Extenders : 2 x HD300 (V7 STV)
Old 02-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the update.

I can manually browse my Blu Ray folder and click on the .m2ts files and watch them that way, but the import feature is just not recognizing the BDMV structure. I tried importing the overall folder (blu-rays) and even tried individual folders for only one movie and it still won't work.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

What version of Sage are you guys running? Do you have the playlists included?

Here's one of my structures:
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\CERTIFICATE\BACKUP
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\index.bdmv
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\AUXDATA
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\META
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\PLAYLIST
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\JAR
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\BDJO
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\BACKUP
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\CLIPINF
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\STREAM
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00000.mpls
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\BACKUP\index.bdmv
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\BACKUP\PLAYLIST
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\BACKUP\MovieObject.bdmv
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\BACKUP\BDJO
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\BACKUP\CLIPINF
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\BACKUP\PLAYLIST\00000.mpls
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\BACKUP\CLIPINF\00001.clpi
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\CLIPINF\00001.clpi
R:\Blu-ray\Iron Man\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts
Old 02-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm View Post
Thanks for the update.

I can manually browse my Blu Ray folder and click on the .m2ts files and watch them that way, but the import feature is just not recognizing the BDMV structure. I tried importing the overall folder (blu-rays) and even tried individual folders for only one movie and it still won't work.
Just a thought but where are you looking for your Blu-rays after the the import? I'm using a file structure similar to stranger89 and if I go to Media Center->Videos, my Blu-ray movies don't show up under titles but if I select DVD/BD on the menu bar at the top of the screen, they're all there and playable. It also helps if you name the top folder that contains the BDMV folder with the title since this is the name that is used for the DVD/BD menu. Finally, you can put a jpg image named folder.jpg in the BDMV folder and this image will also show up in the DVD/BD menu.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Without Metadata attached to the rips, they display as BD: Folder Name. they dont' ahve a medititle, so they don't show up when viewing Titles. You can either use Folder View, or DVD/BD view, to see them, or use something like BMT or the web interface to add metadata for them.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Sage User

I'm looking in the same location as my DVDs. I wonder if this has to do with the MC interface. I'm using SageMC and in its menu structure, videos are a single category. I was assuming that all DVDs and BDs showed up under that heading if the import paths were correct and the library was rescanned. My BDs still don't show up. If I exit out of the MC interface into the stand alone SageTV default menu system, I can select the DVD/BD option on the menu bar and I still only see DVDs. HOWEVER, I can browse through to my BD folder and click on any number of .m2ts files and they play fine.

Basically, I'm still struggling to get Sage (Default or MC) to identify my BDs in their BDMV structure and import them.

Here is an example path:
DVDs are stored in \\SERVER\Videos\DVDs and that is the exact path I added to the import directories

BDs are stored in \\SERVER\Videos\BLU-RAYs and the is an example of what is in that folder:
\\SERVER\Videos\BLU-RAYs\Bedtime Stories
|
\\SERVER\Videos\BLU-RAYs\Bedtime Stories\BDMV
\\SERVER\Videos\BLU-RAYs\Bedtime Stories\CERTIFICATE

The M2ts files are in : \\SERVER\Videos\BLU-RAYs\Bedtime Stories\BDMV\STREAM

I can post the entire folder but it's a little messy to try and show all the paths. The BDMV folder structure is straight out of copies made with AnyDVDHD and MyMovies (I own all the movies).
Old 02-14-2010, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't see the PLAYLIST folder in your listed structure.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
I don't see the PLAYLIST folder in your listed structure.
Playlist folder is located here:
\\SERVER\Videos\BLU-RAYs\Bedtime Stories\BDMV\PLAYLIST
Old 02-14-2010, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

And what version of Sage?
Old 02-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
And what version of Sage?
Software version: SageTV V6.6.2.218
Java Version: 1.60
SageMC STV Version: 6.3.9a pre-release 41
sagemc.jar Version 6.3.8
df_sageutils.jar Version: 2.2
phoenix.jar Version: 1.31

extender firmwre version: 20090903 0
current STV file set version: 2009130901,MD5 prefix: 761ab6
Old 02-14-2010, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay, using the Default STV (to help in troubleshooting) choose to Browse media files, and choose the option to browse the Import paths. I'm guessing you can see them here, but the question is, are they white, or yellow? If they are white, then they genuinly aren't getting added to the library for some reason or another. If they are yellow, then they ARE in the database, and for some reason aren't being displayed.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Okay, using the Default STV (to help in troubleshooting) choose to Browse media files, and choose the option to browse the Import paths. I'm guessing you can see them here, but the question is, are they white, or yellow? If they are white, then they genuinly aren't getting added to the library for some reason or another. If they are yellow, then they ARE in the database, and for some reason aren't being displayed.
Whm I browse the folders they are YELLOW. If I browse through, all the subfolders are yellow too. The actual m2ts files are white, but when I looked at the DVD folders, the video_ts files were white in that case too (and DVDs are importing just fine).

So, It would seem that the BDs are just not showing up in either the default or SageMC STVs.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Sage User

I'm officially at a loss here. I've tried stopping and restarting the sage service. I've tried multiple different STVs and sage still refuses to import and Blu Rays from their BDMV folders.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like you need to contact support.